Dr. Steven King MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 6th, 2017
Satisfied Patient.
I have been treating with Dr. King for several years now, I have always felt as a valued patient not only by him but his entire staff has always treated me as I matter. I have and continue to be treated with kindness, patience and respect. Thank you all for all you do keep up the good work.

January 6th, 2016
Refused treatment

December 17th, 2014
One staff member in the Boardman office is very abrupt and rude. She acts like you are bothering her. Heaven forbid if you have a $10 balance. I tried to get a prescription refilled on a Thursday, told them I was out, it did not get called in to the pharmacy until Monday. Beware if you have to call back and ask about the prescription again and get a certain staff member who should not be working with the public. Dr. King actually fell asleep during my visit to him. Worst place I have ever been to.

March 10th, 2013
Superb psychiatrist
Dr. King is extremely knowledgeable in his field. He is kind and concerned. His bedside manner is wonderful. I have had to call him after hours a few times & he called me back immediately. I love Judy at the Howland office. She is great at her job & always tries to fit me in. I would not be comfortable with any other psychiatrist. Dr. King is TOPS!

November 28th, 2012
I am an individual without medical insurance, recommended to Dr King by my family physician.I was a self pay first time visit to see the doctor. Upon arrival, was charged $175.00 acessment fee. Preliminarily, I was interviewed (accessed) ,returned to schedule the follow up Appointment with Dr. King, and told, he see's no one who is uninsured. I paid presuming i was to receive services, left with nothing Having paid for his services. A promised follow up call to me, never came.

August 20th, 2012
Dr. King has been a godsend for my mental health. He is knowledgeable, patient, kind, and professional. He exudes a warmth that puts me at ease. During times of emotional difficulty he is reassuring and sees me more often. I attribute longer wait times to new & current patients in crisis. The office staff is professional.

April 10th, 2012
Can't believe the last reviews!!!
i read the recent reviews and was shocked. Ive been a long time patient of Dr. King and have only the highest level of respect for him. The office staff have been nice, but i'm not there to see them so whatever!!! Dr. King is kind and listens and always returns calls, even on holidays.

December 21st, 2011
The staff at the office was very unprofessional and when I asked for the doctor to call me Leslie refused to have him call me. The office staff should realize that people coming to their office isn't stable and requires the extra attention. This was not the case. I was told I couldn't come until the balance was taken

June 13th, 2011
happy patient

December 2nd, 2010
Some of the office staff are very abrupt and lack concern for the patients. The doctor is kind and listens, but does not seem well versed in certain areas of psychiatry such as ADD/ADHD as he only treats adult patients. As an adult patient with ADHD, it is difficult discussing issues or problems with either the doctor or the counselors and feel you get helpful answers or assistance.

June 15th, 2017