Dr. Steve Zekan MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Charleston, WV

• Good
  • Bad

June 13th, 2017
Best doctor/surgeon not only in Charleston, WV but in the world!!!
Dr. Zekan goes above and beyond any doctor I have ever had. He has great wisdom and knowledge in the medical field and is able to diagnosis what's wrong when all others cannot find out what is wrong. He cares, takes time, listens, has a giving spirit, and respects all. He makes himself available for his patients.

August 20th, 2016
Most Caring and Knowledgeable
The kindest doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Concerned, thorough, knowledgeable, easy going, caring. Felt at ease right away.

June 21st, 2016
Best Doctor Ever!
The best doctor in the world. Very caring, heart of gold and the tops in surgery and healthcare. Number 1 in my books.

May 13th, 2016
Best doctor ever!

December 19th, 2015
A grateful live person
This man saved my life and many others. When traditional doctors wanted to push pills at me or tell me it was in my head. Dr Zekan listened to me and trusted me to know what I was telling him, he investigated with tests and then took action. I am alive because of him today. I haven't read any of the other reviews, but if there are any bad ones it is because they don't understand. Dr. Zekan goes beyond the call of duty to help his patients. Other doctors only want to prescribe medicine, and they go against Dr. Zekan because he studies alternative medicine also and would rather you take something natural that will help instead of a synthetic drug. But He also uses modern medicine and prescriptions. A balance between the two and what ever is needed to help save your life.

November 20th, 2015
The Only Doctor I Would Recommend
Actually, he helped my mom. When she first called for an appointment, it was made months down the line because they thought she just wanted a nutritional analysis. There was a long waiting list of folks just wanting to consult with him. I called back to ask, if someone cancelled, could she have that appointment because her other doctors wanted her to have catheterization, etc.. When they got that information, they asked why she hadn't mentioned it in the first place (but who knew they were different and would listen!) They scheduled her immediately. I have seen his office do this for a friend's husband, also. Dr. Zekan takes patients and teaches them how to get and stay healthy, but he sets time aside to take the patients quickly who have drastic issues. He got my mom on natural thyroid and female hormones and off of the dozen other drugs whose side effects were making her sick. And my friend keeps thanking me for recommending Dr. Zekan to her. Her husband's health, after years of doctors just not knowing what to do, is already starting to turn around. He had all but given up. She had to almost drag him to see yet another doctor. Now he thanks her for "making" him go see Dr. Zekan. My family has had so many terrible experiences with doctors that I dread them worse than illness. Dr. Zekan is the only one I have ever been truly satisfied with and would recommend.

October 14th, 2015
Greatest doctor ever!!!!
He is a wonderful, awesome doctor. He really cares about his patients and he is a genius in the medical field. I am blessed to have him as my doctor.

October 7th, 2015
Dr. Zekan is an exceptional man of knowledge. I would strongly advise anyone I know that needs a surgeon to contact his office. He has helped me tremendously with my Crohn's disease, I was on the verge of having all my small intestines removed by suggestion of my GI dr. & Dr. Zekan was called in as the surgeon, he suggested a few alternative measures for me to try before going through with the surgery, with nothing to lose I agreed, and I'm on my 3rd yr. of being in remission!!! I owe a great deal of gratitude to this man for his knowledge & compassion. He always takes time to talk to you& offer suggestions that will help in your overall well-being. As far as I'm concerned, there's no one else like him, my husband & myself just love him for the help he has given to our family! He is A one in our book!!!!

June 19th, 2015
Minister
One of the great medical doctors in the USA. Was able to diagnosed me when no other doctor was able.

February 3rd, 2015
The best doctor I have ever met.

April 21st, 2013
One of the best doctors I have ever met.

November 7th, 2012
Dr. Zekan is a real dr, gets to the root of problems. Doesnt just treat your symptoms. We've been to alot of doctors and hospitals and he tops them all. A+++++++++!