Dr. Steven Smith Is this you?

4.8

Have you seen Dr. Steven Smith?

Oh what a difference a new hip makes

Posted on October 11th, 2016

Friendly, professional, takes time with you, explains everything very well. Took great care of me in hospital. Helpful: great sense of humor. Tori is his PA. I feel lucky to have him put in a new hip for me.

Hips / Pelvis

Posted on September 9th, 2016

Upfront , Took time to explain my options and why he recommend what he thought would give the best overall results .

Dr Smith is fabulous!

Posted on September 11th, 2013

Dr. Smith has done two total hips for me. The first one was in 1999. He does great work. I just could not ask for better care or a better Doctor.

Did not like the staff

Posted on August 27th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Smith's office after I broke my ankle and was new to the area. The appointment was easy to make. When I arrived however waited 45 minutes for a room to open up. The attending office nurse seemed not well trained/newish to the procedures. The desk receptionist was nice but could not figure out how to give me accurate change when paying and did not think I needed a receipt for cah payment. The xray guys were nice but wanted me to hop up on a stool on my good foot in order to get up to the xray table and seemed stumped for how to get me up there without hte stepping stool...luckily I am tall and figured out on my own how to tip toe my good leg up enough to allow me to sit on the table. The doctor seemed kind, but it was the nurse who really did not keep up with his pace. She tried to show me how to pump up my air boot but failed to tell me to keep one finger on the air valve hose while pumping it and did not tell me anything about comfort or maitenance to expect once I got home..like the horrible night pain in my heel from bad circulation. After paying $527 CASH for the visit, I realized I was charged double the retail price of the cast by going to the manufacturers website when I was searching for operating instructions once I got home and was in pain. I did call the office to ask for the doctor to call me to address my issues. The nurse fielded the call and later called me back and said if I was in pain to come into the office. I told her I had no way of doing that and she still would not let me talk to the doctor. I hung up on her.I am not going back as I do not trust the office practices of Dr. Smith. I want a solid office staff backeing a solid doctor. I will never recommend his office to a soul.

Posted on April 16th, 2012

Dr. Smith did hip replacement surgery on my right hip in 2006. The surgery went smoothly and my recovery was easeful. Dr. Smith was very attentive during my hospital stay and on follow-up visits. This surgery gave me a new lease on life, since prior to surgery I was unable to walk even short distances without a lot of pain. I will always be grateful to Dr. Smith for his competence and overall care.

Posted on August 24th, 2017