Family Physicians

Clinton Township
43600 Garfield Rd
Clinton Township, MI 48038
586-228-0400
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
May 4th, 2014

This Doctor is the worst doctor ever. Ladies dont see this quack. He makes the most inappropriate comments that borderlines sexual harrassment. He spends more time flirting with his office staff than treating patient. (Which I cant blame him since his wife is a complete ogar.) The blond lady at the front desk who checks people in seems like the only staff member who knows what she is doing. I went in for an ear infection and he tried give a injection of antibiotic that I was allergic to. Seriously!!!! Runnnnn....

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Raymond Lyman on Mar 8th, 2014

I have going to Doc for a long time now.And for me personally I would never go anywhere else..Yes just like anywhere you may go not just in a Drs office things cannot be perfect all the time..I like First come First serve..This way he gets to take more time with you and to find out what is going on with you..I have never had any unnecessary tests done without being asked first..So when I read some of these negative comments I'm wondering are we seeming the same Dr?..And as far as the front of the office and his nurses to,They have always treated me with the up most respect..Doc gives a lot of himself in the community and teaching young students in his office..And the list can go on..But some of you folks don't know this cause you don't take the time sit with him ..and if you spend your time complaining about how long you've been waiting well I'd say get up earlier and be the first in line..I don't mind the wait cause Doc is well worth it..I enjoy the time when we can just joke around and just shoot the breeze..And him asking me every time he walks in the room when I'm going to quit smoking cause I smell like a dang chimney lol..So if he didn't care he wouldn't say anything..So to the folks who have written all those negative comments all I can say is I'm sorry you didn't take the time to get to know Doc..I'm just lucky I found him years ago and I can't see myself going anywhere else..we'll until he retires that is lol..Keep up the Great work Doc and I will being seeing ya soon....

by angela arnone on Feb 24th, 2014

I absolutely love dr swetech. He is courteous, thourough and very nice. He has been my doctor for a long time and hopefully for many more years to come. I also love his staff they are always nice to me.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Laura Lon..... on Feb 4th, 2014

Dr. Swetech is an amazing doctor and I highly reccommend. I started going to him last year and unlike most Drs... he actually listens to you and truely cares about what you have to say (unlike most doctors). He changed my life. I have even moved far but I will continue to have him as my Dr. Don't let these negative reviews put you off... its only the pple that have isolated experiences... no one evere bothers going out of their way to put the good ones. Yes, there may be a wait... but at least you can be seen that day instead of waiting sometimes a week like other offices. My whole family is even switching to him...

|  Bob  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2013

I would NEVER recommend Dr. Swetech to even my worst enemy. The average wait time to get in to see him is 3 hours or more and he spends less than 1 or 2 minutes with each client. After spending hours upon hours in his waiting room...all the other patients waiting all seem to complain about the same things....The 3 hour wait times, his perversion, And Suboxone, which is what he prescribes to the vast majority of his patients for addictions, pain, you name it. He accepts cash only, and when you FINALLY get called into the waiting room, he always has one foot out the door, leaving no room to listen to the needs of his patients. There have been several times that he just called me into the general area where all of the staff is, and blurts out that I am now addicted to Suboxone and now need treatment!!! He has also told me not to complain about the side affects that I have from this med, and that I am a liar. So there is no privacy, trust, honesty or even integrity when it comes to this man. His profile is not accurate when it comes to his area of expertise (obstetrics and geriatric medicine). He is nothing but a legal drug dealer. I went in to see him for the first time because I have been battling back pain for a long time and wanted an alternative to addictive drugs like vicodin. The first thing he said to me is..."well I'm gonna be your new best friend." Then he hits on me, telling me " oh what I would do to you if I could", " you're so beautiful, I want you, etc...AND in front of my two little girls! Then he prescribes Suboxone to me at a very high dose. I did not realize how addictive this medicine is because I knew nothing about it and he told me that it isn't addictive. So I trusted him. When I tried to get off the medication, the withdrawals were HORRENDOUS ...worse than heroine from what I heard and after a whole week of withdrawals...I finally gave in and had to go back for more. I want off this medicine so badly, but because I was blindsided by this man that I put my trust in...I am now addicted for life, when it was my intention to get on a painkiller that was non-addictive. So I continue to see him because the addiction takes over and I have to take my Suboxone or else I am completely miserable. He hits on all the women and says a lot of things that are inappropriate. He is shady, and can't sit still long enough to listen to my story. The last time I saw him, he told me that now I need to go to an inpatient addiction center, and said it in front of his entire staff, and other patients. I blame him for this addiction since I trusted him when he said that it is non-addictive and there won't be any withdrawals when I decide to stop taking it. Oh, and not to mention that Suboxone is NOT covered by ANY insurance plans, and costs $8.50 or more per strip. His office visits are not covered by insurance and are $170 for the first visit. He also doesn't give refills so patients have to go every single month to see him. I've now been on this med for over 3 years, have spent thousands of dollars on these visits and medications, and now need rehab. And all because I wanted an alternative option to other addictive opiates, so as NOT to get addicted. This man cannot be trusted! Please steer clear of this doctor AND of Suboxone. He is no better than any drug dealer and should NOT be practicing medicine. He only cares about the money...not your well-being. He ruined my life as well as my family's. I don't want this to happen to anyone else...this is why I wrote this review.

