A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steve Petersen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steve Petersen is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steve Petersen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Shoulder Fractures
Education & Awards
Dr. Petersen graduated from Rush Medical College, Chicago. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Petersen has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Petersen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Priority Partners - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 5 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 1 plan
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steve A. Petersen practice?
Dr. Steve Petersen practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, and Sports Medicine near Lutherville Timonium, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Nottingham, MD and Warren, MI.
See Lutherville Timonium Orthopedic Surgeons, Lutherville Timonium Family Physicians, and Lutherville Timonium Sports Medicine Doctors.