Overall Review

September 7th, 2012
Dr. Barrer gave me my life back (no pun) 11 yrs. ago!
Dr. Barrer performed my bulging disk surgery in 2001. I'd been in agony for 5 months. At one pt. walked into dr. offices' virtually crawling. I was impressed that Dr. B didn't immediately want to cut me open, but made sure I'd explored other inital options (pain injections, chiropractor, etc.) He went over everything with me, my options, what he was going to do, the follow-up. And after surgery, both in the hospital & his office, he went over any questions I had about post-surgery care. His staff was also very helpful with any questions I had. My brother ended up using Dr. Barrer for his herniated disk surgery a few years later.

November 3rd, 2010
Excellence
3 years after my from surgery, I still can't say enough good things!

April 16th, 2010
Seems more concerned with litigation than patient health
I had a severely herniated disc in my lower back which required surgery. I had originally consulted with Dr. Yoon who is a partner in Dr. Barrer's practice, and Yoon was going to perform the surgery, but I got switched to Barrer due to a scheduling issue. Barrer performed the surgery, but during my follow-up visit would not acknowledge that the symptoms I was having were caused by my disc herniation. I was having serious problems, which had begun when my injury occurred, and which I had already done enough research on to know that the problem I had was caused by the type of injury I had. I think he was worried that I would sue him because he hadn't performed emergency surgery, which was never my intent.

October 12th, 2009
Surgery was performed on my husband, which resulted in a masive stroke. My husband was healthy when he went in and came out unable to speek, eat, walk or talk. I believe that there was neglect in the operating room. We were misinformed that it was a surgery of the brain that was not that complicated.

April 29th, 2008
Very Poor Follow-up with doctor and extremely poor staff
My wife had a very bad experience with Dr, Barrer and his nurses and nurse prac. After her surgery, she called and was treated as if she were drug seeking which made her afraid to call for anything. After having pain to the point that she could not walk, she was forced to call and was treated once again in a disinterested manor, she was actually told, "you should not be having any pain now", she certainly was not treated as an individual. She was taken to the emergency room near our home and has been being treated for a neurological problem which was causing the pain that was ignored by Dr. Barrer and his staff. She went through a great deal of pain that was totally unnecessary at the hands of these people. Be aware and be warned.

April 15th, 2008
Poor follow up & office staff
I had a very poor experience with this doctor and his staff which resulted in my having severe pain and had to be hospitalized through another emergency room. My complaints and pain were ignored in person and on the phone. After going to the ER, I followed up with my primary and was sent to see a Neurologist and am now having injections for the nerve pain. This all could have been avoided if the doctor and staff had just listened to me and treated me as an individual with a problem.