Neurological Surgeons
St Mary's Mercy Medical Center
220 Cherry St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
616-685-5050
Locations and availability (2)

Jul 4th, 2013

Dropped me like a hot potato when a SECOND lumbar laminectomy ( to correct his first, failed one ) didn't heal after it became infected. It took another hospital system to finally cure the infection, and a total of almost a year before the wound healed. Was not going to give him a third chance.

|  Good but....  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2013

I am sure he knows a great deal but he forgets we don't and are scared. He needs to explain things better or trust issues could arise. His staff did explain thank goodness.

|  patient  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2013

Nice guy...not really informative when questioned tho. Kinda left me wondering .....

Mar 20th, 2011

AFTER SUFFERING WITH BACK PAIN I FOUND SOMEONE WHO COULD HELP ME AND WITH THE GARCE OF GOD HE DID

|  Outstanding  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2010

Amazing work. Worked side by side with Dr. Russo to take care of my spinal problem.

by steve h on Oct 24th, 2009

My daughter went to butterworth hospital as an emergency patient and she really lucked out. after her 2nd mri dr. klafeta diagnosed her problem as a spontaneous spinal epidural hematoma. he performed emergency surgery and she is progressing nicely. he has always been professional and patient with me as a parent and my 19 year old daughter as a patient. i would reccomend him to anyone in the area

|  #1 in my book  |  show details
by Judee P. on Oct 23rd, 2008

Dr. Klafeta was recommended to me by a physician after I had two failed lumbar laminectomies by another Neurologist in my area. Dr. Klafeta accurately diagnosed my back problem and performed a lumbar fusion. I've been pain free ever since and I've recommended him to several acquaintences.I really cannot say enough about this wonderfully gifted doctor!

|  Most personable doctor ever!!  |  show details
by Heidi D. on Apr 22nd, 2008

I recently had lumbar fusion with Dr.Klafeta and i can't say enough what a wonderful job he and his staff did in EVERY aspect of the process. He is a wonderful doctor who actually LISTENS to what you, the patient has to say. I highly recommend him.