Dr. Steven Morgan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Morgan?

Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. Steven Morgan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 26th, 2015

Great orthopedic doctor

I like how Dr Morgan answers questions directly and doesn't waste time making small talk. He is competent and polite, and understanding when in pain. I would use him again. I had two total knee replacements with him in 2012. Only complaint is no follow up after major surgery, except for the once. Seems like more could be helpful. (Like at 3 months post, or 6 months post.)

October 24th, 2012

Great!!!!! Went out of his way to help me. WONDERFUL bedside manner. Treated me just as he would his own family. Never had a doctor help me so much.

October 17th, 2012

Cancels appointments last minute

Extremely unprofessional. I had a grade tear to my gastrocnemius that needed repair. I was unable to walk at all, and have been trying to get around on crutches which is extemely difficult to work into my profession, therefore I am unable to work efficiently...and that has an impact on my income. I scheduled an appointment and had to wait a week to even get in to see him. Also, I took the day off to be able to go to my appointment, which also costs me money. The day of my appointment two hours before the office called and stated Dr. Morgan had just scheduled a surgery and needed to reschedule my appointment. If I would have called 2 hours prior to my appointment and rescheduled with him, they most likely would have charged me for the visit. This tells me he is fairly new and hasn't learned to manage his schedule yet. There are emergencies, and then there is just bad management. I'll find another surgeon!

August 12th, 2011

Mr Pragmatic

I like the way Dr.SBM approaches your problem with a great sense of pragmatism. I find his no-nonsense approach refreshing and he gives you a sense of 'I'll get you fixed as soon as I can'. I thoroughly recommend him

February 3rd, 2010

I had a pelvic fracture, he wanted me to go to PT!

I've gone to Dr. Morgan for several years, and recently began to think his desire to funnel $$ to his PT affiliates has gotten in the way of practicing good medicine. Two years ago I was in PT for four months due to ongoing back pain issues. The pain never went away, Dr. Morgan & the PT simply said I needed to work on my core. I quit going and the issue eventually resolved itself.Six weeks ago, I developed what I believed to be a hip stress fracture due to running. It took nearly two weeks to get an appt. with Dr. Morgan (despite the fact that I told his scheduler I was in a great deal of pain and had trouble walking). When I did get to my appointment, it was 45 minutes before I saw Dr. Morgan, even though I could hear him talking to the patient next door for ten full minutes about the big game on TV the day before. When he came in he had a med student with him. I gave him a list (literally) of my symptoms and history, and he just didn't seem to be tuned in. Without even examining me or ordering x-rays or an MRI, he said he couldn't figure out what was wrong with me and thought I should go to PT. How can a doctor prescribe a treatment plan with no diagnosis? Red flags went off (see comment about PT above), and I practically had to beg him to do an MRI order. He said it would "probably come back negative, and then he'd just send me to PT anyway." It's my opinion that Dr. Jacoby didn't even listen to the specifics of my issue (believe me, I was clear and detailed...I'd heard that most doctors misdiagnose stress fractures and blow them off as muscle injuries) and chalked it up to whatever was going on with me two years ago. He didn't ask me about my pain level, and flat-out didn't seem to give a rip. I think I saw him for all of three minutes before he walked out. He didn't even say goodbye, say he hoped I was feeling better, or see how it took me three minutes to hobble to the check-out.He did eventually do the MRI order, but I was so upset and irritated that I went looking for another doctor. That doctor got me in three days after this appointment, I got an MRI that day...and three days after that I was diagnosed with a pubic ramus stress fracture. With my new doctor, I didn't have to beg. He was checked-in enough to listen to my symptoms and situation.I will NEVER go back to Dr. Morgan, and have told everyone I know in the immediate area not to go to him either.

January 30th, 2010

I have been to Dr. Morgan's office many times and have recieved top of the notch care each time. He is very sympathetic to how you feel and willing to do whatever it takes to help you feel better. He is also very good at suggesting different physical therepy and surgical options (if you need them) that are in your insurance network. Richard, his P.A. is also very helpful. I would recomend Dr. Morgan above all other Orthopaedics.

September 16th, 2017