Dr. Steven Abbadessa DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 1st, 2015
Dr. Abbadessa is the best!

April 16th, 2014
Outcomes
Dr Abbadessa does great work. I have 1st hand experience of his skills in treating the anorectal problems. He is very caring and provides great service.

March 25th, 2014
Very professional and knowledgable
Dr. Abbadessa and his staff made me feel at ease. I was nervous about having a colonoscopy and had it in his office. It saved me time, money and gave me peace of mind. I would recommend Dr. Abbadessa to anyone who has colon rectal issues or concerns.

March 9th, 2014
great doctor
This was the first time I had ever been to this type of doctor so I really didnt know what to expect. Dr. Abbadesaa was very informative and answered the many questions I had. He even started treatment that day! The staff was nice and they worked with my schedule for making my appointment.

March 6th, 2014
patient
I went into Dr. Abbadessa's office in severe pain. I was so scared to walk into this office because of the fear of what they may do. The staff were very courteous and helpful with any questions that I had. They even called me the next day to check on me, to see if I was doing okay. I can say in the past I have never had a Dr. call to make sure I was doing okay after the procedure. I have done my follow up visits and I'm 100% better thanks to Dr. Abbadessa and his staff.

March 5th, 2014
Dancing without discomfort
Dr. Abbadessa told me that if I came in for a treatment that I would be able to go dancing that night. He was right. They staff that he has there was quite pleasant also. Thank you

February 5th, 2014
Who honestly wants to have to see a proctologist? NOT. I was nervous going to see Dr. Abbadessa for the first time. He and his staff immediately put me at ease. The appointments were always on time, unlike other doctors where I've been kept waiting for hours. He answered all of my questions. Most importantly, he stopped the pain I had experienced for decades. For that, I am grateful.

April 25th, 2013
Voice your Complaints
It is obvious from the complaints on here that Abbadessa is a bad doctor and a poor surgeon and I can back that up from my experience with him. I urge everyone to follow up and make formal complaints on him. If everyone stepped forward to do this and went to the proper authorities he would not be able to carry on his miserable practice. Missouri Board of Healing Arts for starters, or the hospitals he affiliates with, etc..

March 5th, 2013
Retired professor of criminal justice & human behavior
The. DR. WAS VERY THEROUGH IN HIS EXAM. He explained the probblem and the ways that it could be repaired. He gave me options and explained the differences between each. Then he told me which I ine would be best for me and why.. I have been Ion going back to the Dr. now for. 15 years. He has to do my surgery every 6 months to maintain what he hasn'tn adone the prior visit due to 3 very bad b ack surgeries by a jnother Dr. I would not trust any other Dr. To do the surgery that Drm. Abedessa and Dr Palmer in the same office perform. The rectum is a very sensitive area area and I would not let any other Dr. go there. His nurses are very kind and make you feel very relaxed when you are exposed tobthe world.

March 1st, 2013
Treats me very kind....
I can see that that blasphemy isn't prohibited on this site therefore I wish to rebuttal to those statements and to the individuals who would post such malarkey...I have been going to this physician for 6 years per my choice, he is excellent at what he does sure he doesn't wear a smile and act phony like I have seen in past physicians but he does his job wonderfully he does follow up with his patients even on weekends if needed; if you have a issue which he cannot diagnose to the full extent of your condition he will bring in another doctor to assist i.e. upper and lower endoscopy, he does listen to all complaints . Okay so he has a past from like what two decades ago a doctor is still a human and not above making mistakes ? Does that give said individuals the right to defame his character out of anger? He does have a license otherwise my insurance would not have paid the claims . With all this being said regardless I will continue to see Dr. Abbadessa he has treated all of my conditions as thoroughly as anyone could yes it can be uncomfortable but it is your rectum any where you go when your bottom is being examined you will be uptight and anxious. To those who feel he doesn't answer ALL of their questions, take that up with him I am sure he will take the time to sit down and explain whatever the concern is in more detail. "You have not because you ask not."

January 24th, 2013
Ive seen him a few times since 2010 and never had any issues, so far so good. I would go back, I saw the comments about his past and looked that up as well. I would hope he has turned over a new leaf but will proceed ahead with future appointments with a little more caution in the future.

December 3rd, 2012
I am rather appalled to read such things about such as helpful doctor and for the tools saying that Dr. Abbadessa does his own reviews get real he has too many "sain" patients to take care of, just because a doctor doesn't baby their patients does not mean that he deserves to be given such a bad review if you all don't like him keep it moving and go and find another doctor who is more willing to look at your smelly butts and tell you that it smells like roses, this man has taken care of me since 2006 and has hit my problems right on the nose I will never forget a couple of months ago I was so SICK ! Dr. Abbadessa actually called me on a sunday to see what he could do to give me relief he kept checking in on me and when he figured out that I was sick from my upper intestines and not lower made a personal call on my behalf and got me an appointment that next day for a endoscopy. I had a hernia and ulcers which the past NICE , LOVING, DOCTORS never looked for so to all you bunch of weak people out here who have nothing better to do than to defame others characters behind a computer grow up get a life no better yet do us all a favor find a rock and hide under it touche'.