Overall Review

3.3

December 29th, 2013
I went for my annual physical, which under my insurance plan was a no-cost wellness visit. I was then surprised to receive an invoice for a second visit, charged simultaneously, for sinus congestion. This was outrageous considering I mentioned....merely mentioned I was a little stuffed...and we NEVER discuss my having a cold during the visit. The billing office refused to dismiss the charges and I paid the co-payment, only because they threatened sending it to collections. I then had to file a complaint with the NYS Attorney General's office which finally resulted in a refund. I have to change my PCP doctor because of my new insurance, but I am not at all sorry! I would have changed anyway.

December 17th, 2013
Happy with Dr. Waxman
Dr. Waxman has been my primary care physician for many years. I trust him and feel lucky to have his services.

November 27th, 2013
No, No, No!!!
I've been seeing him for 6 or 7 years, and all this time I could have been seeing expert Internists. He is very condescending and thinks he knows your body more than you do. On the several occasions I told him I was in pain, he totally dismissed me. I'm so happy I'm changing doctors!! Follow up: What a laugh!!! The only thing he's good for is getting referrals for other doctors, and a flu shot.

October 5th, 2011
I trust him, and that is what matters most
Dr. Waxman will put you in your place about your health. He may come across as one reviewer noted as "condescending" but it depends on how you want to receive his comments. I find him to be extremely straightforward and sincere. As far as "spending time", he allots the appropriate amount of time for each visit I have had with additional time in his office afterwards to chat. I have been a patient of Dr. Waxman's for approx 7 years now and I highly recommend him.

May 12th, 2011
This was my first visit to Dr. waxman, I went because of recent stomach issues. The exam itself was fine, it is what occurred today that is troubling. I was given a medication to try and after an hour of my first dose my entire face was tingling and numb, I was dizzy, lightheaded and obviously freaked out. I called my husband at work, crying, so he could come home to care for our 2 year old, I couldn't stand up. I called the office and explained my issues and asked if maybe I needed a lower dose or an alternative. A nurse called me back and promptly told me the side effects I was experiencing had nothing to do with the medication, when I objected and reiterated how awful I felt she reminded me they were a doctors office, they know what they are talking about. I hung up the phone feeling defeated and with no sound advice.It has taken me 14 hours to feel somewhat normal, I cannot comprehend the irresponsibility of Dr Waxman. Even if my test results warrant another visit I will not be returning to this practice.

December 2nd, 2010
Does not respect patient or other Doctors Opinions
I have lived in my body a long time. On 4 occasions Waxman failed to prescribe proper medication and I was forced to go to a specialist or other doctor for care. This includes sinus infections, eye infection, bladder infection, and muscle/back pain. He dismisses your own experience in what works for you and has been effective in the past. He is also very condescending. Choose someone else.