A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steve Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelson
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Nelson Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from McGill University Faculty Of Medicine, Montreal.
Dr. Nelson has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Kenner Regional Medical Center
- Ochsner Clinic Foundation
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Steve Nelson MD is a male Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. Steve Nelson practice?
- Dr. Steve Nelson has 1 office location.
Dr. Steve Nelson practices Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease near New Orleans, LA.
See New Orleans Critical Care Practitioners and New Orleans Pulmonologists.