A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Wheat:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Wheat is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Wheat, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Wheat graduated from Louisiana State University at Shreveport. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Wheat has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Natchitoches Parish Hospital
- Willis Knighton Medical Center
- Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wheat accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 3 plans
- Humana - 15 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans