Neurologist
Video profile
Multiple Sclerosis Centre of Michigan, P.L.C.
2433 Black River St
Deckerville, MI 48427
(810) 376-2885
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

• Currently 2.4761904761905 of 4 stars
 |  awesome sauce  |  show details
by mel Good on May 21st, 2014

I have been dx'd with ms for almost 13 yrs . I have seen 6 neurologists. I am very impressed with Dr Beall. He is the first Dr to do a complete exam. He talks to me like I am a person not just a number. He found numb areas that I didn't even realize I had. I highly recommend him.

|  Misdiagnosed  |  show details
by Misdiagnosed on Oct 15th, 2013

This doctor diagnosed me with ms and put me on daily shots of copaxone. He told my husband if I didn't treat it I would be in a wheelchair. Turns out I have Lyme disease which I am now treating and am recovering. Thank goodness I stopped the copaxone an d am treating for lyme. My symptoms are disappearing with treatment. I tried to tell this doctor that my symptoms of fatigue and brain fog were constant, but he kept telling me with ms the symptoms go away when the flare is gone. But mine did not. This man didn't listen to me! It was so frustrating! So now three years later I am much, much better. I don't have ms and my lyme is getting better. Also had a CCSVI procedure which helped tremendously.

|  wonderful doctor  |  show details
by michael p on Jul 23rd, 2013

he is a doctor who cares! you will never find another doctor like him!

|  You Believed me  |  show details
by Paulette on Jul 2nd, 2013

Dr. Beall first off would like to say thank you. You believed me when i came to you for help. I have been having symptoms for years. it seems every time some Dr. would tell me i have MS but then no you don't nothing shows in your MRI. How aggravating right away they want you to see a psychiatrist. I'm not imagining how i feel. I came to see you in 2010 you gave me an extensive workup, you used the kurtskye method. 2011 i had another flareup. you sent me to the hospital immediately. I was in for about 3 weeks. I was so surprised that you never followed up with me in the hospital, but knowing your staff you probably didn't even know i was still there. We tried to get me on the oral Gilenya but you know insurance companies,you have to try other things first. Unfortunately because of my cognitive thinking and memory problems we both talked about my decision to take a leave of absence for my job. I had no insurance and i could not get any state aid because i lived with my daughter.After 2 yrs i finally got insurance in April. In the later part of June i Started feeling fatigue, my right foot started dragging, but there was one thing i never had before facial pain. I called the office to make an appointment they said you left the practice, i asked for information but they could give nothing to me. Well my daughter searched on line and found that you went to Deckerville Mich. which is 2 hrs away from us. I asked if she could take a day off work to take me to your new office we had to wait till sometime n July. So we found another neurologist. I took all the tests again MRI, evokes, kept asking if i had a spinal tap kept saying yes, which was the final test that gave you my Diagnosis of MS, you were so compassionate i hope that is one memory i don't forget. The Neuro i went to said i didn't have MS nothing showed up on the MRI. Showed him the records of my spinal tap, didn't matter, told him about the methods you used Kurtzke,. Mcdonalds he did't want to hear it. He said i could get a second opinion. I was very aggravated , then he mentioned to see a psychiatrist. Before a could get an appointment with another Neuro my symptons got worse i noticed a pain in my right eye and a twitching with my lips. Iwaited a couple days. one morning i woke up didn't feel right the right side of my face was drooped. It looked like i had a stroke. My daughter took me Mclaren Macomb was no bleed showing on the CT was relieved. they admitted me so i could see the Neuro on staff there. Turns out he was from your other office gave MRI said nothing showed doesn't think i have MS told him about the spinal tap i had twice which came back positive in 2007 and 2010 oh you may have it in your spinal cord you can come back our practice and see another doctor. i am home now and going to make an appointment with you i am on prednisone for 10 days. I hope you will see me as a patient again. You were the only one that believed me i have been going through this for years. I no its not proven but my brother was diagnoised with MS in his early 20's. I hope you read this and to all the non believers of Dr Steven Beall i'm certainly not one of you. The Man is very educated and has dedicated his life to this complicated disease. my rating for you is from the other office!!! Hope to see you at your new office, Paulette Snarski

|  Awsome!!  |  show details
by Abby Burkett on May 23rd, 2013

No other doctor in my 23yrs has ever been more helpful or caring! Hooorah!!

