Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Love my doc show details Love my doc
by Joyce M. on May 5th, 2016

I just ran across these reviews when I was double checking for his phone number. I've been coming to Dr. Swetech for years - and yes at first I found his bed side manner a bit off, but it's his personality, he's not "hitting" on you. And yes some days (most days) you wait awhile in the office. But this man works late into the evening going over charts and calling patients with results. He also goes in early for this same reason. I like going to him as he doesn't just tell me what to do and leave. We discuss what can be done and I always try more natural fixes before starting any meds. You may need to steer him in the direction of care you are comfortable with. And these days, you need to do some of your own research and be active in your own health - shame on you if you are not.

loser show details loser
by Sarah on Mar 28th, 2016

You must be desperate to go here since there's a hundred doctors on every corner, most of who accept all insurances. This guy was rude, racist, and ignorant. Then billed me wrong and put me in collections before even discussing it with me. Only visit if you like religion bashing, racist doctors. I'm white btw and was offended by the things out of his mouth. He even had the audacity to hit on me at the end of the appointment. Disgusting piece of work this man is.

Jan 26th, 2016

This doctor is extremely inappropriate and unprofessional. I found myself wondering if he was wasted! Wait time over 2 hours. Dr continuously flirted, displayed incompetence by way of medication errors, and was very scary! I would NEVER recommend this physician.

Jan 25th, 2016

Dr. swetech awesome !

by Angela Arnone on Dec 25th, 2015

I absolutely love my doctor and the staff. He's been my doctor for years and will be for years to come. I love you Dr. Swetech

Horrible: Doctor,Staff, Practice, Assistants, Wait show details Horrible: Doctor,Staff, Practice, Assistants, Wait
by Michael L. on Dec 5th, 2015

This is my second visit as I thought the first bad experience was a fluke it wasn't will not go anymore. My appointment was 11am and was not seen by the doctor till 1pm (similar long wait the first time). They fill the exam rooms to keep the lobby clear so as to not scare incoming patients. You can hear him calling patients with test results and shouting them to his staff. Also I could hear him talking to a drug a rep who had brought lunch and that went on for 30 mins no patients were being seen. As I side note I had never been on that drug and was doing fine but what a surprise when he finally comes in he tell me how much I need it. Funny side note also on their door they have a sign that the DR. will not meet with drug reps except by appt on 1 day a week but when one came in while I was in the lobby she was surprised he wouldn't see them but when the rep offered lunch they pulled out their drug rep lunch calendar then all of a sudden it was like well sure we can see you on any day we have a lunch opening which was 28 days from the day I was there,,,,,,,Kind of telling isn't it? This doctor is a joke. Me being a man only got a like a 3 minute exam and time to talk. But he spent 20 minutes with the girl next to me and when I ran into her at the pharmacy this Doctor tells you to go to she told me some very inappropriate things he said. He wife runs around and yells at EVERYONE even me because I went the wrong way in the office to ask for a pen to write my name on the urine sample I was told to leave. She was running around cussing and yelling at patients,office staff, the doc and the physician assistant girls the ENTIRE time I was there. PLEASE look at all the negative reviews and DON'T GO TO THIS DOCTOR! SAVE YOURSELF!

Dec 4th, 2015

Very disappointed... Appointment at 130 nobody in waiting room.. Get in back it's 330 before he comes in... Front desk is very snotty... Dr does not have a filter on his language and doesn't care what he says.. I've worked in the medical field and am appalled by this practice all the way around

WOW SMH show details WOW SMH
Oct 13th, 2015

Rude, says very VERY inappropriate things & not compassionate. Seems like he is not even paying attention to what you are saying with his foot half out the door as soon as he walks in/ 2 hour wait and then rush rush rush when he comes in the room, not addressing all problems or fully explaining what is wrong with you, what he is doing & why or explaining what he thinks is wrong with you, what he is prescribing and why or giving you the directions on to use it. I left there feeling belittled, frustrated, upset and full of regret that I had even went to see him!! I'd rather break my leg and try to deal with it at home with a first aid book than go back there!!! Such a horrible, uncomfortable experience! :'(

Jul 30th, 2015

Dr. Swetech seems to really try but his wife who is also the manager has no education to be a manager and no class and is constantly yelling at and belittling him. She even screams at her employees. Their turnover is horrendous as the employees have been known to quit on their first day. It's a ridiculous environment and not professional at all!

