Dr. Stephen Wood DO Patient Reviews

• Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Largo, FL

3.9

September 19th, 2016
Horrible, Unethical, Lied, Cheated, Fraud, The Worst doctor ever!!!
He is greedy, unethical, overcharges patients for the injections that he didn't do. He & his staff are very unprofessional, rude, abusive, uneducated, unfit to be in the medical profession, very insulting. Dr. Wood has 2 board actions against him in 2006 & 2011. He never cares about his patients. He used Hyalgan (5 visits) instead of Euflexxa (3 visits) even though he knew that Euflexxa worked for his patients BEFORE but he refused to use Euflexxa so he could charge patients more money for him!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, STAY AWAY FROM HIM !!!

December 22nd, 2015
Botched hip replacement! Horrible!
Dr. Wood is terrible! After a total hip replacement, I've been rendered disabled in my early 50's after a career in pharmaceuticals! I've had severe pain and a terrible limp since! I had to wait 2 yrs. to get Medicare because I'm so young. So, I went to a hip specialist today & upon reviewing my xrays, he informed me that Dr. Wood had broken off a major piece of my pelvic bone! I kept telling Dr. Wood during post op visits that something was wrong, but, of course they denied it & said xrays looked good! Now I need to find an attorney!

December 14th, 2013
BEWARE!
I had been in a nursing home following surgery and made an appointment to see Dr. Wood for a follow-up on the recommendation of my primary care. I suffer from erosive arthritis, and Dr. Wood’s failure to listen to any background in my case or to even partially assess my situation was appalling. Dr. Wood’s diagnosis was made simply by asking questions and never even through any physical exam or test of reflexes. I was in absolute agony, and he decided to give me a cortisone injection as I sat in my wheelchair, which was totally appropriate in any situation. After consulting with other physicians when the shot was entirely ineffective, I realized that Dr. Wood’s failure to use image-guidance from either fluoroscopy or any scanning device was totally inappropriate for any orthopedic surgeon, regardless of his degree of expertise. Statistically, the success rate for even the most skilled orthopedic surgeons who fail to use real-time imaging is no greater than 20% to 30%. After the injection, which did in fact numb my derrière for approximately 2 hours because of the lidocaine used, the pain that I was suffering from upon entering his office was just as intense as it had been. When questioned what I was to do next, Dr. Wood simply told me to return to physical therapy, which I subsequently discovered was far from the proper action to take. I have now had an MRI done, and the results proved that Dr. Wood’s assessment was so far off that I am now seeing a neurosurgeon to properly treat my condition in a manner that any true professional would have seen as appropriate. His apparent goal is not to treat patients with medical expertise but rather to acquire the money that insurance companies pay to anyone who can get a medical license. Dr. Wood was by far the most inept, cold, and disrespectful physician who I have ever had, and I would never recommend that anyone consider him for any type of medical care.

September 5th, 2013
Never Again
In May 2011 I was in a car accident. I noticed I was having trouble with my right leg. I made an appointment and on the first appt. he diagnosed a fractured collar bone (that a hospital in Largo missed) but told me my knee was fine. I went ahead and got an MRI done returned to him and as he looked at the MRI he could see all the damage done. I had my ACL reconstructed and then a month later I developed septic arthritis and underwent surgery again where the knee was cleaned out and a drainage tube was inserted. I know the septic arthritis was not his fault but the morning that the tube was removed I started bleeding uncontrollably,the idiot doctor working under Dr. Wood waited for an hour for doctor Wood to get there. It didn't help when he told me not to worry that I wasn't going to bleed out.I had to have two units of blood that day. I would never ever go back to him.

February 16th, 2013
Prompt, efficient, skilled
Suncoast Orthopedics is Dr. Wood's practice. We have never had more prompt service at a medical clinic. His diagnoses and explanations are clear and direct, delivered pleasantly and with understanding. Our surgery was scheduled promptly, once we made our decision, and at a convenient and efficient surgical center. No un-needed tests or imaging were used, and the follow-up therapy was doable at home. We couldn't have asked for better treatment.

December 18th, 2011
Endless appointments, no records
Makes endless appointments to measure your range of motion, never provides anything of use. He suggested surgery several times, but when I went to retrieve my records to bring them to a doctor I did not have to drive an hour to see (and was charged per page for my records) I found that NOTHING was written. My X-Rays, MRI's, and his surgery suggestions were nowhere to be found in the records. What was the point of the dozens of visits? I had to pay to get several of the same tests again later at my next doctor. This is just a sinkhole for insurance money, don't bother.

November 8th, 2011
Excellence in sports medicine
Dr. Wood is an excellent physician in the field of sports medicine. His thorough diagnosis of yourproblem is far above the norm. He is courteous,knowledgable, and a true professional in hisfield. I have seen other physicians concerningmy knee issues, without results. Dr. Ward accom-plished positive results after two visits and oneoutpatient operation.

August 2nd, 2011
The Best
Surgery went better then expected. Recovery an followups where right on time. The whole office brought a homey yet professional approach to all my visits. Dr. Wood is well respected by all the hospital staff and is well thought of in the community.

January 31st, 2011
Terrible for New Patients!
I had an appointment for this doctor, but when I arrived they said it was not for another week. Since, I tend to believe my wife would not have me fly from New York and miss a days wages unless she was sure it was for the correct day, I was upset that they would not fit me in. Instead they insisted that I come back in a week. The only response I got when I explained I could not come back was, "Sorry for the inconvenience!" My work only allows for me to be home once a month on a weekend which includes Fridays. Unfortunately, this doctor is not accomodating. If your sick on Fridays, or need special arrangements made, do not see this doctor!

February 20th, 2010
surgical patient
Dr.Wood did my emergency surgery after severely fracturing my femur.Not only didhe do a great job,but nurses commented on how neatly done my 12 inch scar was.They could tell without looking at my chart is was Dr.Wood's work.

January 6th, 2010
Great doctor and staff! Always willing to answer any questions and explains everything in lamans terms. I've already recommended 3 people and they agree with everything I've said.

March 25th, 2009
Excellent Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Wood is a real straight-shooter. Gets right to the problem and the treatment options. Very informative.