A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Wohlgemuth:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Wohlgemuth is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Wohlgemuth, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Colorectal Surgery
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Stomach Stapling (Gastroplasty)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Wohlgemuth graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Wohlgemuth has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wohlgemuth accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Sentara Health Plans - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen D. Wohlgemuth practice?
Dr. Stephen Wohlgemuth practices Surgery near Chesapeake, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Norfolk, VA and Virginia Beach, VA.
See Chesapeake Surgeons.