Dr. Stephen Yavelow MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 7 reviews

August 9th, 2016
did as expected and hoped!
Dr. Steven Yavellow preformed 3 surgeries on my daughter from age 3-5 for tubes in ears and to remove adnoise (sp?) no problems! few yrs later he did surgery to remove a growth in my fathers throat again no problems. All these were done in the early to mid 1990's

March 6th, 2015
Don't Get Scammed By This Office
The staff is rude and they're running a scam in this office. They insist on making additional appointments 3 months out. When you object they assure you they will call with a reminder and then "conveniently" forget to call you. You then receive a bill saying you owe $50 for a missed appointment as they have you sign a form saying you'll pay for any missed appointments when you fill out the initial paperwork. The form should state if you miss any "legitimate" appointment. I'd love to hear from any other patients who have been scammed. I've reported this scam to the SA office and an investigation has been opened. If you've been scammed by this office please let everyone know.

October 9th, 2014
Very professional, office staff nice as well,I would recommend to family and friends

September 5th, 2012
I would not go back to Dr. Stephen L Yavelow
Unfriendly bedside manner, impersonal, in a hurry to leave the exam room, was not helpful in explaining or looking for reasons for my symptoms, I had the feeling he thought I was a hypochondriac, didn't seem interested in me or my condition at all. I would never go back.

June 22nd, 2012
Very qualified and professional
Dr. Yavelow has been my ENT for several years for both allergies and a surgery. His skills are excellent, his office is wonderful and I have no complaints. I heard initially that his "besside manner" was brusque and cold but I found him to be pleasant, caring and forthright. I prefer his professionalism to some doctors who sugar coat things.

March 27th, 2012
He was hurried, a poor listener, superficial and cold.

July 21st, 2011
Dr. Yavelow did some needed surgery for me-- follow up has been excellent. HIs staff has been responsive to any phone calls and totally handled everything with my insurance wihtout a problem. This is the second procedure he has done for me; he is a superior surgeon. I don't expect him to be my mom or my counselor-- he is a great doctor and listens to concerns and responds to them.