Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist

North Scottsdale
7320 E Deer Vly
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
480-502-0250
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Artist Christian Wife Mum Grand Mom  |  show details
by Linda A Chartier on Mar 6th, 2014

Dr. Fanto, IS A VERY SMART and Careful,Caring Physician…. I have seen many,and have had many modalities to relieve the pain I endure daily Because of his Skill, and Kindness, he is one of the Most memorable, helpful Physicians I have ever personally been seen by, as well as treated by . I Honestly need him NOW….. he is Not here in NJ, and I no Longer Live in Arizona. He always Listened, He gave me trigger injections,and I swear that HIS was THE ONLY ONES that "actually worked, and I Truly Trust his Judgement" when I was a patient, He had to Collaborate with another of my Drs' a Dr Cohen…… all I can say about that Dr, Cohen ( in my personal Opinion) and IN MY OWN EXPERIENCE…. and as a Christian,with out being Hateful, IF my Insurance would have,allowed my INPUT to be USED….. as well as tell my all the facts about what care I received and why why not... and THE FACT FOR MY CARE ,DR FANTO, was a superior, SMART, and HE SHOULD BE IN CHARGE of the TMJ DEPARTmENt for CIGNA……. or at LEAST BE THE LIASON ,Advocate for the PATIENT…… DR COHEN was made(I believe the Chief of that DEPT) and HIS in-COHESIVE APPROACH to my CARE,with my doctors…was at the very simplest of verbiage" Dammaging" OH How I WISH DR FANTO was here in NJ to help me, DR FANTO" HELP! Not one of the Primary care Physicians at CIGNA, in phoenix Arizona... explained to me what is wrong with my LUMBaR SPINE" I have notes now,and I see things were made urgent but I NEVER KNEW" Dr FANTO WAS not my doctor yet,I say this cause…… I MUST EXPLAIN to ANYONE suffering…. TRUST YOUR GUT- stay away from anyone that PROMISES YOU something FOR SURE, as soon ,(but too late) soon you will notice the GOOD FROM THE BAD…..if you explain How many symptoms you have' on the PAPER WORK" if your like me' you'll have a plethora of them' and BE DEEMED A hypochondriac ….. DR FANTO NEVER MADE ME FEEL like this, HE WAS SO straight forward, and NEVER BAd mouthed anyone! HE HAS INTEGRITY… he discovered I have a mag ' deficiency… and my husband had to inject into my bottom this mineral, WELL 15 years LATER….. if you read this Dr. S. Fanto I have SJOGRENS SYNDROME, a HERNIA, HYPO THYROID, my hypoglcymia is now DIABETIES,and IM ON NEXIUM DAILY' 40 mg 2X's A DAY! I feel like dropping. MY BODY IS cramping,and hands shake intermittently…. My LUNGS are scarred,and I am on high dose of INHALED STERIODS…. Plus on DIOVAN-NORVASK- synthroid,and others….. WHAT SHOULD I TELL MY primary physician here in NJ about the Mag injection ? SHE IS VERY SMART… … THANK Goodness ..she recognized my symptoms, before even a drop of blood drawn,.. years before staring as her patient,I saw one doctor, for 6 years' it was awful! out so desperation,no one offering me help' all I got was pills,and kick out door' linda,thats a simple cyst and your thymus 'its a archaic organ we don't use anymore from cave man time!!! well have to investigate' time after time i hand carried paper print outs of my lesions-lymph nodes-or hemangioma plus other things I know are not explained EVER! 2009- here in NJ I self PAID A DR,Laurie G her requested fee, outside of anyones input, CASH, in desperation…. To get a unbiassed opinion, about my spine pain, SHE WAS IN freehold nj,and wrote a nasty letter ,informed insurance,despite agreeing it would be a private encounter.also I AM TOLD HEMANGIOMA AT T-8 will not cause pain…. why would my skin be weirdly sore? on upper right hand quadrant back. The skin upper right hand back is numb and itchy' and then the skin ,over spine is so Hyper sensitive,and painful like stretching…. I kick my feet in pain. MY R hip is so weak' And other Embarresing symptoms, NOT ONE ORTHO/Physiatrist Like Yourself….. WILL EXPLIAN MY XRAY-MRI CT SCANS with me….. DR FANTO IF YOU READ THIS….. PLEASE respond back, in simple form,and I will then find and call YOU. I swear I WISH YOU WERE HERE, if you will review my films with me,I WILL FLY TO Az. please help me. YOU ARE SO SMArT. knowing is HALF MY BATTLE WELL NOT' KNOWING.. PLEASE WILL YOU SEE ME AND LOOK AT FILMS' PLEASE' THANK YOU , LINDA ANN CHARTIER MATAWAN NJ 07747

|  Excellent Doctor, Compassionate  |  show details
by BM on Feb 27th, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Fanto for about 13 months. He is very kind and compassionate. I was embarrassed about the swelling in my legs from my weight and my knees. Dr Fanto said " that swelling is not normal, it is something else" He was right. I went to the Cardiologist and found out that I have a heart condition that causes swelling in my legs and high blood pressure. It is kind of a serious condition. None of my other doctors, specialists ever even thought of looking into the possibility that my fatness, swollen legs could be anything but that! I thank him for that. I also thank him for keeping my pain under control. I am facing double knee replacement, gallbladder surgery and a hysterectomy. His staff is very kind. I notice when I am waiting to see him that all of his patients look like they are in real pain and he does Not cater to drug seekers. I am thankful for that also. I highly recommend him and his staff. Wonderful doctor, great staff.

