A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steve Petersen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steve Petersen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Petersen
Colonoscopy Patient Education Guide Read all about colonoscopy examinations and tests with Vitals colonoscopy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Petersen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steve Petersen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Fractures
- Shoulder Pain
Education & Awards
Dr. Petersen graduated from Rush Medical College, Chicago. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Petersen has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Steve Alan Petersen MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 30 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Steve A. Petersen practice?
- Dr. Steve Petersen has 1 office location.
Dr. Steve Petersen practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Lutherville Timonium, MD.
See Lutherville Timonium Surgeons.