Dr. Stephen Streitfeld MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.9

September 28th, 2016
Stay away.
Since I lost my other Dr. I've been trying to find a new one. He is awful. Gives you a drug test every time you go in there. Not sure if he wants to bill insurance or what. Doesn't listen. Just throws you on meds. Like you're some kind of experiment. Stay away.

January 18th, 2015
Awful, just awful
Worst doctor I've ever been to. They can't even be bothered to return ANY of the phone messages I leave and this has been the same for MONTHS. You can tell by the way the doctor and staff treat you that you are not cared for or a priority at all. If I could give zero stars I would. NEVER GO TO HIM

May 7th, 2014
Horrendous treatment and attitude!
Dr. Streitfeld is the worst psychiatrist I have ever been treated by. He lacks any form of human decency and compassion. He makes one feel extremely uncomfortable, his personality is wretched, and there is simply no trust. Not only have I heard his staff bad mouth him behind his back, one of the doctors who left for a better position couldn't stand him either. Can you imagine that. Let it be known that I have never had a complaint about a doctor before in my life. I have been seeing psychiatrists for over 30 years for my depression. However, this clown should not be practicing at all. I am so glad that I finally found another doctor who takes my insurance. The suffering is over.

March 18th, 2014
His staff is wonderful, they have always been very nice and gone out of their way to help me. He does run late every time I go in. The dr has a odd sense of humor but he means well. I see all the reviews and I kind of chuckle, a lot of people call him a drug pusher and such. We'll people he is a psychiatrist not a psychologist !! Psychiatrists prescribe medication, psychologists talk to you! Dr Streitfeld is a psychiatrist, so make sure you know what kind of specialist your going to. He has asked me what kind of meds I would like to try but he will give me a few to compare and tell me the side effects of each, we work together to keep my mental health on track. I like to study the medication before I start it. I like to know what I'm taking and how it works. The girl at the front desk has always been great she has been T the office for over a year and is very kind to everyone. I love this office and I don't understand all the reviews other than "people" are more likely to complain. Then pay a complement. I have seen dr Streitfeld for over 6 years and I have had my issues with the prior front desk woman And the one before her. I am over all very happy.

September 9th, 2013
Kind, Respectful, Intelligent and Thoughtful
A couple of months ago, I made an appointment with Dr. Streitfeld, and then, when it was too late to cancel without being charged, I happened to find the reviews about him on this page. I was quite concerned, asking myself what had I gotten myself into. But since it was too late to cancel without being charged a fee, I decided I would go and then if I was not happy, I would try to find someone else. I am here to tell you that my experience was nothing like what many of these reviews are saying. His office staff has always been friendly and helpful. During my initial appointment, he was kind, attentive, and thorough. He asked me many details about my mental and emotional state and it was clear that he wanted to help me; he was thoughtful and respectful of my wacky ways of seeing things. He was polite and he was dressed just fine -- casual, yet professional. He spent a great deal of time with me. I believe it was over an hour. Dr. Streitfeld takes Medicare, which had a lot to do with why I went to him. He was able to submit a test for me to help diagnose which medications my liver was able to process and that was an additional benefit. No doctor had ever done that before. I knew that the follow-up appointments would be much briefer and when I returned for a second appointment, we took care of what we needed to discuss within 15 minutes. Again, he was kind and respectful. He never rushed me -- though if I had not prepared myself for a briefer appointment and had rattled on and on, I suppose he would have encouraged me to wrap it up at some point, as he has an active practice, with other patients who could have been waiting. After my first appointment, I could only conclude that these reviews -- while there are many of them -- have been manufactured by someone with an axe to grind. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to enter multiple reviews on a site like this, and that's so unfortunate, because it's so easy to trash a doctor's reputation. I know that reading this, you have no way of knowing if I work for the doctor and if the other reviews are real, and I don't know what to say that could resolve that for you, but I had to come here and add a review, because my experience was not at all what the negative reviews have described.

February 15th, 2013
I don't get it.
I had no problem at all with Dr. Streitfeld. He spent an hour with me my first visit, he was patient, spoke gently to me and LISTENED to my answers. I have been to many doctors, and I feel comfortable with him. He was dressed nicely, and he was very professional. I felt like he respected me as a patient, not a file #. I don't get all the bad reviews...maybe you caught him on a bad day. We all have them.

October 8th, 2012
poor diagnosis
Very poor patient care. And quickly jumps to prescriptions insted of actually finding the root of the problem

May 23rd, 2012
Unprofessional
It is next to impossible to get these people to pick up the phones. They expect you to play phone tag with them which is very unprofessional. Dr was impersonal and gave my daughter a wierd feeling.We will not return to this office for help with anything.

April 3rd, 2012
Does not listen
This "doctor" is all about writing and filling presciptions. Most visits he did not speak to my son at all. He increased my son's medication indiscriminately, even after I told him I did not want the dosage increased. That was the the last straw and I took my son somewhere else. The new doctor told me that he was at a dose level for an adult with psychosis and that many of the symptoms that caused Dr Streitfeld to increase the medication were being caused by the medication itself. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

June 19th, 2011
Dr. Scumbag
My sessions with Dr. Streitfeld are like scenes from a black comedy film. He cuts me off when I speak, he confuses me with his other patients, he pretends like he doesn't know about the common and obvious side effects of the medications he prescribes to me, he uses a childish tone, he doesn't listen to anything I say, he's rude, he's incompetent to answers my questions properly, he's arrogant, and he holds no interest in actually helping others. Also why is there a new woman at the front desk every time I visit? (I've been going to him for 4 or 5 years because I have an extravagant sense of humor.) Somewhere around a year and a half ago I was abruptly handed over to see his nurse practitioner with no explanation. She was kind, but that doesn't mean anything to me. Rachel was the most unprofessional woman in the world. She wore Ed hardy belts and painted on Levis with heels. She looked like she needed psychiatric help more than I do. During one of our sessions I stood up to leave and she called her dog from out and underneath of her desk. My reaction was speechless. Her reaction was to look at me smile and laugh. Dr. Streitfeld and everyone who works/ed in his office is absolutely despicable. I have great sympathy for the unfortunate patients of this piece of "doctor." DO NOT VISIT HIM!!!

November 10th, 2010
I should have gone with my instinct and canceled my appointment after reading these reviews. I'm writing to confirm the negative reviews. The reviewers are not exaggerating.

April 8th, 2010
P.O'd
I DO NOT recommend this "Dr." The other day I had an appointment and I was running late. The lady at the reception desk is always unfriendly, but that day she was extra rude. She turned me away because it was their lunch time, but when they make me wait 30 AFTER my appt time, it's okay for them. When I walked in, Dr Streitfeld also gave me a look like yep, you are S.O.L. She asked if I could come back in 45 mins and I said no. I made an appt for the next day, and when she called later to confirm it I said I am not coming because I wasn't happy about what happened and I am finding a new dr and she said okay and hung up on me! Rudest people I have ever met. Dr Streitfeld has no idea what he is doing as a Dr too. I chose my meds because he probably has no idea.