Dr. Steve Firme Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steve Firme?

Atrocious bedside manner

Posted on September 23rd, 2015

The bedside manner of this doctor is atrocious. He is so condescending and cocky I cannot believe he actually has patients. If you want to be belittled while you are asking questions, this is the doctor to see.

I do not recommend

Posted on June 11th, 2015

This doctor is ok if your child has no medical problems and is otherwise healthy. But if there is arises any condition which requires the use of medical knowledge, this is not the doctor for you. Very limited knowledge in general pediatrics, and he is arrogant when speaking to parents, especially if you ask questions during the office visit.

Not Happy

Posted on October 30th, 2013

I am not happy with the staff at Dr. Firme office ive been taking my kids there since they were born and it is such an awful feeling when you call and the girl that anwsers the phone cant anwser a simple question as to how much flu shots are ? Than began to tell me that the doctor can't give me a price until after he sees my child to determin of she has any dieases ...... Plus the cost of the flu shot !! I don't like how the front office is being ran and the poor communication they have . I do however like Dr Firme . I called today to talk to the head nurse and she did not call me back I waited 6 hours to call back and her responce was they were really busy . Also I have two kids thinking that had a doc appt each in the same week ... Being that both were going to be with me I asked if we can make it a day where the doc can see both kids ... Nope would not do it. The wait time in the rooms were 30-40 mins to wait for the doctor

Find A Real Doctor

Posted on September 6th, 2013

I had been going to Dr. Firmes office for about 2 years. The visit wait time was sometimes long and the doctors exam was always quick. I just never liked how Dr. Firme talked down to people, to his patients, and staff. I have been a mother for 9 years and just because I am younger he would talk to me like I'm some sort of idiot. The staff was always nice, but Dr. Firme should not belittle people. So if you want a compassionate doctor who treats you with respect, do not go here. Plus, he is not that knowledgable, might be because he went to school in a different country, I would definitely look around before choosing this doctor.

Not recommended

Posted on March 18th, 2013

Not the doctor to take your kid to if they are sick or have any type of medical problem. Doesn't seem to be as knowledgeable as one would expect for a doctor with many years of experience.

Not a doctor for special needs children

Posted on March 16th, 2011

After my son was born we chose Dr. Firme for his Pediatrician. BIG MISTAKE! After my son was born we noticed that he was not developing at the same rate as other children. We repeatedly questioned Dr. Firme and he dismissed our concerns and told us it was not unusal for children to develop at different rates. We continued to go back for follow-up visits and around 4 months I started questioning the positioning of his hands and arms. It appeared that he was not able to twist them from his elbow in a normal fashion. Again Dr. Firme dismissed my concerns and said he was fine. At 6 months I brought up the concern about his hands and arms not turning properly and he said that if I was so concerned I could get X-rays but that it would be elective and he did not recommend them. I immediately switched Pediatricians and on my first visit to the new Pediatrician the doctor immediately stated the my child had a physical deformity. The doctor did not even have to do a full examination on my son to recognize that something was wrong. My son has been diagnosised with Radial Synostosis and has to undergo lengthy physical therapy sessions to try to get him able to do simply tasks such as feeding himself. I was also informed that if this would have been diagnosed right after he was born that they might have been able to manipulate the bones into a better position that would allow him to be able to do more with his hands. I have been waiting for 3 months to get my sons medical records from this doctor and when I inquire with his staff, they tell me that the doctor has not gotten to my request, and they dont know when he will. Nice customer service! Please do not take your child to this doctor if you think your child might have a serious medical condition.

MOM

Posted on January 8th, 2010

I REALLY LOVE GOING TO SEE DOCTOR FIRME, HE IS VERY PERSSONAL WITH HIS LITTLE PATIENTS AND THEIR FAMLIES, I HAVE BEEN GOING THERE FOR OVER A YEAR NOW, AND I WOULDN'T CHANGE IT FOR THE WORLD, HE REALLY CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS AND REALLY SPENDS TIME GETTING TO KNOW THE CHILDREN AND PARENTS, HE IS FUNNY AND NICE. I REALLY LOVE THIS DOCTOR AND HIS STAFF...

Posted on July 23rd, 2017