Dr. Stephen Waggoner MD Patient Reviews

2.9
  • 18 reviews

September 8th, 2016
His treatment was exceptional and he seems to really care about helping you to feel better and goes out of his way to find answers.

August 18th, 2016
Disappointed
I have waited for 2 months to hopefully find answers and wouldn't even speak to me about my problem.

February 8th, 2016
My mother has been a patient of Dr. Waggoner's for several years. She has had 3 surgeries by him. She had a total hip replacement and 2 back surgeries and has always been pleased with her outcomes and sings his praises..

August 13th, 2015
Review for Dr. Stephen Waggoner
I was referred by my personal doctor to Dr. Waggoner for total knee replacement. It was a great success and has changed my life! Dr. Waggoner is very skilled and I checked with nurses and staff who had worked with him in the O.R. before I decided to have the operation. Dr. Waggoner and his assistant, Sarah took excellent care of me....everyone at the Methodist North Total Joint Center were wonderful. I am a year and five months post op and am pain free, working out at the YMCA, gardening, walking my dog and just enjoying my life. THANK YOU DR. WAGGONER!!!!

February 12th, 2015
Working with me
I have seen Dr. Waggoner for at least three years. I went to him on the recommendation of my cardiologist. Other Dr. wanted to do a knee replacement at that time. Dr. Waggoner said he didn't think it was necessary at that time and he was right. Nice to find someone who will work with you and not to want to cut on you right away.

September 3rd, 2014
Great Dr.
I have been going to him since 1999, had numerous surgeries, and he has always been kind and compassionate"

May 26th, 2014
The worst Dr. I've ever experience in my life.

May 7th, 2013
healthcare provider
I really wish I had know about this website before attending my mother's appointment with Dr. Waggoner. I am a healthcare provider and I have worked with ALOT of physicians in my years, and I have never experienced an attitude so abrupt, so degrading. My mother went to him as a referral expecting to discuss knee replacement surgery....we left with a couple rxs and the advise that she should loose weight,,,and get insurance. Obviously he does not want to assist those patients that need other assistant programs due to their inability to pay for independent medical insurance (even though he has signed up to be a physician in the program himself). He had a terrible attitude the minute he walked in the room, did not assist my mother in climbing onto the exam table, told my mother what she needed to do, and left in approximately 7 minutes. I understand everyone is hashing about his attitude and bedside manner, but the main reason people become physicians is to help others and to show a little bit of empathy while they help others. This physician, Dr. Stephen Waggoner, I assure you, did NOT do either of those things!

October 6th, 2012
This doctor has a very poor attitude and didn't appear to care about my feelings or my care. His bedside manner is very poor and it seems it's all about the money for him. He always recommends surgery but didn't give enough information to justify it. He diagnosed me with severe back and hand conditions but couldn't recommend that I go out on disability when the records showed I was severely incapacitated. He is prejudiced and I can tell. I wouldn't recommend that he take care of a dog.

May 6th, 2012
I've been seeing Dr. Waggoner for several months now for lower back pain which is going to require surgery. On my first visit he was willing to answer questions, explain the nature of my problem and offer temporary alternatives. I've read the other reviews and know that out of ALL the patients he sees 12 out of 14 reviews were not good but probably so many others are well pleased as I have been so far. I will go forward with the surgery in the fall and trust Dr. Waggoner completely. So what if he sort of lacks people skills. It's how he corrects your problem that matters. I didn't see a real definitive comment on how those that complained about his bed-side manner recovered from whatever problem that brought them to see this dr. Everyone seems to just be hung up on his people skills. I like him just fine.

April 17th, 2012
lazy, dosent care what you have to say, thinks hes better then you kind of attitude, i had to try and interupt him five times before i could get a word in he didnt ask me what was wrong how i was feeling. i walked in he said pain rating i said 8 1/2 and he said ok heres some medicine and gave me a follow up date and i tried to stop him to talk to him but he didnt listen and walked out. this has happened the past 3 times ive visited him.

March 29th, 2012
Dr.Waggoner has been great with me. Very professional, good on diagnosing the problem, and getting me in, and fixing the problem,and well, and on my way!Great Dr. and great staff!!!!