Dr. Stephen Tower MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Anchorage, AK

• Good
  • Bad

December 27th, 2016
I do not trust Dr. Tower.
I do not trust Dr. Towers for the following reasons: he did not fully explain his diagnosis, in addition to misdiagnosing my problem; he did not give me any options other than the major surgery he was proposing; neither he nor his staff did anything to put me at ease. I felt that he did not have my best interest in mind. I felt that he just wanted to get me on the operating table to further his scientific research. When I questioned him about my MRI and X-rays, his response was unsatisfactory and did not make sense, so I feel that he misdiagnosed my problem. He also called me names. I would not recommend him as a doctor. In my opinion he is not a good doctor. I went to another surgeon to have the problem taken care of and now it’s fixed.

October 31st, 2015
Best Orthopedic Doctor In Alaska
One of the funniest things about Dr. Tower is that he is incredibly tall, skinny, and has these huge hands that should be on a guy like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone. Huge hands on a overgrown skinny guy. I am what he called a Blueprint Patient [in other words I am a patient where other doctors scratch their heads and said they couldn't do anything, until Dr. Tower came into play]. I was a young kid in a village in Alaska, bullied everyday for being tall, falling everyday, always fixing splints, and for being the daughter of two tall parents. My father was 6 foot 2 at his peak, and my mother was 5 foot 11 at her peak. My ankles had been bad ever since I was 5, I was 3 feet tall at age of 2, and continued to both taller and falling even more when I became a teenager. I fell down 19 steps in my own house when I was 14 to the point where my left foot was almost completely backwards. I found out the next morning that I was not only done growing, but there was someone who could look at all of my medical history [which didn't fit in the door slot at the doctor's office]. I saw Dr. Tower, and he spent what was a 15 minute appointment into 2 hours of figuring out what exactly he wanted to do to my ankles. He cut off my heel bone, slid it laterally, then screwed it back in with a hollowed out screw that was 2 to 3 inches long, released the calf muscle at the back of my leg, and used cadaver tendons on the tendon that was so badly injured that it looked like chewing gum. It has been a huge success in my life, and it has given me a new prospective in life. I can't thank Dr. Tower enough for giving me something that seems so minor in the way that everyone has used in one way or another to me. I never could walk normally since I was a child, and he gave me something that can make it as close to normal as anyone could get.

July 10th, 2015
Hip replacement
Had a great experience with Dr Tower. Felt very at ease and very confident with Dr Tower.

February 18th, 2014
Superb surgeon from the first visit, the diagnosis, throughout the surgical process, and of course.. the very important aftercare.
Bedside manner is important to me. Dr. Tower excels in this area. It feels good knowing that I'm able to contact him with my questions, comments and concerns. Having a caring physician not only before the surgery - but during the aftercare - is vital.

April 12th, 2016