A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from McGill University Faculty Of Medicine, Montreal.More Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Ochsner Clinic Foundation
- Kenner Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nelson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Steve Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steve Nelson practice?
Dr. Steve Nelson practices Pulmonary Disease near Baton Rouge, LA.
Additional practice locations include: New Orleans, LA and Slidell, LA.
See Baton Rouge Pulmonologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Esteban Nelson, Dr. Stefan Nelson, Dr. Stephan Nelson, Dr. Stephen Nelson