Dr. Steven Barna MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 14th, 2016
Service and staff members were excellent -----truly kind and professional.. Thank You

September 23rd, 2016
Worst
I had been stuck with FOI for close to an year for my cervical and Lambar pain. They had given me 6 injections on neck and 7 on lower back with no relief. After the last shots Doctor tells me that is best he can offer and i should visit some other doctor!!! When i asked for appointment they tell me to come after a month appointment. Even though i requested i am in pain they tell me go visit urgent care for pain relief? Why should i visit some urgent care for pain relief when i am already visiting them for an year. The patient liasion from FOi mails me that i should visit some doctor who was still a student as per records!! They are worst in the business and have never got anything good from them instead just wasted money and time and so much pain cause of them. NEVER EVER visit them

September 16th, 2016
I had a procedure done at the Surgery Center. Everything was on time and all aspects exceptional.

August 24th, 2016
I had spinal injections yesterday and the entire staff was terrific. Everyone knew their job and did it well!

August 9th, 2016
A great doctor
As soon as Dr. Barna entered the room I knew I would be OK. He's unusual compared to other MDs in that he's engaging, approachable, respectful, friendly, and thorough. He explained his thinking about my case in a language that I could understand and allowed me time to make a decision based on the options. He has a great "bedside" manner and did not rush things while still being efficient with time. In addition, I think he is a good diagnostician.

June 15th, 2016
I was extremely happy with the entire staff involved with all aspects of my procedure. All very professional and courteous. Thank you!

June 13th, 2016
Dr. Barna was very condescending; spoke to my daughter rather than me (the patient). Never introduced himself. Exhibited no compassion as a physician.

May 20th, 2016
As the survey states, this was not my first visit to Dr. Barna, and I have seen him a number of time for chronic back pain. I went to see him yesterday attempting to get clarity on options available to me (fusion surgery had been strongly recommended). After going through my recent x-rays, Dr. Barna indicated that he thought there was going to be surgery in my future but he had another procedure he could try to give me pain relief and delay surgery if it works. I was so relieved to hear that and to have him go through the x-rays, taking time to explain options and differing opinions. I'm giving the radio frequency ablation a try and hoping that it will give me relief (both from pain and the necessity for pain medication) so I can do some more research on various types of lumbar fusion procedures and doctors. Who knows the technology might take a giant leap forward while I'm delaying. I would highly recommend Dr. Barna as an informative and sympathetic physician who actually listens to his patients!

March 1st, 2016
Excellent pain management doctor
I had had several facet blocks and just had an ablation at L-3, L-4. I have had a lot of pain relief and am able to exercise and do my rehab exercises. I really like this doctor- courteous, professional, explains everything, and does not rush through my appointments. I am very comfortable with Dr. Barna and highly recommend him.

January 8th, 2016
Best Spine Specialist in Tampa!
Dr. Barna was really thorough and figured out my diagnosis after all these years of pain. I saw several doctors prior and they were not even close to helping me. I feel confident in his treatment plan and would highly recommend him to anyone with spine pain. Thank you!

January 6th, 2016
great doc!
great care, honest, and really listened to me

November 5th, 2014
Pleasant and Professional
I deal with physicians all the time, as I currently work in the healthcare field. Dr. Barna is by far, the most pleasant and professional phyisican I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with as a paitient. He seems to sincerely care about the pain that I am feeling. He has performed two epidurals on me, which unforunately, did not work, and we have tried physicial therapy as well. I am having him try cortisone shots this month to my lumbar area this month. I am grateful for his help and genuine concern. Florida Orthopaedic Institute is lucky to have him has a staff member. I would reccommend him to anyone. Although he is young, he's very knowledgable, and kind.