|  One and Done  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2013

This being my first visit to Dr. Swetech, getting in and checked on the very same day was a breeze. But the experience went down from the moment I sat in the examining room. Then first nurse promptly came to draw blood, for which I had to ask questions over why. The second nurse, whom was an intern, was nice but she only checked my blood pressure and temperature. A third nurse called me from the hall to pee in a cup - for which I still don't understand why - and later poked in to randomly tell me to go get an x-ray. The doctor himself was shouting to nurses and patients from all places. His innuendos were Totally Inappropriate. He acted professional when he realized my fiance was with me. Rather than going through his diagnosis first, he listed off three prescriptions that I needed and my fiance and I had to ask a bunch of "why" and "what for"s to understand what was going on the whole time. All the while having a nurse poke her head through the door to ask such strange and random questions. I was So uncomfortable. I'm glad I had my fiance there. I went for congestion and a cough that hasn't gone away. I don't plan to go again. Ever. Not after being embarrassed by the doctor himself over a chest x-ray - "Hey look! She has eyes on her chest!" - which was just clips on my bra straps...

|  Should probably not be a doctor  |  show details
by James on Feb 24th, 2013

Very unprofessional, was unable to help me, needs to grow up a bit, and should not be a doctor. Can't recommend.

|  Weird Doctor  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

I began seeing Dr. Swetech about a year ago and I dread every minute having to go see him, due to very rude staff, takes forever to get to see him and than you wait more time. The Dr. always trys to hit on my wife as well very unprofessional!

|  says himself he is not that good  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2012

says go some where else and says you are impatient if you cant wait 2 hours

May 23rd, 2012

If you like waiting for hours to get to the room... then waiting a bit longer to see the doc for a minute... then this is the doc for you. Front desk chick is a real B$*# too!!! Enjoy!

Apr 26th, 2012

this guy is is the worst doctor i have ever used in my life. the first time i was seen i was not ready for his arrogance and he was only with me for a few minutes after hours of waiting. The second time i was prepared and the doctor decided to have an all out argument with me because he felt he knew more about me within the 2 ten minute visits i had with him than i do about myself. never going back. not to mention the rest of the staff. I feel for the attendings who get stuck learning from this fool

|  Would NOT recommend.  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

Dr. Swetech's "office" is more like a "clinic;" no appointment necessary. Make sure you take plenty of patience with you. I've been there twice and the visits, so far, are averaging FOUR HOURS start to finish. What can I say about Dr. Swetech's bedside manner? In my opinion, he's a little too "comfortable" with his patients. I'm sure he thinks he's being friendly but, personally, I don't want my doctor putting his head on my shoulder for any reason, not even for a second. I was also shocked once to see Dr. Swetech, while having words with an employee, fling a clipboard across the hall in anger. The office staff was very professional and nice but the good doctor... I don't know. With so many other choices out there I'm not going back.

|  A long wait for poor care  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2012

Too rude, and guesses a lot. I think he falls down at anything more complex than a cold. Wants to give medical samples to everyone for anything. Must be a money thing with the drug companies.

|  Go Somewhere Else!  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2011

This doctor has been our family doctor for over four years, but only because there was no one closer that would accept our insurance. He doesn't schedule appointments so it is a race to get there before everyone else. I have always had to wait at least an hour before being taken to a room. Once over four hours!!!! Just because you are taken to a room however, does not mean you are going to be seen anytime soon. He takes his time talking to everyone and constantly leaving the room. After all the time spent there you only see him for around ten minutes. All of his staff is extremely rude with the exception of one lady. The receptionist is super rude and has no idea what she is doing. The only lady more rude than her is the doctors wife, who you can constantly hear shouting at employees and her husband. I can't believe I wasted so much time going here. Run away from this man!

