Dr. Stephen Tuel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 4th, 2016
Seems to care about my pain. Tried different methods to find out what's wrong. Gives me the medication I want and need. Not a bad pain doctor if you have a legit issue with pain. I give him an A

October 25th, 2014
Not Impressed
I have multilevel degenerative disc disease at variousness levels off my back. All of my lumbar discs are significantly degenerated. I also have facet joint arthritis and spinal stenosis which contribute to a great deal of pain especially in my right lower back and down the right leg (sciatica) I began to tell him my story as he asked, as to when my DDD first started effecting me. He never smiled or asked any questions about experiences with other docs, meds, lifestyle( diet,exercise, supplements). He did the standard strength tests and said "ok, put your clothes on I'll be right back". He comes back in with an Rx for Neurontin/Gabapentin. I knew that was for nerve pain and he confirmed this wen he said to take it for my sciatica. I explained that while the sciatica was by no means pleasant and that I thought it would help for sciatica, that I was there for my back pain. I did not want to ask for pain meds but I assumed I would at least get a light , low quantity dose of a weaker opiate. I asked for something along those lines and told him he could cAll me in any time for med counts or urine samples but he said no. I asked what I should do for my back and he just said, "Take an NSAID." Really? I've been on every OTC medicine and herb for pain known to man, with much it documented by the partner in his practice who referred me. I guess he assumed I was a pill junkie. I understand that docs are under pressure to not over prescribe these types of meds but when a legit patient shows up with a 1 month old MRI report stating all I said before, you would think I would get treated with more respect, compassion, and understanding. So, today he is sitting at home feeling great that he is not in trouble with the FDA and I'm lying on a heating pad, hanging upside down on an inversion table, and trying not to destroy my liver and/ or kidneys with Advil or Tylenol and none of it is helping me. So would I go see this guy? Not unless you enjoy being treated with indifference, impatience, and you love your back to hurt all for a $50 copay.

October 18th, 2014
To tell you the truth I seen Dr. Tuel and I thought him and his nurse Mrs. Sherry were very helpful with my back problems. I would recommend Dr. Tuel to anyone that is going to him for a real pain issue and isn't trying to get meds that aren't needed. I've found out people that say rude things about Doctors on these review sites are only mad cause they didn't give them what they wanted. To be honest pain meds should be the last resort. To the person who bad mouthed Dr..Tue. Have u ever took into consideration that he's got a lot of experience in pain management he sees how pain meds can do more harm than good on certain issues and maybe he's actually a very caring responsible doctor. Try taking time to think about what's really going on before you bad mouth someone career they've worked really hard to establish. Thank you Dr. Tuel for being such a good doctor.

April 26th, 2014
Awful
He is terrible,laughs in your face about need for pain meds finds it funny doesnt want to help you at all.His way of thinking is the only way.Worst dr ive ever seen tried him again 2 years after first time big mistake.Going to have to get rid of him quick,he doesnt care if u suffer.Dont see this guy anyone.STAY AWAY......