A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Achinger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Achinger, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
He has special expertise in 1 Area, including Kidney Dialysis Renal Dialysis.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Achinger graduated from University of Miami .More Education & Awards
Dr. Achinger has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Northeast Baptist Hospital
- University Hospital - San Antonio
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Achinger accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 11 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 7 plans
More Accepted Insurance