Dr. Steven Teitelbaum MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Santa Monica, CA

4.8

April 4th, 2014
The best and most trustworthy plastic surgeon!
I interviewed 3 different surgeons (general surgeon, female surgeon and Dr. Teitelbaum. I did a lot of research on all 3 - Dr. Teitelbaum had by far the best credentials. I was interested in interviewing a female surgeon since I support women in the medical field. Unfortunately the office nor the consult gave me a feeling of confidence or comfort. The doctor seemed scattered and a bit high strung. It made me feel even more stressed out than when I went in. I had the "opposite" experience when I went to my consultation with Dr. Teitelbaum. His staff was very friendly. Dr. Teitelbaum was very personable and listened intently to what my concerns were around my stomach and also my concerns around how another surgery would impact my family (I have two young kids) and me professionally ( I work full time). After he heard all my concerns and he asked me a lot of questions he gave me his recommendation on what I would need to do to meet my expectations. He told me the must do list, the let's wait and see until your body normalizes since I was still nursing and the can't do all at once list. His recommendation was definitely not cut and paste - in fact, quite the opposite. He wrote notes during the consult and at the end records verbally your personal situation, expectations and what was agreed upon together in terms of a solution. I was VERY impressed because he didn't just hear that I wanted a flat stomach, he heard why and what made my situation unique. I didn't get this at all in either consultation with the general surgeon and or the other plastic surgeon I had interviewed. Dr. Teitelbaum also said to call at any time with questions or come into his office at any time with questions. My 2nd consult with Dr. Teitelbaum was just as informative and professional and my husband who came with me definitely agreed that we couldn't have chosen a better surgeon. Dr. Teitelbaum was great about asking my husband if he had any questions regarding the procedure, the recovery or the results. Last but not least the surgery... The entire staff was more than excellent. The pre-op nurse was great about being available to answer any questions. I thought I was getting sick the week prior and she was great about informing me about the medications I could and could not take. The anesthesiologist called me the evening before to check in and make sure that I was doing okay. The operating nurse was so sweet and made me feel so comfortable. Everyone was great and Dr. Teitelbaum did an amazing job. He recommended that I stay at a recovery center for two days knowing that it would be hectic with two babies at home and the first two days are critical in terms of recovery. He visited me in the recovery center and was available for any questions. The recovery center was amazing - I didn't want to leave! My new tummy is life changing! I feel great in clothes and I just rocked a bikini for the first time. I am 10 weeks post op and every day gets better and better. It is still improving which I can't even believe! Dr. Teitelbaum and his staff are 5 stars across the board. You couldn't ask for a better doctor or staff. Update: 1 1/2 years post op….I am still loving the work Dr. Teitalbaum performed on my stomach. Over a year later it feels and looks amazing! He emailed me at 6 months and 1 year to check in and see how I was feeling and if there was anything I needed. Dr. Teitalbaum cares about his patients and his work! Thank you Dr. T!

March 25th, 2014
Amazing experience
Dr. Teitelbaum was truly amazing! After having 4 children(one pregnancy being twins), I needed a tummy tuck and small implants. He made me look so natural. I am so impressed. He truly has a gift. His staff was amazing as well. I am so happy!!!:)

March 16th, 2014
Dr T
I came to see Dr. Teitelbaum with severe capsular constriction of implants. Dr. Teitelbaum addressed my concerns with care, patience and great expertise. We looked at possibility of complete removal vs replacement. I chose replacement because of lack of breast tissue. The surgery and recovery was seamless. The nurses specifically, Audrey were exceptional in the level of care and follow up I received. I must interject that I personally think it is very important that a potential patient has done his or her homework about the procedure they are considering. Ask intelligent questions, read information and see videos of the Dr. as well as the procedure. It made my initial appointment more fulfilling and gave an extra level of comfort to proceed with the procedure. Dr. Teitelbaum was the best choice. I was very happy with my decision and results. I give him 4+++++ stars!