|  glad i did a search before i made app.  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

Thank you to everyone that wrote a review.my daughters insurance picked this Dr since I forgot to. Well you all saved me from a nightmare ..... I don't understand how this Dr is still treating people??? Someone needs to report him!!

|  shocked he has not kiled any one yet  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

This doctor is so al over place giving people a bag full of meds ever time you see him.when you see him no matter if your feeling a100% he will say some thing is wrong . He never knows wha he is doing writes the wrong things in peoples charts .give meds that are way to high of a dose . And makes them sick .you can never there with out a shot some kind of test done or meds the sicker he makes you the money makes . Now I know why he hs a bio clinic he pushs all kinds of med from cold meds to heavy drugs and all kind of unneed drugs . His staff is the worst people his wife is rude load tells every one every one elses problems bussiness half his staff has no idea what they are doing because the doc come in the room for two mins goes sees some one else comes back to you by that time he forgets why you are hear so he is yelling down the hall dorathy give miss or mr so and so this for there this problem.he also is a perve love t touch me look at me talk about giving me a pap because he loves how it looks. Then he send your meds over next door that takes him a hour to send two of the med he told he was writing for 3more you did not know about and 2 more for some oneelse but put them under your name .and his office is ver dirty smels junkys hanging out every where and normal people waiting to see the doc having to stand because he has yard chairs as his waiting room seats . 10 very sick people waiting for hours while he takes the ones back he likes or plays paper toss down the hall way with kids teling them its ok to hit as he is kicking them in the balls . Or just hanging out in his little area that's filled with junk and dirty pee cups and food and blood tubeswhat a bad doctor I have been at his office for 7 hrs had to wait to see him 4 hrs but we stayed gets had theflu real bad

|  HORRIBLE RUDE  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

THE FRONT OFFICE STAF WAS RUDE, RUDE RUDE!! DR'S WIFE WAS EXTREMELY RUDE. WOULD NEVER GO THERE AGAIN AND WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND GOING THERE TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS.

|  bad wait for poor care  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

Been here a couple of times because you don't need an appointment. The bad thing is that the wait is easily an hr. He rushes through unless he's telling stories.

|  Rude Rude Rude  |  show details
May 11th, 2011

Front office staff was rude rude rude! Fat foreign lady was eating and yelling at her staff. Dr almost injected me with an antibiotic i am allergic to. wtf!

|  Needle blows up  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2011

Dr Swetech was a horrible doctor first off he took 4 hrs to see me the when me and my wife were in the office he told us to wait one second and got up on us and walked down the hall to go see a guy about a refill to a script.Then this bum comes back and gives me a trigger point injection in my hand and at the end the needle tip blows off and everywhere cause his assistants didnt know how to screw the needle tip on lmao this guys a joke then come to find out he writes me a script for Tylenol 4s and naproxen for 2 weeks so i call back and now i gotta wait and pay again for a script im sorry but this is extortion when you write scripts 2 weeks at a time and will not even talk to your patient.

|  Bad  |  show details
by Jesse on Jun 21st, 2010

Horrible experiences with this particular doctor... Will not be scheduling with him or at his location again.

|  Rude  |  show details
by Lost Patients on May 20th, 2010

Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude

Dec 18th, 2009

Was chosen as Primary Physician after receiving Medicaid (lost job & health ins.). Does not make appointments, walk-ins only. Staff was rude, unprofessional. Our wait was 3.5 hours. Two persons signed in after us were taken first. Doctor was impatient, rude. Waiting room door left open so you can hear doctor speaking with patients. Dirty office. Will be changing Primary Physician as soon as possible.

Dec 4th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Quick, worthless and a lot of money for the office: I've never seen anyone spend a minute with a patient and send them out the door while pocketing $130 worth of insurance money. The U.S. should legalize medical like Canada. We migth get better care.Heck,

Sep 24th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Non Caring and Rude Workers: This doctor treats your symptoms before he knows what is wrong. He cost me over a $1,000 in unneccessary medical bills and then when I had a credit on my account never bothered to use it toward my balance nor have I received i

Apr 2nd, 2006 on yahoo.com

Excellent & Caring: You don't get that pay my house payment, give me your money, you got 15 minutes and your time is up attitude. Granted a Doctor makes more money and can afford nice things, but this Doctor has priorities unlike any other Doctor I've see