No respect for time!! show details No respect for time!!
Jul 21st, 2015

Spent an average of 3 hours in waiting room... The last time I went was over 4 hours from my appointment time. When he finally did see my daughter rushed threw my questions and couldn't finish talking than sent me home with antibiotics and children's ibuprofen and there was nothing wrong with her... I left the last time furor and never going back. If you want to see this doc make sure u bring lunch and dinner and plan to be there all day.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY!!! You've been warned! show details STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY!!! You've been warned!
by Unbelievable on Jun 19th, 2015

4 hour wait. Does a sloppy 5 minute PHYSICAL. Prescribes drugs without confirmed diagnosis. Tells to call for test results then never gives results because he doesn't have the in front of him. Then says to call back. When you call back he says stop calling all the time. Always in a hurry. Does not listen. You have been warned. STAY AWAY. I wish I would have read the reviews before making an appt, with this QUACK!

He should stick to treating men only show details He should stick to treating men only
Apr 29th, 2015

The man is not stupid but he is a child trapped in a man's body. More like a teenager going through constant puberty. He is not even "complimentary" he is out and out inappropriate and creepy. Women honestly, stay away, something is not right.

Puts you on meds you dont need!! show details Puts you on meds you dont need!!
Apr 22nd, 2015

Do not go to this doctor is you want an accurate diagnosis and treatment. He does not tell you that you should fast for blood work, so that messes up the reults and then he puts you on medication for,say, high cholesteral or sugar. If you have been fasting the results would be different and you may be taking medicaiton you don't need!!! Very dangerous!!!

Mar 24th, 2015

Best Doctor in the world my doctor for 20 years

May 4th, 2014

This Doctor is the worst doctor ever. Ladies dont see this quack. He makes the most inappropriate comments that borderlines sexual harrassment. He spends more time flirting with his office staff than treating patient. (Which I cant blame him since his wife is a complete ogar.) The blond lady at the front desk who checks people in seems like the only staff member who knows what she is doing. I went in for an ear infection and he tried give a injection of antibiotic that I was allergic to. Seriously!!!! Runnnnn....

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Raymond Lyman on Mar 8th, 2014

I have going to Doc for a long time now.And for me personally I would never go anywhere else..Yes just like anywhere you may go not just in a Drs office things cannot be perfect all the time..I like First come First serve..This way he gets to take more time with you and to find out what is going on with you..I have never had any unnecessary tests done without being asked first..So when I read some of these negative comments I'm wondering are we seeming the same Dr?..And as far as the front of the office and his nurses to,They have always treated me with the up most respect..Doc gives a lot of himself in the community and teaching young students in his office..And the list can go on..But some of you folks don't know this cause you don't take the time sit with him ..and if you spend your time complaining about how long you've been waiting well I'd say get up earlier and be the first in line..I don't mind the wait cause Doc is well worth it..I enjoy the time when we can just joke around and just shoot the breeze..And him asking me every time he walks in the room when I'm going to quit smoking cause I smell like a dang chimney lol..So if he didn't care he wouldn't say anything..So to the folks who have written all those negative comments all I can say is I'm sorry you didn't take the time to get to know Doc..I'm just lucky I found him years ago and I can't see myself going anywhere else..we'll until he retires that is lol..Keep up the Great work Doc and I will being seeing ya soon....

by angela arnone on Feb 24th, 2014

I absolutely love dr swetech. He is courteous, thourough and very nice. He has been my doctor for a long time and hopefully for many more years to come. I also love his staff they are always nice to me.

Patient show details Patient
by Laura Lon..... on Feb 4th, 2014

Dr. Swetech is an amazing doctor and I highly reccommend. I started going to him last year and unlike most Drs... he actually listens to you and truely cares about what you have to say (unlike most doctors). He changed my life. I have even moved far but I will continue to have him as my Dr. Don't let these negative reviews put you off... its only the pple that have isolated experiences... no one evere bothers going out of their way to put the good ones. Yes, there may be a wait... but at least you can be seen that day instead of waiting sometimes a week like other offices. My whole family is even switching to him...

One and Done show details One and Done
Jun 10th, 2013

This being my first visit to Dr. Swetech, getting in and checked on the very same day was a breeze. But the experience went down from the moment I sat in the examining room. Then first nurse promptly came to draw blood, for which I had to ask questions over why. The second nurse, whom was an intern, was nice but she only checked my blood pressure and temperature. A third nurse called me from the hall to pee in a cup - for which I still don't understand why - and later poked in to randomly tell me to go get an x-ray. The doctor himself was shouting to nurses and patients from all places. His innuendos were Totally Inappropriate. He acted professional when he realized my fiance was with me. Rather than going through his diagnosis first, he listed off three prescriptions that I needed and my fiance and I had to ask a bunch of "why" and "what for"s to understand what was going on the whole time. All the while having a nurse poke her head through the door to ask such strange and random questions. I was So uncomfortable. I'm glad I had my fiance there. I went for congestion and a cough that hasn't gone away. I don't plan to go again. Ever. Not after being embarrassed by the doctor himself over a chest x-ray - "Hey look! She has eyes on her chest!" - which was just clips on my bra straps...

