A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Higgins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Higgins, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Cocaine-Related Disorders
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Intravenous Substance Abuse
- Mental Disorders
- Opioid-Related Addiction Disorders
- Substance Withdrawal Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Higgins graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Higgins has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
- Main Line Hospital Lankenau
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Higgins accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen T. Higgins practice?
Dr. Stephen Higgins practices Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine near Chester, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Drexel Hill, PA and Upland, PA.
See Chester Pediatricians.