February 6th, 2014
A happy mommy!
Had the pleasure of meeting Dr. T for a consultation back in Oct 2013. Prior to setting up the appointment, I did lots of research and comparisons of several notable plastic surgeons in the area. I was impressed with Dr. T's approach, accolades, and qualifications. Im always skeptical of professionals using celebrities to give the impression that they are skilled and qualified. I was happy to see that Dr. T did not show off any celebrity photos, in hopes to win over my business. He is straight to the point, and I admire that he did not try to upsell me. He gave me his honest and professional opinion, without any pressure to talk about any other problems areas I did not bring up. I healed quickly and did not endure the pain I thought would be associated with the type of procedure I selected. My results are extremely natural, and many of my family members couldn't really tell the difference. Very happy to have Dr. T as my surgeon, and would recommend him in a heartbeat.

January 25th, 2014
I would do it again
I was referred to Dr T for breast augmentation by a friend of a friend. Thank goodness I took the time to ask for referrals or I wouldn't have known where to start. Dr T and his staff were professional, polite and empathetic. The procedure was straight forward and recovery time was, as promised, extremely fast. One year on and I am so happy with the final results. A perfect size for me and very natural looking. I never regret my decision to augment and I highly recommend Dr Teitelbaum's practice.

January 19th, 2014
Amazing Results
I am a health provider and had the privilege to have a patient (a big wig) that works at Mentor in my chair. I asked him who he would send his wife/daughter/sister to for a post baby and breast feeding breast augmentation and that I was seeking very natural looking breasts. All I wanted was to "fill" up the tissue I had left after breast feeding 2 kids and I was only 32. I didn't want to live the rest of my life with hanging breast skin. He answered, without hesitation, Dr Steven Teiltebaum in Santa Monica. I had an appointment within a week. Dr. T listened to my request, concerns and most importantly, told me that he would only create natural looking breasts and reassured me that I would not have "cantaloupes" on my chest. He took about 4-6 measurements, talking into his recorder and gave me 2 size options. I tried on each sample and then they put me on a 3-D screen to show me what they would look like at different angles. I was amazed! I chose the smaller size and surgery was set for 2 weeks out. The surgery itself took about 30 minutes. His staff was very comforting and informative. He uses a 24 hour recovery technique that you can read about on his website. Post op I was NOT wrapped, this is to promote blood flow for healing faster, and I was given Ibuprofen and Arnica only. When do you ever go in for major surgery and post op are given anti-inflammatories only...NO PAIN MEDS!!! My under breast scars disappeared within 1 year. I have sense been back for follow ups and he and i are very pleased with the result. Dr T. is truly an artist, an amazing surgeon and one of a kind when it comes to natural plastic surgery. He prides himself at this. He really studies each body to give you the perfect size.. I received the cohesive gel implant " gummy bear" that is anatomically shaped like a natural breast or "tear drop." I am 5 years out and absolutely love them. I love that they do not need to be replaced, unless it's a personal choice to do so, and people would never know, naked or clothed. My sister is heading his direction after her last baby. I would certainly recommend him whether you live near him or not...it's your body, do it right the first time!

January 16th, 2014
Best in town
Dr. Teitelbaum is an excellent physician with an astute sense of bodily aesthetics, top-notch surgical skill and utmost integrity. One year ago, Dr. T performed my breast reduction and lift. I am thrilled with the beautiful, natural results. Dr. Teitelbaum exhibited meticulous attention to detail, - specifically what would be proportionate for my body and aesthetically pleasing. He is kind and straightforward. Most of all, he cares about his patients and his work. His nurses & staff - Audrey, Jackie, Vicki and Diane - are friendly, knowledgeable and patient. Search no further. Dr.Teitelbaum is a top-notch surgeon, an artistic genius, and a man of uncommon integrity.

