Dr. Steve Chang MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

February 8th, 2016
Finding a different doc....
Dr. Chang was recommended by a friend, but I am not going back after my second visit. Looking back, it's pretty obvious why I can get in whenever I want, and there's never anyone else in the waiting room. He's non-communicative and impersonal. I guess that's ok if you are someone who likes to stick their head in the sand and not know what's going on with you, but if you want to be healthy, it's not how you want to be treated. During my new patient visit, he marked me down as having "fatigue and malaise" which I never mentioned. This caused me to be charged for having an "illness checkup", and they refused to adjust it when I asked about it. Second time I visited with severe migraine symptoms. He didn't ask any questions about my head, and didn't say ANYTHING other than I'm giving you high blood pressure medicine because you have a high BP reading. He gave me an order for blood tests and sent me on my way. Didn't diagnose the migraines at all. I immediately went to a different doctor and will not be going back to Dr. Chang.
Doctor's Response

I'm sorry you don't feel that you received adequate service. My staff is more than willing to help with billing issues if/when they would arise. I'm also sorry you don't feel as though your headache was addressed. I assure you that when you were seen your BP must have been was very high which would cause headaches and why you were given medication to lower it. If there were more concerns they were not brought to my attention, which they should've been so they could be addressed.

October 18th, 2015
Find a different MD
Was indifferent to my elderly relative. Barely looked at her during the visit. Instructed her to draw a clock with the hour and minute hand in a certain position even though he knew she was blind (as a test for dementia). She couldn't complete the task and was very flustered. It broke my heart to watch her attempt to do this with her head on the table trying to see the paper. 3 weeks later he has yet to order the generic form of a med denied by insurance. He also ordered a refill of a med that requires a blood draw to determine if the dosage is correct. He said that it could be done at the facility where she resides, but then he never ordered it. I have never experienced such poor follow-up. I have already found another MD.

February 12th, 2013
I walked in. The room was teeming with professonalism. How this doctor is not an interior designer? I have no idea. The diagnosis, spot on. Recommend this doctor with all the cancerious cells in my heart.

April 29th, 2012
Not recommended
I would never recommend this MD. Would not not not not!

February 20th, 2017