A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Balk:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Balk, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hormone-Dependent Cancer
- Mast-Cell Cancer (Mast-Cell Sarcoma)
- Metastatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Balk graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Balk has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Balk accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 5 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven P. Balk practice?
Dr. Steven Balk practices Internal Medicine near Boston, MA.
See Boston Internists.