|  Dr Beall chose to leave, couldn't tell patients per agreement  |  show details
by TCM on Feb 15th, 2013

I'm still a current patient at MNA & I agree the majority of the staff are rude, seemingly uncaring, confused & overworked. Dr. Beall was the only neuro who has ever actually examined me there. Any other neuro has only looked at my MRI results or asked me how I'm feeling. I feel like I'm doing their job & telling what I need for my health. 2 PAs have done actual neuro exams on me since Beall left. For those who claim misdiagnosis, I'm curious what lead you to a neurons office in the first place? Clearly, it was bad enough to go there. We all know are own bodies & should trust our gut. Personally, knowing the nuances of MS, I believe in my diagnosis & Dr. Beall. There are a few PAs, MAs & nurses who are caring enough to help while I figure out what to do next. Dr. Beall is too far for me now, so he isn't an option. At the moment, leaving MNA isn't one either. I don't know where to turn or who to trust. I don't have an answer for my next neuro cuz no MS specialist exists within St. John. What I do believe in is my diagnosis & in Dr. Beall. Don't lash out in fear & doubt. Know Dr. Beall would never want to abandon his patients. In the long run, to be the kind of neuro he wants to be to his patients; a small hiatus & vow of silence was necessary. Patience is a virtue & a dr who will risk so much to be better than the practice he left wanted him to be is priceless.

|  A Questionable Dr.  |  show details
by Paul Garland on Jan 28th, 2013

I had a great experince as his patient in Clinton Twsp. He disappeared unannounced and could not be located. I think that he is questionable because he is very elusive. An MS Dr should not leave his patients since the disease is so mysteriose. I definetly would not recommend him to any MS patients. I have run a support group for 27 yrs.

Oct 27th, 2012

For those of you looking for Dr. Beall, he has recently opened a cllinic in West Branch. At the present time, he sees patients every other Thursday and it isn't too hard to get in to see him. The staff, although a little confused at first is very caring and attentive. You are more than just a number at this office.

|  When you are tired of the run around...Dr Beall will set you straight.  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2012

I read all the prior comments and most issues were of waiting time and staff. I was referred to Dr Beall in 2004 by a well known Neurosurgeon. When all other doctors were scratching there heads, he allowed me to have a name to what I had and meds to help. He stood by me and my family answering questions,listening to problems,while ALWAYS allowing whatever time it took. For that patients would wait longer at the office but having a doctor like him was well worth it. If you want a doctor that will help you and not make you feel like your symptoms are all in your head...see him. A very kind,caring doctor who I miss terribly since he re-located. Thank you Kindly for helping me for all those years Dr. Beall.

|  A quack  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2012

Terrible MD should lose his license misdiagnosed for 6 months received and received unneccessary treatment ..horrible staff.

Doctor's Response

Please see my response to the comment posted 8 Apr 2013 and ask your current neuro to provide a Kurtzke score. Thank you

|  BEALL IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH  |  show details
May 7th, 2012

Dr. Beall is a horrible neurologist. Very uncaring. Office Staff is ridiculous. GO FIND A BETTER DOCTOR! He misdiagnosed me with MS when it's now been proved I never had MS.

|  BEALL = BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2012

Dr. Beall diagnosed me with MS and was treating me for MS. After getting second opinions from two other neurologists, it is 100% certain that I do not and never had MS. Dr. Beall talked me into believing I met the standards of MS, despite clear CSF. I would recommend to anyone who has been treated for MS by Dr. Beall to get a second opinion.Michigan Neurology, where Dr. Beall used to practice, has the worst staff I have ever encountered anywhere. Rude, disrespectful, uncaring, etc. etc. etc.The entire staff should be fired. No patient ever deserves to be treated the way I was.I have found a new Neurologist, at a different location, who is amazing. Good luck to all of Dr. Beall's patients. Be very wary of any MS diagnosis he tries to give you.STAY AWAY from a new site opening soon in Deckerville, MI. It's called the MS Centre of MI, with Dr. Beall the Medical Director. Good grief :/

Doctor's Response

Sorry that your neurologists never read the McDonald's 2010 criteria for the diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis. These criteria as well as McDonald's 2001, 2005 don't require CSF positivity. Hope you are doing well. If you start dragging a leg or go blind, I would be happy to see you. You need to review: McDonald's Criteria for MS 2010. If you go blind, please don't say I didn't warn you. (please see my response to the comment posted 8 Apr 2013. Thank you

|  DR. BEALL consultant EXPERT in Multiple Sclerosis  |  show details
Dec 22nd, 2011

