Dr. Steven Alcuri Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Steven Alcuri?

Posted on December 12th, 2016

Very knowledgeable, never rushed, very thorough/ If you have a child afraid of that long cotton tipped-strep test, he's really good at talking them through it

Wonderful!

Posted on September 8th, 2016

I actually went to Dr. Alcuri when I was a child and I now take my baby there ever sense he was a New born! (Now 10 months old)- He is wonderful, Kim who runs the front desk is amazing, Amber an AMAZING and gentle nurse is awesome- Dr. Alcuri is one to not push medicine on the little ones and likes to cure all as natural as possible when he's not there he has an on call doctor who can generally get you in that day if its an emergency! I give this office nothing but good and will always boast about the wonderfulness that they give to their littles- This office is one big family and that's what it needs to be!

Doctor Alcuri told me my daughter did not have autism

Posted on January 4th, 2014

When my first daughter was 2 and did not produce any spontaneous speech, joint attention and had poor eye contact, I started to search the internet and for the first time I read about autism. I am from South America and never heard of this disorder. I took my daughter and a red flag list for autism to Doctor Alcuri. From that list I checked at least five statements and he dismissed all my concerns and assured me that my daughter was fine and that she only was displaying immature behavior. I decided to go with another pediatrician who by the second appointment suggested me to screen my daughter for autism because she did not respond to her name. My little girl was diagnosed at the age of 3. I am writing this review to share my experience with other parents because early intervention is the best we can do. As for Doctor Alcuri, was it ignorance or arrogance? maybe a little bit of both.

Stopped going

Posted on July 29th, 2011

When my son was about 1 he was nervous about having his ears looked at. Dr Alcuri was forcful, didn't give me time to get my son comfortable with what was going to happen. He treated me like I was a crazy doting mother, which I'm not. I understand that he has patients he has to get to, but Holding my son down and just blowing it off as "it is just his age" I could have held my son on my lap and made it easier. The new doctor I started going to asked my to put my son on my lap and showed my son what he was going to do. My son let him and we've never had a problem since. Treating people, even small children with dignity shouldn't be too much to ask.

Dr Alcuri responds

Posted on June 27th, 2010

This is Dr. Alcuri, responding to those reviewers whose experience with me was not all it could have been. First, I want to thank you for bringing your issues to attention. I am dedicated to the principle of quality, individualized attention, and if you feel you did not receive that, I want to know about it, so corrections can be made. As an example, one very important correction has been to listen less to business consultants, and more to parents!! Next, to those individuals who were not happy with me, I offer a sincere apology. Finally, I re-commit to the core principle of quality, individualized attention. To those readers who, upon reading these reviews, feel I might not be genuine, you are encouraged to come see for yourself, and decied for yourself.

Disappointing...

Posted on March 25th, 2009

I set up an appointment for my 10 month old son who was not feeling well. Arrived at the office 45 minutes later and was told that his records were no longer available and he had been discharged from the practice as a "bad debt." We had missed ONE appointment accidentally and did not receive a reminder phone call about the appointment in the first place. I asked to speak with Dr. Alcuri and was told I had to speak with the "office manager" who was not there even though the Dr. was standing right in the next room. Who turns away a sick baby ? Very disappointing.

Posted on January 20th, 2016