Surgeon
Downtown Charleston
1208 Kanawha Blvd E
Charleston, WV 25301
304-343-7559
Locations and availability (1)

Apr 21st, 2013

One of the best doctors I have ever met.

Nov 6th, 2012

Dr. Zekan is a real dr, gets to the root of problems. Doesnt just treat your symptoms. We've been to alot of doctors and hospitals and he tops them all. A !

|  pain medicine  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

Would not give me pain medicine and I was cut about 7 inches for surgery, I do not under stand why.

|  Wolf in Sheeps clothing  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2011

Direct inguinal hernia?In 2006 I was sent to S. Zekan because of acute pain in my side.He informed me it was a hernia and I needed simple surgery. Four to Five months after the 1st surgery the pain was still present. I informed him that we may need to reevaluate the diagnoses. He became very rude and angry with me questioning his diagnosis. The second visit to his office, he was rude with an extra-long wait time. I was then diagnosed with an Inguinal Hernia and scheduled for surgery. Why I was not diagnosed the first time I have no idea. When surgery came around I was ask by a pre-Op nurse why I wanted him to perform surgery the second time. I overheard the nurses talk about how he was in a bad mood and I should have not embarrassed Zekan this way. He did not see me prior to doing Surgery on me. After surgery I was in recovery a minimum time, then made to get up to leave. Thats the last I seen him. He opened the double doors and told me to wait for a pain prescription. The first surgery I was held at the hospital overnight for monitoring. Not this time, I left dizzy and in some pain. I was not scheduled for a checkup appointment. My groin area was scary black for over 5 weeks. My leg was black to my right knee. My right groin still gives me pain. Pain I did not have prior to this surgery. I had cat-scan and found my nerves there, am wrapped around each other. This is something that had to be done surgically. I understand that my blood flow has been reduced in the right leg as well. All I can say is..Be careful of wolfs in sheeps clothing. Dont make the cook mad.your broth may be soured. Most of all dont question Zekans ability. He gets Mad and he hits below the belt. This reading will probably give him gratification that he can change peoples life the way he wants. Years have past but Im reminded of that experience daily.

Sep 17th, 2011

waiting time varies depending on urgency of patient. most caring Dr we've ever seen. Will stop in parking lot or hall & ask about us. Always willing to help when we need him. We trust him with our life!! Hear of so many he has saved lives or quality of life for thios terminal!

by Beverly Kinsolving on Sep 22nd, 2010

Dr Zekan is the best of the best person and physician. I trust my life in his hands. Any of his patient's know he care about their medical care and them as a person. If he felt he was unable to do the care his patient(s) needs, he refers them to anyother excellant physician, so for the past 25 years I have a very good GYN, Urololgist, etc. and his labs are done from a repretable physician(s).