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Should probably not be a doctor show details Should probably not be a doctor
by James on Feb 24th, 2013

Very unprofessional, was unable to help me, needs to grow up a bit, and should not be a doctor. Can't recommend.

Weird Doctor show details Weird Doctor
Jul 23rd, 2012

I began seeing Dr. Swetech about a year ago and I dread every minute having to go see him, due to very rude staff, takes forever to get to see him and than you wait more time. The Dr. always trys to hit on my wife as well very unprofessional!

says himself he is not that good show details says himself he is not that good
Jun 4th, 2012

says go some where else and says you are impatient if you cant wait 2 hours

Apr 26th, 2012

this guy is is the worst doctor i have ever used in my life. the first time i was seen i was not ready for his arrogance and he was only with me for a few minutes after hours of waiting. The second time i was prepared and the doctor decided to have an all out argument with me because he felt he knew more about me within the 2 ten minute visits i had with him than i do about myself. never going back. not to mention the rest of the staff. I feel for the attendings who get stuck learning from this fool

Would NOT recommend. show details Would NOT recommend.
Apr 23rd, 2012

Dr. Swetech's "office" is more like a "clinic;" no appointment necessary. Make sure you take plenty of patience with you. I've been there twice and the visits, so far, are averaging FOUR HOURS start to finish. What can I say about Dr. Swetech's bedside manner? In my opinion, he's a little too "comfortable" with his patients. I'm sure he thinks he's being friendly but, personally, I don't want my doctor putting his head on my shoulder for any reason, not even for a second. I was also shocked once to see Dr. Swetech, while having words with an employee, fling a clipboard across the hall in anger. The office staff was very professional and nice but the good doctor... I don't know. With so many other choices out there I'm not going back.

A long wait for poor care show details A long wait for poor care
Mar 7th, 2012

Too rude, and guesses a lot. I think he falls down at anything more complex than a cold. Wants to give medical samples to everyone for anything. Must be a money thing with the drug companies.

Go Somewhere Else! show details Go Somewhere Else!
Nov 26th, 2011

This doctor has been our family doctor for over four years, but only because there was no one closer that would accept our insurance. He doesn't schedule appointments so it is a race to get there before everyone else. I have always had to wait at least an hour before being taken to a room. Once over four hours!!!! Just because you are taken to a room however, does not mean you are going to be seen anytime soon. He takes his time talking to everyone and constantly leaving the room. After all the time spent there you only see him for around ten minutes. All of his staff is extremely rude with the exception of one lady. The receptionist is super rude and has no idea what she is doing. The only lady more rude than her is the doctors wife, who you can constantly hear shouting at employees and her husband. I can't believe I wasted so much time going here. Run away from this man!

glad i did a search before i made app. show details glad i did a search before i made app.
Oct 4th, 2011

Thank you to everyone that wrote a review.my daughters insurance picked this Dr since I forgot to. Well you all saved me from a nightmare ..... I don't understand how this Dr is still treating people??? Someone needs to report him!!

HORRIBLE RUDE show details HORRIBLE RUDE
Aug 29th, 2011

THE FRONT OFFICE STAF WAS RUDE, RUDE RUDE!! DR'S WIFE WAS EXTREMELY RUDE. WOULD NEVER GO THERE AGAIN AND WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND GOING THERE TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS.

bad wait for poor care show details bad wait for poor care
May 23rd, 2011

Been here a couple of times because you don't need an appointment. The bad thing is that the wait is easily an hr. He rushes through unless he's telling stories.

Needle blows up show details Needle blows up
Apr 11th, 2011

Dr Swetech was a horrible doctor first off he took 4 hrs to see me the when me and my wife were in the office he told us to wait one second and got up on us and walked down the hall to go see a guy about a refill to a script.Then this bum comes back and gives me a trigger point injection in my hand and at the end the needle tip blows off and everywhere cause his assistants didnt know how to screw the needle tip on lmao this guys a joke then come to find out he writes me a script for Tylenol 4s and naproxen for 2 weeks so i call back and now i gotta wait and pay again for a script im sorry but this is extortion when you write scripts 2 weeks at a time and will not even talk to your patient.

Bad show details Bad
by Jesse on Jun 21st, 2010

Horrible experiences with this particular doctor... Will not be scheduling with him or at his location again.

Dec 18th, 2009

Was chosen as Primary Physician after receiving Medicaid (lost job & health ins.). Does not make appointments, walk-ins only. Staff was rude, unprofessional. Our wait was 3.5 hours. Two persons signed in after us were taken first. Doctor was impatient, rude. Waiting room door left open so you can hear doctor speaking with patients. Dirty office. Will be changing Primary Physician as soon as possible.