I found Dr.Beall at: www.mscentre.miDirector of the M.S. centre of Michigan, Dr. Beall is serving a very underserved patient population with the Michigan Rural Health Preservation Network.Check Dr.Beall's diagnostic and treatment credentials compared with other money mill operators or self styled "specialists".People--do your research on diagnosticians.

|  Bridget B.  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2011

For those of you disapointed: Dr. Beall specializes in M.S. He was the only one @ MNA that did. I will miss him. After my MRI and L.P. He advised me to start treatment, even before I met my clinical diagnosis(2 1/2 years later). For that I am thankful to him. Some drs. would have waited. That would have been 2 1/2 years of my disease getting worse. I even got a second opinion, which confirmed that Dr. Beall was on the ball! Thank You Dr. Beall

|  I found him  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2011

Those of you interested in Dr. Beall he has opened a new clinic in Deckerville Mi. He cannot except patients that he seen through the Michigan Neurology Associates, it was in the contract he signed

|  Dr is being sued  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2011

According to an article in a July issue of Macomb Daily this doctor is being sued along with three other doctors from the practice.

|  Beware of Dr. Beall  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

Dr. Beall left Michigan Neurology some months ago. To be honest, it has been the best thing in my neurological journey. Beall treated me for MS only. Dr. Voci doubts very much that I have MS. It's possible I dont have any Auto Immune disease at all. Dr. Voci and his PA's are looking at other reasons I have brain lesions. The Office Staff at Michigan Neuro are the worst staff I have EVER encountered. They treat me like crap any time I call. Act all put out that I have bothered their day. I wonder if Dr. Voci truly knows how horrible his staff is.If not for Dr. Voci, certainly, I would seek another Neuro Office.

|  Dr. Beall's location: I think  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2011

4705 Towne Centre RoadSuite 201Saginaw, MI (989)799-2770

|  Where, oh where is he?????  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2011

I share the opinion that he is the best MS Dr. I've ever seen. Worth the wait if he's running late. I also HATE the staff. MNA is a MONEY MILL. They have ZERO regard for patients and are infuriating. No one but Dr. Beall has/had a clue what the F they are doing over there. SOoooo sorry he's MIA. If I have to see a PA who thinks she's hot stuff and knows more than Dr. Beall again, I'm going to lose it. Only problem is, no one else in town seems to have a clue either, from what I'm hearing. Thank God I'm stable right now. If I have a bad exacerbation, I'm in trouble. God help us all. If he resurfaces, I'll drive to Timbuk2 to see him again.

|  How do I start over? Where are you Dr. Beall  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

I really don't know how I'm supposed to start over with another neurologist. I have been with Dr. Beall for 8yrs. now. He is absolutely the best. He is so thorough and doesn't skip a step at each and every visit. I really just feel sick after reading that he is gone from the practice. I was told by the staff and the Dr. that replaced him at my last scheduled appt., that they weren't sure when he would be back. If they are going to out and out lie just about that then how can I trust them. If anyone does find out where he is, PLEASE let me know. Good luck to everyone, it's bad enough having MS but to loose a great Dr. is like having a major flare up.

|  MIS DIAGNOSED!!!! DR BEALL IS A JOKE  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

I HAVE BEEN A PT AT THAT OFFICE FOR MANY YEARS...I HAVE HAD AN MRI ALMOST YEARLY...NOTHING HAS EVER SHOWN UP UNTIL I SAW DR. BEALL... HE SENT ME TO SOME MRI PLACE UP NORTH AND ALL OF A SUDDEN LESIONS STARTED TO SHOW UP IN THE WHITE AND GRAY MATTER OF MY BRAIN...I WAS DEVESTATED WHEN HE SAID I HAD MS..WE STARTED TREATMENTS THAT SEEMED TO MAKE ME FEEL WORSE, HE ASSURED ME IT WAS THE MS AND NOT A SIDE AFFECT... RECENTLY I HAD TO SEE DR. VOCI AND HIS BIG BLONDE HAIRED ASSISTANT...ITS A MIRACLE MY LESIONS ARE GONE....SINCE THERE IS NO CURE FOR MS WHAT HAPPENED.....VOCI WAS KIND ENOUGH TO GO OVER ALL MY PAST MRI'S THAT WERE DONE AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE..THERE WAS ONLY BAD NEWS FROM THE MRI PLACE BEALL REFERRED ME TO...DR BEALL IS A JOKE! NOW I AM IN BILLS UP TO MY ROOF WITH NO MONEY BECAUSE I WAS TO SICK TO WORK.. DO YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE...

