Dr. Stephen Sulkes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Sulkes?

Developmental Delay

Posted on July 22nd, 2008

My husband and I met with Dr. Sulkes today with our son and he was wonderful. He was great with my son and answered all of our questions about my sons delays. I would recommend him to others.

Parents! Don't Send Your Children to Doctor Sulkes!

Posted on July 1st, 2008

In 2004, Dr.Sulkes prescribe an antibiotic (Avelox) for my son that hadn't been approved safe for children. My son has permanent brain damaged as a result. It appears to me that Dr. Sulkes deliberately created a disabiliy case out of my son. I wouldn't put a dog in this doctor's care let alone a child. My son was completely normal until his visit with this man who was suppose to help him, but instead destroyed his life.

Doctor's Response

I have responded to this review many times. I am sorry for the situation that apparently led to this boy's disability, but I sincerely doubt that I had anything to do with causing it. Even if moxifloxacin WAS associated with causing developmental disability, which it is not, to my knowledge the case, it is not part of my practice to treat children with antibiotics. I am a subspecialist in developmental disabilities, not providing primary care. If I was involved in the care of this boy I am unaware of it, but if I was, it is much more likely I would have seen him after developmental disability was present than before.

Posted on September 23rd, 2009