|  Terrible  |  show details
by John T. on Jun 4th, 2013

I've been a chronic pain patient for over 4 years now-with the same doctor. Have not had early refills, no bad urine tests, and have been stable with no dosage adjustments for the past year. The only reason, I started to look into this Dr. is because I moved out of state to AZ... So I tried calling Dr. Steve Fanto, MD PC... The middle aged women who answered the phone was rude with her tone. Said that I would have to mail/bring in MRI's and 9mo of office visits... No problem, right? I mean, I can do that... I expected they would need some history on any new patients... But then she said that they would REVIEW them first, then THEY would call ME back to schedule an appointment if they see fit!!!! I'd sure hate to be under this Dr.s care if there should ever be a need for a dosage adjustment! I wonder what they need for that!?? Maybe a 6mo background investigation!!? Avoid! Look elsewhere. Oh, and the "PC" designation after his name just means he gets to pay less taxes, and is required by law to post the "PC" it means Professional Corporation. Not so professional.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2012

Have had 2 unsuccessful back surgeries, and also have a stage 3 variococele above my left testicle ( worst pain ever ) and Dr. Fanto has been an incredible addition to my care & therapy. His bedside manner is impeccable, and he doesn't treat you like a number ( like most pain management docs ), but is more interested in getting to the root of the problem, diagnosing the underlying issues, and treating them with and without medications to live the most pain free life I can. I have been with Dr. Fanto for 1 year now, & after 14 years of living in daily pain ( at only 35 years old now ) he has gotten me as close as I believe I can get to having my pain managed perfectly. I've had a few bumps with med changes due to no insurance and patient assistance programs, & Dr. Fanto has helped me EVERY step of the way. I highly recommend this doctor if you are living with pain.Joshua C.

|  Compassionate and professional...  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

I have been his patient for over a year now.Always cheerful, concerned and knowledgeable. We are blessed to have this TOP DOC in our community.

May 26th, 2011

Dr. Fanto is always very prompt and professional. He has a great rapport with his paient's. I would most definately refer anyone to him.

|  A caring,true professional.Goes the extra mile if pt in need  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2011

Dr Fanto had been a wonderful find for me. As most people who have been living with pain (esp 20 yrs)I had developed Dr phobia,always being treated as a seeker etc. Dr Fanto listens and will work with many different modalities to help.And he has also been a great help standing up for me againt pain descriminators.The only doctor I go to happy!

|  Sunlaker  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2011

Dr Fanto has been my wife's pain management doctor for over 12 years. He provides a carefully controlled program that allows my wife to tolerate the pain her body deals to her. Without him, she would be bedridden; with him she drives and goes on appointments on her own. We owe a lot to Dr Fanto. His staff is trained to redirect patients to the ER in case of emergencies, and that is how it should be.

Mar 14th, 2011

Dr Fanto has been a wonderful caring Dr for the last 3 years. He has always taken the time to listen to me and together we have always worked out the best care for me. He has always put my health and needs first. His staff has always been kind and helpful.

Feb 18th, 2011

Dr.Fanto Is The Most Wonderful Doctor That I Have Ever Been To. He Has Saved My Life & My Family Too! My Husband And Kids Are Very Thankful To Him Also As He Has Brought My Life Back To Them By Making My Life Functional Again!! ~ LSM~

|  Ethics  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2010

Dr.Steve Fanto is a money doctor first just look at his Benz.He has a nursing staff that when you have an emergency yells and makes fun of their patients,plus they are rude.He reminds me of a street drug dealer.

|  FM and More  |  show details
by Sherri B on Aug 28th, 2010

Very informed and upto date and Listens.Super DR

by Mike Marino on Feb 28th, 2010

This doctor as provided me with exceptional care for over 8 years. His office visits are typically 10 to 15 mininutes from the time you sign in to the time you leave. He's a nice person will a great attitude. His primary focus is to make sure the patient is getting the care they need to live their life as pain free as possible.

by Sherri B on Aug 12th, 2009

Great to have a DR greet you with file in hand and really spend time with you.

|  BeckyP  |  show details
by BeckyP on Jun 3rd, 2009

I have a complex medical history and have seen numerous medical professionals within my lifetime. I have been a patient of Dr. Fanto's for over ten years. Dr. Fanto is sincerely my favorite doctor. I find that Dr. Fanto is truly caring and always professional; sometimes adding just a bit of humour as well. Best of wish to all in their search for excellent medical care.

|  great choice  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 23rd, 2007 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Fanto is very knowledgeable in the management of pain. He helps narrow down the specific area of the pain and why you have it. He will t...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com