Dermatologist
1921 Waldemere St
Ste 509
Sarasota, FL 34239
941-953-9955
Locations and availability (6)

2.5

|  He is the best at solving skin problems.  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2012

Dr. Switlyk has been seeing my family for over a year. I send all my clients and friends I know. I am amazed how fast he solves skin conditions. My daughter has had a tough time with warts. Other Dr.'s have told her to come back for more treatments after 6 weeks and then it would never go away between treatments. After I was reccomended by a friend to go to him...he explained my daughter needed treatment after 4 weeks and no later...for the warts will never be easy to get rid of.....and he was right!I also was seen by him recently over a skin rash all over my body. I panicked and they got me right in to his office the very next day. Dr. Switlyk asked if I had strep throat recently. My eyes fell out of my head....yes, I did. He gave me a light treatment for two months and it all went away. I called my brother who lives in N.Y. who also suffers from this rash and sees a dermatologist as well...and I told him to speak to his Dr. about my discovery...my brother suffers from chronic strep throat and he as well gets these rashes. Perhaps now my brother will have a better grip in handeling it. Thanks to my wonderful Dr. I love him and his wonderful, warm, caring staff. Thank you!Erin Dawson

|  An Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2012

This doctor and staff care about their patients! I highly recommend him.

|  Uniquely Qualified!  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Switlyk for my psoriasis for almost 2 years. I would agree that when you first meet him, he has a unique manner; but the fact is, he has a big personality and wickedly sharp sense of humor. Some may mistake that for uncaring or unprofessional..It's in fact, just the opposite! This guy is very smart and very qualified. Board certified TWICE! His demeanor and the familiar behavior of the staff puts me at ease and makes me feel more like part of the process rather than a number. Dr. Switlyk has my complete trust and has been the only Dr. to clear my severe case of Psoriasis. I appreciate his staff and him very much. Talk of his greed is so far off base it's offensive. Don't expect the run of the mill Dr. office experience, but do expect to feel comfortable and treated effectively and thoroughly! Who says treatment has to be boring and cold?

|  seeking a second opinion  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2011

I am un-impressed with this doctor. Staff was chaotic and felt that they had no clue how to run a medical office. Doctor was rushed and talked to me at a million miles a minute which made it confusing to understand and at the end of the appointment he told me to loose weight, which had no bearing on the diagnosis made.I will never speak highly of this doctor.

|  One of the best docs I've had  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

Has helped with a number of problems, really knows his field. I wish all my doctors were this good.

|  Unique Doctor!!! He knows a lot about Psoriasis!!! Great!!!  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2010

I came to his office referred by another dermatologist due to the seriousness of my 5 years old son skin condition. My only concern at first was that he didn't spend as much time as I wanted with us but I also understood that it was something that I couldn't complain because he has a lot of patients and he tries to do his best with each one of them. Every time that I have needed to talk to him, he has always been there for us. He doesn't have any type of bureaucracy as in other doctor's offices that their is no way that you can talk to the doctor unless you pass a battery of questions. He cares a lot about my son and he is always looking for treatments with fewer side effects and that could help him best. I even tried a pediatric dermatologist just for having a third opinion and it was just pure protocol. One of his best qualities is that he is sincere and obviously my son likes him which means that he is in the right place. Instead of considering him greedy for money I would say it is completely the opposite, he has always help us especially in our case that we need to see him at least twice a week.

|  More worried about making money  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2010

Dr. Switlyk can be pleasent when he wants to be but is very uncaring. His office staff of one who I belive is his wife is very unprofessional. She is rude and not very helpful. She spends most of her time on her cellphone then attending to patients. She talks about other patients diagnosis out loud while patients are sitting in the waiting room. The doctor makes fun of other patients and calls them stupid when they have questions. He is very condescending. I was being treated once for something and he refused to look at something else because he said everything he looked at had to be a separate appointment. Which is fine if they are for different things but I had multiple things to be removed and he wanted me to come in separate for each one. He is more interested in Cosmetic procedures than taking care of his patients.

|  show details
Mar 15th, 2010

Dr. Switlyk is a gentleman and, I think, very knowledgeable about his specialty. He doesn't spend a lot of time with each patient, but he does see each patient on every visit, even the ones just coming for the light treatments. I like him.

|  show details
Dec 29th, 2009

This Doctor is more interested in making money and seeing as many patients as possible and not interested in the actual health of his patients. I know this only from my personal relationship with the doctor and to see how abusive he is to his family also leaves something to be desired.

|  Careful and thorough with a sense of humor  |  show details
by Current patient on Nov 2nd, 2009

Dr. Switlyk runs a very busy office, treating a lot of photochemotherapy patients, like myself. He sees every patient on every visit and programs the therapy carefully by himself, whereas a lot of places have this done by technicians. I feel really well taken care of and appreciate his smile, laughter and banter with his excellent staff.

|  Experience is sometime misleading to decide a new doctor  |  show details
by Tom Hass on Feb 9th, 2009

I visited Dr. Switlyk for about 5 times in a year. I had skin issues suffering from heavy sun light. Every time I went there he asked me to do some tests and he could never gave a correct result of the issue. He is more interested to diagnose more patients rather than spending enough time with one patient.After taking his medications my problems were increased rather than getting rid of it.His office staff is one of the worst staff I have seen in my life. I felt like nurse was the doctor and she was instructing doctors about how to deal with patients. She was very rude too and interrupts doctor several time for no reason while he was consulting me.In all, I simply don't recommend this doctor to my family or relatives. There are many other great dermatologists in Tampa bay area.