October 22nd, 2013
Love Dr. Teitelbaum & my results!
I cannot say enough wonderful things about my experience with Dr. Teitelbaum. I was very fearful of having a cosmetic procedure done - my first ever surgical operation of any kind - but I am still amazed at how easy and painless it turned out to be. Anyone looking for a BA should definitely at least book a consultation with Dr. Teitelbaum. The 24 hour rapid recovery technique blew my mind. I chose him because he is an expert in the new highly cohesive "gummy bear" implants and the rapid recovery method. I was not interested in being in pain and out of commission for any length of time. He totally delivered! I have beautiful, natural results that are just the right size and my recovery time was a day or two before I could do all my normal activities hauling 3 kids around town. My incisions have already almost completely faded at 6 weeks and no one even ever knew I had anything done! :)

September 30th, 2013
Two Breast Augmentation Surgeries - Santa Monica, CA
I was looking for a surgeon to perform a breast augmentation operation on me when I fortunately came across Dr. Teitelbaum in the Allure magazine. I was instantly captivated by his outstanding background and grounded philosophy regarding breast augmentation. A woman's breast should be proportionate, graceful, and feminine and should look as close as possible to real breasts without any evident signs of surgery. Immediately, I felt excited with the prospect of being restored after nursing three babies and naturally losing my volume and shape. I selected Dr. Teitelbaum as my surgeon because of his extensive experience and notable recognition in the field of breast augmentation which assured me that I would be in excellent hands. I also selected Dr. Teitelbaum as my surgeon because of his expertise in measuring the breast to perfection so the results are natural and the breast tissue is kept healthy. In fact, Dr. Teitelbaum's first words upon our first meeting were, "We have to make sure we preserve your tissues." All in all I had two breast augmentation surgeries with Dr. Teitelbaum and during both operations he was attentive, thoughtful, and conscientious of my expectations; he delivered exactly what I asked of him each time and there were no surprises. Initially, during my first operation I decided to go smaller (240cc) than what he originally recommended. However, after reflecting on my new breast size, and although I was pleased with the outcome, I decided it would be in my best interest to have a second operation using the implant size Dr. Teitelbaum initially recommended (300cc). Immediately after both of my operations my breasts looked completely natural, proportionate, and symmetrical which is a reflection of Dr. Teitelbaum's surgical abilities and artistic aesthetic. Both of my recoveries were flawless and I had very little swelling, pain, and bruising. I hardly needed any pain medication or any special massages following my surgeries, although I did experience some minor soreness and a slight feeling of tightness which quickly dissipated. Twice I have been astounded by Dr. Teitelbaum’s precise surgical techniques. Following both surgeries I was able to shower and go out to dinner the same day. It is unbelievable that with each passing month my breasts look and feel more and more natural. At this point, ten months after my second surgery, I cannot even tell that I have implants because they feel so natural. In fact, if it wasn't for those small incisions I would say these are my original breasts. They are perfect in size, shape, symmetry, and are harmonious with my build and frame. These superb results are the exact reason I selected Dr. Teitelbaum to be my surgeon not once but twice. To any woman a beautiful pair of breasts is a reflection of youth, beauty, and allure. However, it is Dr. Teitelbaum’s ability to make breast implants look like they are real that truly increased my sense of femininity. At every step of the way Dr. Teitelbaum has shown attention to detail and his incredible dedication shines through. In fact, even at times when he was busy post-operatively he still made himself available. Clearly, he makes sure his patients receive the highest level of care and are ultimately comfortable and happy. Furthermore, it was his patience, openness, honesty, and understanding that allowed me to feel comfortable to discuss my breast implant sizing issues. It’s been the greatest pleasure to be served by Dr. Teitelbaum’s staff. I am an out of town patient and on several occasions I required flexibility in scheduling appointments and follow-ups. His patient coordinator, Vicky, assisted me with every single detail and was efficient and reliable. His nurse, Audrey, is a highly professional, skilled, mature, and nurturing nurse. She was consistently calm and caring pre/post-operatively; I am certain her soft demeanor would calm down even the most anxious patients. Dr. Teitelbaum’s anesthesiologist, Dr. Moorman, shared a personal story that made me feel that she was completely approachable and down to earth. As a result, I felt “at home” at Dr. Teitelbaum’s clinic and I am sure this feeling stemmed from the terrific care I received from beginning to end. Lastly, while breast augmentation is a relatively common surgical procedure the natural-looking results that Dr. Teitelbaum produces are anything but common and I am truly lucky to have found such a remarkable surgeon who enhanced my appearance which ultimately increased my sense of self-confidence. Dear Dr. Teitelbaum, Thank you with all my heart.

