Dr. Steven Barrett MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

March 9th, 2016
I went to him for over 20 years, but left after I realized he had become careless & uncaring, dismissive of my opinions & had completely misdiagnosed problems I was having. This happened on several occasions. I was told that there was nothing wrong with my back & treated as though I was a hypochondriac by him & his NP's until I INSISTED my back be looked at; I had degenerative disc disease, a herniated disc & scoliosis. He never mentioned it & became even more aloof after that. One late snowy afternoon, I had an allergic reaction to some antibiotics one of the NP's had given me (erroneously, ii turned out), welts & hives everywhere. My car had to be jumped & it took me a long time to get to the office, roads were icy, etc. Because I was late, he made me wait for THREE HOURS, itching, in tears & miserable, in the waiting room, until every other patient had been seen! I was so sick by the time he saw me, my throat was closing, my whole face swollen & I was just leaving to go to the emergency room when they put me in a room - actually scolding me for being late. I could tell that he was shocked at how I looked & quickly ordered 2 injections. He never apologized or mentioned it again, but became even more dismissive when I made a suggestion. Whenever he spoke to me, he looked everywhere except at me - giving me the impression that he wasn't listening to me -- because he wasn't!!! Don't waste your time - he won't care, anyway.

October 15th, 2012
Fine for routine -- Go elsewhere for real health issues
He is fine for routine checkups, common cold, etc. However, if you have serious health issues and need a doctor to take the time and effort to diagnosis the issue and work through it, he is not the doctor. In and out and you are forgotten after the appointment -- there is no follow up and no willingness to engage.I do not recommend him as a doctor.

June 23rd, 2010
Excellent caring attitude and knowledge. Practice well organized and helpful.