Dr. Stephen Thorn MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

October 2nd, 2015
It's very likely your appointment will be running late. It's even more likely you will think he's worth waiting for. Genuinely cares about his patients and is an absolute joy to know. He is a gifted physician and a blessing for so many people I know.

April 24th, 2015
Dr Thron is seriously the best infertility doctor out there!!!!!!!

February 16th, 2015
Dr Thorn is Terrific Upfront and Honest Great Doctor

January 17th, 2013
Awesome
I love Dr. Thorn. I feel like he cares about me and spends time with me at my appointments. I don't get upset when I have to wait for him in the waiting room because I know that he is giving the patient that he is with all of his attention and I too will get that!! Amazing man!

March 2nd, 2012
The BEST EVER!!!!!
Dr. Thorn has been my doctor for 10+ years and I was completey crushed when he let go from Albert Lea. I have never had a more caring and trust worthy doctor EVER!!! He help me and my husband through fertility problems which eneded in a beautifl heatlhy little girl. My husband and I have again been struggling over the past year with fertility only to reciently suffered a miscarriage. We have seen a couple different docots but I just don't feel as comfortable and trusting as I did with Dr. Thron and I am tired of trying to put that trust into other doctors when the only one that I want to be dealing with is Dr. Thorn so I have made the decision to travel the 2 hours to New Hampton to continue my care with him and now with having suffered a loss I will not see anybody else. It may be a long distance but I know it will be completely worth every mile. I am very excited to once again be one of his patients.

September 15th, 2011
Absolutely THE BEST... he's unbeatable!
Dr. Thorn is a master in his field. Anyone looking for a great physician should get in line to see him - wherever he lands. If he provides care anywhere within a 60 mile radius of my home, he will have me as a patient! He has the BEST bedside manner, he's humble, and he truly cares about his patients. I was so disappointed in Mayo Clinic's decision to let him go. I always want to support our local businesses and service providers but I won't be going there again for prenatal care.

September 1st, 2011
THank you for help me during the pregnancy I will follow your practice at Mercy Medical Center, I hope you can start soon. THank you again

August 30th, 2011
Dr thorne has been my doctor for 20 years. He diagnosed my cevical cancer within a week and even followed up by sending me a pathology results circled when I did not make the follow up appointment right away. He saved my life and has always been not only a knowledgeable doctor but a great comfort. He saved my life I will always be greatful

August 24th, 2011
Coming to New Hampton, Iowa
Dr. Thorn will be employed by Mercy Medical in Mason City and will be seeing his patients at Mercy Medical- New Hampton. I don't think he has started yet.

July 11th, 2011
Dr. Thorn is STILL Practicing!
Dr. Thorn is the best OB/GYN's I have ever dealt with, and I was very unhappy to hear that he left the clinic. There are not many that are skilled enough to handle high-risk pregnancies, and even less that really want to put the time and effort into dealing with women who need a little more attention and care than others. I am so disappointed in Albert Lea's decision that I will not be returning.Dr. Thorn has moved his practice to Mason City, so for those lucky enough to be able to follow him; GO!!!If it wasn't 80+ miles just ONE way for me, you can bet I'd be there in a heart beat. Also, my insurance won't cover me outside of MN.I am so disgusted with Albert Lea's inability to work with and retain a doctor who has given his skill, heart, time, and donations to their clinic, not to mention many, many happy women who delivered their babies safely thanks to him, including many who are high risk.

June 1st, 2011
Dr. Thorn will be greatly missed. I don't know what the issue was between him and ALMC, but I am disappointed that ALMC couldn't figure out how to hold on to this gem of a doctor. He helped us through a very difficult time, and I had hoped he'd be around to help us now that we are close to delivering a healthy baby (and he promised after our miscarriage that we'd be back soon with a happy ending, he appears to be right). I have never heard anything but rave reviews about him- whatever clinic gets him will be blessed. ALMC, you've got your work cut out for you- don't let us down!

May 10th, 2011
Was blessed to have had him as my Dr. for the last 5 years. Informed today that he is no longer with ALMC. It is a sad sad day for that facility. I hope he finds somewhere else to practice as he has so many patients that love him!