A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Spitzer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Spitzer, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Spitzer graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Spitzer has 14 hospital affiliations:
- St Peter's Hospital
- Albany Medical Center Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Spitzer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen G. Spitzer practice?
Dr. Stephen Spitzer practices Ophthalmology near Fulton, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Syracuse, NY and Slingerlands, NY.
See Fulton Ophthalmologists.