A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Awner, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 5 Areas, including Cataract, Lazy Eye Strabismus, and Neuro-Ophthalmology.2 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Awner graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.More Education & Awards
Dr. Awner has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Sisters of Charity Hospital
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Awner accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Independent Health - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Steven Awner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven Awner practice?
Dr. Steven Awner practices Ophthalmology near Buffalo, NY.
See Buffalo Ophthalmologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Esteban Awner, Dr. Stefan Awner, Dr. Stephan Awner, Dr. Stephen Awner