Steven B Ellison, MD

Alcovy Gastroenterology
3681 Highway 81
Loganville, GA 30052
678-635-8650
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Bad Experience with the Front Desk Administrator THREE TIMES, will never use again  |  show details
by Loganville Resident on Jul 15th, 2014

I did not have a horrible experience with Dr. Ellison himself. He rubbed me the wrong way at first and I didn't think he was listening to me, but by the end of talking with him, I'm pretty sure that it may have just been nerves from having been in chronic pain for four months and a little agitation from dealing with the front office. The front office administrator is just not very polite or respectful. I turned in my paperwork, which I filled out one of the medical release forms wrong and she asked me to step over to the glass and explained to me somewhat abrasively that I should have kept that particular form blank. I tried not to take it personally, because I'm sure she deals with paperwork all day and perhaps she just comes off as abrasive and didn't mean it that way. I simply apologized for filling out the paper improperly and then I asked if she would mind looking up a cash price for the consult as I wasn't sure if I wanted to use my insurance because of how bad it is if I got a better cash price. She gave me a huge lecture about how I presented with insurance and how I have to pay insurance prices and also, had I not presented with insurance and she found out I would be responsible for the difference. At this point, I was slightly agitated, but I didn't want to take it too personally because perhaps she was just doing her job. I was extremely vulnerable because I'd been too another specialist and had already paid $850 getting cleared because I thought it was something with my reproductive system and I was honestly freaking out a little bit because I was worried about the bill because I've paid so much this year that I'm already trying to find a second job to help cover things and it's just been rough. Anyways, I got back to the exam room and the doctor was okay. He was kind by the end and the front office administrator seemed polite and even offered to work with me about the payment. Well, the next week, I had a CT done. And when I got a call from their office, I was working and didn't know my phone had rang. My voicemail box was full and they couldn't leave a message. I called back as promptly as I could and got the front office administrator. She asked me why I thought someone had called from their office and I explained and she seem rather put out about it. She told me to hold. When she came back to the line, rather than giving me the test results or someone who would give me my test results that I've been anxious about for four months, she gave me a lecture about my voicemail box being full. It was so berating. She said "With all due respect, you are waiting for important medical tests results. Maybe it's a good time for you to clean out your voicemail box so you can get those..." (She said more that was berating, but I was so shocked I can't remember all of it). She said, "I tracked down the results and I'm going to put you through to so-in-so..." then she waited for me to say "Thank you" and I obviously didn't because her lack of professionalism was completely unnecessary and rude. The nurse that I talked to was very nice, but I had been through so much, I was in tears and trying not to cry over the phone. The nurse asked about a possible follow-up and I told her that I'd never dealt with someone so rude as her office manager in all of my experience dealing with medical professionals and I had no intention of dealing with their practice again. I feel bad because I think I took a little bit of my frustration out on the poor nurse that was just trying to give me my test results, but it was an incredibly uncomfortable experience for me. I would NEVER recommend this practice to anyone.

|  Wonderful experience  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

The staff, doctor and office very professional.

|  Great Doctor and Office Staff  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2011

I was so glad to find Dr. Ellison in his new practice in Loganville. His old office has always been difficult to deal with but his new office staff are very helpful and sweet.

|  excellent doctor  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2010

Was able to find a small colon cancer missed by another doctor. He was persistent in looking for the cause of my symptom and this lead to the diagnosis and treatment. I am forever thankful