Dr. Stephen Vobach MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 20th, 2016
I finally found a doctor who listened to me.
I was referred to Dr. Stephen Vobach around 8 years ago. Before having seen Dr. Val back, I was diagnosed with everything in the book. Said diagnoses were incorrect, and I knew it. I was not heard. At one point, I was prescribed nine or 10 medications for issues that I do not have. I have had chronic anxiety since the age of 13. Period. In less than two months I will be 44 years old. I finally found a doctor that listened to me, did not over-prescribe medication to me, and helped my anxiety. I have recommended him to several of my friends, all of whom are extremely happy that I did so. I cannot recommend Dr. Vobach highly enough. He helped me. He listens to me. He is kind and genuine. Again, I cannot recommend him highly enough. Thank you, Dr. Vobach.

June 13th, 2016
Excellent

January 6th, 2016
I have seen the best psychiatrist's in Dallas, TX over the years, yet Dr. Vobach is the FIRST psychiatrist to diagnose and treat my bipolar disorder. It has changed my life. I enjoy life now, after 57 years of mania and depression

June 11th, 2015
Been seeing Dr for 8 yrs. has helped me through a lot!!!

March 9th, 2014
bad buisness practices/ scheduling problems
My wife Susan went to this Doctor, he did nothing at all to help her out. The only thing he did was put her on medications, not very good follow up. When you cancel or make appointments, they are not computerized, only hand written in a ledger. They make mistakes, and do not admitt to them, they have messed up billing as well. Sent us a letter telling us they would no longer see Susan, and that we owed them nothing more. Then recently was sent a bill, telling we still owed them money. Not very good buisness practices. If you go beware.

September 5th, 2012
Love this doctor!
I took my grandmother to Dr. Vobach for years for severe anxiety, depression, and dementia. One of the few doctors who treated her with respect and compassion AND respected the role of both autonomy and of caregivers. A very rare quality!He knew his meds well and I trusted him fully. I do think he could have been more open regarding informed consent as, for example, he did not explain what would happen if we chose to put Grandmother in the hospital for regulating her psychiatric meds and that lack of knowledge created a very bad situation. He did go out of his way in the middle of the night to address it once the situation occurred. He was ethical and respectful, but a little more openness on what to expect up front would have kept it from happening. He was always delightful and compassionate. I respected that he was focused on giving her the best quality of life which included maintaining the right combo of meds to keep her both active and treated. No zombie-Grandma or write-off because of her age. I continued to drive her to Dr. Vobach long after she entered a nursing home and only stopped because of her inability to get out and about. I so miss the care he gave her.

July 8th, 2012
The only Psychiatrist that's cared
The best ever! Stuck through my worst of times, very sensitive to meds and didn't give up on me unlike others in my past. Has gotten me through my ups and downs never gave up and found me the absolute best therapist. My angel has saved me many times from myself, always there when I need him!

September 6th, 2011
Wonderful Doc
Dr. Vobach is very easy to talk with, compassionate, professional, and helpful. I trust his clinical judgment, and I've trusted him to deliver excellent care to my mother-in-law when she was struggling with depression and dementia. He is gentle, yet thorough in assessing her, and both of us felt comfortable with his care. My mother-in-law's depression has lifted, and her dementia hasn't worsened, so I feel Dr. Vobach has contributed to a greater quality of life for her remaining years.

June 25th, 2011
A safe harbor-
I was upset over some confrontations with several people in 3 different areas of my life. I knew that when I walked into Dr. V's office that I would find calmness and caring smiles from the front office and I'd find a kind, welcoming counselor in Dr. V. They are on your side, not opposing you, which is so comforting like a warm blanket. I've been his patient for 8 years and am so glad I found him.

March 4th, 2010
I like Dr. V
Rusty his administrative assistant is AWESOME!! She is really nice. It took a while to get the first appointment because Dr. V is in high demand. He helps evaluate potential transplant patients. The office is clean and welcoming. Also is quiet. Dr. V is very nice and has a good personality. After my first appointment all the rest have been super easy to schedule. I have been seeing him for a year. I like him. Would totally recomend him to friends.

November 6th, 2009
I was an inpatient when I seen Dr. Vobach he didn't discuss the reason for him visiting me. I felt uncomfortable with him and also, talking to him. On other visits he never discussed the reason for him being there. Before, my discharge he never spoke to me again. I feel if I was under his care I should have at least spoken with him before discharge.

October 14th, 2009
Made me feel like he had other more important things to do. MY PORBLEMS are important, too.