Dr. Stephen Torpy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

February 18th, 2016
Highly recommend Dr Torpy. Staff was wonderful and care has been exceptional.

August 5th, 2015
Terrible
I would NOT recommend this doctor at all for any vein surgery! The staff is not friendly. I should have known when I initially showed up the receptionist was really rude and upset that I brought my 2 kids with me for the consultation. I was not going to return but thought this is what they specialize in so he should be the best. Dr. Torpy's wife is one of the people who helps you and she is very rude. The main helper is always cracking jokes and its a little uncomfortable. I had one leg that was really bad (large veins), and the other leg was not quite as bad but I was told that both should be done. They did not give me the necessary information needed to anticipate what was going to happen during the process. I had no idea the pain involved. I also did not get much information for my recovery. Thank goodness for the internet. It was an extremely painful recovery. They left a large bruise on one leg that no one has ever seen before and has no idea how to address and my other leg that was not that bad is partially numb and I was told that I would never get that feeling back. During the procedure they shove tubes down your veins to numb and got mad at me for complaining of discomfort only for them to realize the tube was stuck. They are not what I had imagined a doctor who specializes in veins would be. Find another doctor. Please! You will be much better off. Learn from my mistakes.

June 11th, 2015
Great experience!
I've enjoyed the visits I've had with Dr Torpy and his staff. I've never felt rushed and Dr Torpy's bedside manner is fantastic. I've been made to feel comfortable and well informed.

April 13th, 2014
Disappointed
I would not recommend to any friends or family