A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Gabel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Gabel is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Gabel, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Gabel graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus.
Dr. Gabel has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
- St Mary's Medical Center - Evansville
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gabel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Anthem - 13 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Managed Health Services - Real Life solutions for Healthcare - 2 plans
- MDWise - 2 plans
- Humana - 12 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven J. Gabel practice?
Dr. Steven Gabel practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Trauma near Memphis, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Evansville, IN.
See Memphis Surgeons.