Psychiatrist
9101 N Central Expy
Ste 590
Dallas, TX 75231
214-824-2273
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  bad buisness practices/ scheduling problems  |  show details
by susan brooks on Mar 9th, 2014

My wife Susan went to this Doctor, he did nothing at all to help her out. The only thing he did was put her on medications, not very good follow up. When you cancel or make appointments, they are not computerized, only hand written in a ledger. They make mistakes, and do not admitt to them, they have messed up billing as well. Sent us a letter telling us they would no longer see Susan, and that we owed them nothing more. Then recently was sent a bill, telling we still owed them money. Not very good buisness practices. If you go beware.

Jan 19th, 2013

Dr. Stephen Vobeck gave the wrong diagnosis on 3/28/2001 to my mother. He said she had Alzehemier's Disease. Come to find out her husband and step daughter were poisoning her. After removing her from where those two could get a hold of her and continue to harm her, she began to improve, and one year from the time she saw Dr. Voback she was deemed mentally competent with no form of dementia whatsoever. I drove from Dallas to Hillsboro to get my mother, drive her back to Dallas to see Dr. Voback, took her back to Hillsboro after his exam then drove back to Dallas, all because I was told he was THE BEST. Well, He messed up with my Mom.

|  Love this doctor!  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2012

I took my grandmother to Dr. Vobach for years for severe anxiety, depression, and dementia. One of the few doctors who treated her with respect and compassion AND respected the role of both autonomy and of caregivers. A very rare quality!He knew his meds well and I trusted him fully. I do think he could have been more open regarding informed consent as, for example, he did not explain what would happen if we chose to put Grandmother in the hospital for regulating her psychiatric meds and that lack of knowledge created a very bad situation. He did go out of his way in the middle of the night to address it once the situation occurred. He was ethical and respectful, but a little more openness on what to expect up front would have kept it from happening. He was always delightful and compassionate. I respected that he was focused on giving her the best quality of life which included maintaining the right combo of meds to keep her both active and treated. No zombie-Grandma or write-off because of her age. I continued to drive her to Dr. Vobach long after she entered a nursing home and only stopped because of her inability to get out and about. I so miss the care he gave her.

|  The only Psychiatrist that's cared  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2012

The best ever! Stuck through my worst of times, very sensitive to meds and didn't give up on me unlike others in my past. Has gotten me through my ups and downs never gave up and found me the absolute best therapist. My angel has saved me many times from myself, always there when I need him!

|  Wonderful Doc  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2011

Dr. Vobach is very easy to talk with, compassionate, professional, and helpful. I trust his clinical judgment, and I've trusted him to deliver excellent care to my mother-in-law when she was struggling with depression and dementia. He is gentle, yet thorough in assessing her, and both of us felt comfortable with his care. My mother-in-law's depression has lifted, and her dementia hasn't worsened, so I feel Dr. Vobach has contributed to a greater quality of life for her remaining years.

|  A safe harbor-  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2011

I was upset over some confrontations with several people in 3 different areas of my life. I knew that when I walked into Dr. V's office that I would find calmness and caring smiles from the front office and I'd find a kind, welcoming counselor in Dr. V. They are on your side, not opposing you, which is so comforting like a warm blanket. I've been his patient for 8 years and am so glad I found him.

|  The Best  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2010

The Best describes both Rusty at the front desk and Dr. Vobach. I've seen several doctors to monitor my lithium and Dr. Vobach knows more than all of them combined.Not only does Rusty make patients feel comfortable and cared for, she also has a great sense of humor ...yes, a sense of humor in a psychiatrist's office. I think it is essential.Dr. Vobach and Rusty both obviously care about the patients. I can ask Dr. Vobach anything and he always listens. He's outstanding at monitoring psychiatric drugs and heart medicines (which I have).Sorry this is so long. You can't get better care than this office provides.EBK

|  I like Dr. V  |  show details
by Amy H on Mar 4th, 2010

Rusty his administrative assistant is AWESOME!! She is really nice. It took a while to get the first appointment because Dr. V is in high demand. He helps evaluate potential transplant patients. The office is clean and welcoming. Also is quiet. Dr. V is very nice and has a good personality. After my first appointment all the rest have been super easy to schedule. I have been seeing him for a year. I like him. Would totally recomend him to friends.

Nov 6th, 2009

I was an inpatient when I seen Dr. Vobach he didn't discuss the reason for him visiting me. I felt uncomfortable with him and also, talking to him. On other visits he never discussed the reason for him being there. Before, my discharge he never spoke to me again. I feel if I was under his care I should have at least spoken with him before discharge.

Oct 14th, 2009

Made me feel like he had other more important things to do. MY PORBLEMS are important, too.

|  Unethical doctor  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2009

I saw this doctor as an inpatient, so I can't comment on his outpatient office. I do know that he behaved unethically and dishonestly when he refused to help me and in fact, discharged me without telling me. That is something a doctor of any stature and integrity should never do, especially without making satisfactory arrangements for an unstable patient. It was only by the intercession of the hospital chaplain that my own medications were returned to me.