September 9th, 2013
Best Surgeon in Southern California
It is rare to truly experience someone who is a master of his craft. Dr. Teitelbaum was born to enhance what nature has provided, or in my case, fix what another doctor "enhanced." He is extremely professional and caring. In my experience, Dr. Teitelbaum is the best of the best. From the initial consultation to follow-up after recovery, Dr. Teitelbaum and his office are professional, thorough and extremely kind. All of my options and the associated risks were explained to me every step of the way. Every question I had (and there were at least 2 dozen) was thoroughly addressed and answered. I never felt rushed. My previous doctor has walked out of the exam room door while I was still buttoning my blouse. This was NEVER the case with Dr. Teitelbaum. Dr. Teitelbaum called and emailed me after surgery. I was given both his cell and home number in case I had any concerns. Absolutely top-notch care! My surgery included complete scar tissue removal, implant (saline) exchange and a drain all performed through an incision under the breast. Dr. Teitelbaum was even so kind as to correct the scarring around my nipple from my 4 previous operations free of charge. After 6 years of dealing with capsular contracture, I finally have the results I wanted. My breast matches the other, and is soft and pain free.

August 28th, 2013
100% Happy!
I have been researching doctors for breast augmentation and liposuction for many years when I came across Dr. Steven Teitelbaum. I researched his work for 4 years before deciding to go under the knife with him. I went from a B to a C and I could not be happier with the results! My breasts look and feel so natural! It is difficult for people to tell that I had any work done at all. I also had some trouble spots in my back hip area that diet and exercise were never able to get rid of. So i asked him to slightly sculpt that area to make my waist look a bit longer and leaner. It has been over a year now since my surgery and I am extremely happy that my decision to go with Dr. Teitelbaum was the right one. One of the major reasons I went with Dr. Teitelbaum was because of his extensive knowledge with the cohesive gel implants also known as the gummy bear implants. Another reason was because he is able to take your before photos and immediately digitally enhance them on the computer to help you and him get a better understanding of the results you are trying to achieve. For example: I was having trouble deciding which implant size to go with. I wanted something that would still look natural for my body and achieve the results I was going for. He was able to digitally enhance my photos with both implant sizes so I was able to compare them side by side to help with my decision. I was also able to see what my breasts would look like from different angles on the computer. Before, the day of and after the surgery his staff was WONDERFUL and made me feel comfortable with the entire process. Post surgery everything went smoothly. There were obvious aches and pains that made it difficult to move comfortably, but those healed in a short amount of time. The one thing that did surprise me was that the minor liposuction took more time to heal then the breast augmentation. I had to take my time to work back up to doing full workouts at the gym, One thing that really helped was wearing compression during workouts. It helped keep the skin to minimal movement and it helped to avoid the zaps that kept zinging down my back every time I jumped. I would recommend Dr. Teitelbaum 100% to anyone who is looking to get work done. I am extremely happy with the results! Dr. Teitelbaum and his team of wonderful staff met all of my expectations and beyond!

April 28th, 2013
4th Breast Surgery
EXCELLENT, Trustworthy, Meticulous, Honest, Brilliant. This was my 4th breast surgery and I met with 20 other surgeons because I could not afford another bad surgery. I had Such a fabulous experience and result and would never consider another doctor. Dr. T is the ultimate perfectionist. He even came into the office on Sunday to remove my drains rather than take them out too early or a day too late. He has since worked on 10 of my friends and they have also had amazing results! I am forever grateful Dr. Teitelbaum