A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steve Petersen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steve Petersen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Petersen
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Petersen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steve Petersen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Fractures
- Shoulder Pain
Education & Awards
Dr. Petersen graduated from Rush Medical College, Chicago. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Petersen has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Good Samaritan Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Steve Alan Petersen MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 30 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Steve A. Petersen practice?
- Dr. Steve Petersen has 3 office locations.
Dr. Steve Petersen practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Baltimore, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Lutherville, MD and Perry Hall, MD.
See Baltimore Orthopedic Surgeons.