Dr. Steven Newman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Newman?

July 6th, 2017

Choose someone else

If you choose him to be your oncologist, be prepared for the following: - Wait time of at least 2 hours - Poor bedside manners, including answering his cell phone during your visit and having conversations with that person - He will learn about you as he reads your chart during your visit. In other words, he does not prepare or know anything about you before walking into your visit - More discussion about politics or other non-medical conversations than your cancer - You will have no knowledge of what blood tests he is having you get done, or what the results even are In short, choose another oncologist.

January 26th, 2017

THE BEST ANYWHERE IN US

I wouldn't let ego or wait time get in the way. If your question isn't answered, say so and he'll slow down. If I didn't get it, he'll pull out a paper and write a diagram to help me understand my tumor, etc. as well as what is going on in the body. He'll stay late or see me at the last minute if I call and ask. The wait time is this: Dr. Newman wants to get absolutely everything handled in my appointment session. When it's your turn, you'll get the same dedication. If you need a referral to other specialists, he'll pick up the phone and call as many as you need while you're in the office, get the doc on the line, ask for a priority, if need be. If you ask, he'll dictate a letter to your insurance company while you're sitting there. The politics of any office often make it seem that it’s uncaring; but rest assured, Dr. Newman truly cares for his patients. Your success is his success. I’d rather have “brilliant” than warm and fuzzy any day when it comes to the best health care.

December 7th, 2016

patient

He's a fine fellow, fine doctor, a nice man.

April 8th, 2015

Calm and reassuring. Knows his stuff and communicates it well.

March 26th, 2015

Dr. Steven B. Newman - Worth the Wait

We were literally "assigned" to Dr. Newman when my husband was diagnosed with cancer. We were told he is "phenomonal and does great things". We waited almost 2 hours for our first appointment which upset us greatly, but after meeting him and talking with him, we were convinced he was the miracle we were looking for. He is compassionate but honest, kind, willing to spend as much time with you as you need. The only drawback is the waiting, but you know that you wait because he's giving another patient the same time and consideration that he'll give you. My husband has had a number of tests and all of the techs, nurses, etc., tell us what a great doctor we have. The whole Oncology group makes us feel like family and we know they all have our backs. I don't know what those negative reviews were all about, but I can't believe its the same doctor....

July 30th, 2013

Review

Not pro active in treatment, average wait time in excess of one hour, very poor communication skills.

July 10th, 2011

Steven is Fantastic

Someone would be hard pressed to find a more dedicated, committed, passionate, sensible oncology MD. I attribute being alive to the good fortune of having met Steven Newman.It would be a mistake to allow little inconveniences like having to wait (because another patient was in crisis or Dr. Newman thought a patient needed more time) get in the way of coming under his care.In addition to being thoroughly knowledgeable and conscientious he is, as human beings go, a prince among men.

August 14th, 2017