Doctor's Response

I found your lesions at the place up north that was missed at MNA. Your lesions were gone perhaps because of the treatment perhaps "miraculously" the lesions disappeared. Hopefully, you will not be afflicted with paralysis, tremors, bladder incontinence, blindness in the future. Please see my comment to the post 8 Apr 2013. Thank you

|  HOW DO I CONTACT DR. BEALL?  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2011

Dr. Beall has been my neurologist for a long time. It's disturbing that no one will tell me what happened to him. I thought he was a good doctor, but would a good doctor just up and leave his established patients? His staff have always been rude and unprofessional, but because I thought Dr. Beall knew his stuff, I put up with their crap. I am at such a loss not knowing what to do next. Appointments with Dr. Voci are always handled by PA's, and trust me, they are NOT neurologists! Where can I go to find another neurologist? I certainly refuse to remain at MI Neurology. Meanwhile, my MS remains untreated by a neurologist, but thankfully, my MS is in remittance.

|  Gone, by his choice...  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2011

Well, Dr. Beall is gone...his choice...and yes, possibly opening his own special place...I just feel he should have contacted his patients. Dr. Voci was great trying to explain what he could about the situation. I am going to stay w/Dr. Voci, and not follow Dr Beall. If his clinic opens, it would not be here on the East Side anyway. I have always found the staff at both offices I go to, very helpful. Understand, it is not there place to explain why Beall is not there...Good luck everyone! MSucks!

Jul 23rd, 2011

I agree that his office staff is rude and does not care about their patients' problems. Dr Beall went "MIA" very soon after my appt with him in mid-May and of course no one in that office will let us know whether or not he is coming back. I have treated with him for a very long time and he is one of the few doctors who know what they are talking about and treats his patients with respect. He knows all there is to know about MS; I went through several neurologists before finding him and even then, he did not diagnose my MS despite lesions on my brain until after months of additional testing.His staff refused to give me an appt after a hospital stay for treatment of a MS flare-up even though he told me they were to add me on even if his schedule was full. I had to wait for my next already-scheduled appt over two months later to see him!!!I called the office in June (and many times afterward) to tell them I have major medical issues which are affecting my MS treatment and medications; they were rude and told me I had to see another doctor, one I had seen as a consult in the hospital and had no intention of ever seeing again!!!I have LOTS of horror stories about what his schedulers and testing departments have put me through, inflicting stress and pain needlessly!!! The long delays in my office visits were because the staff overbooked him and his assistants would make deragotory remarks about him just because he tried to give his patients the time they needed!!The only departments I never had problems with were the MRI and physical therapy ones!!I had always told my husband that if Dr Beall left I would be gone also as he was the only reason I put up with all the misery his staff and other doctors put me through!!!Please let me and everyone else know if and when Dr Beall opens his clinig!!

|  THE MISSING NEUROLOGIST  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2011

This is infuriating. Dr. Beall is no longer with this practice yet no one in the office gives a rip about his patients who are left in the dark.PA's are now taking the place of Dr. Beall. The remaining neurologists wont even face us. Dr. Voci needs to step up and stop giving Dr. Beall's patients the run-a-round.The ENTIRE staff is useless, rude and crass.The Office Manager, if there even is one, should be fired as he or she has no control over the actions of the staff.

Doctor's Response

Please see my comment responding to the post on 8 Apr 2013. Thank you.

|  very suspicious  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2011

I showed up at my last appointment only to be met (not by Dr. Beall) but by a P.A. who was obviously doing major damage control. I was told that I had abnormal results on two MRI's from over a year ago - and this is the first I am hearing of if! I feel like I'm getting the run-around and the staff, in general, is being less than helpful/not accomodating. No compassion - just c.y.a.

|  FINDING BEALL!  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

We were trying to find where his next adventure would take him. We drove around the location where we heard he would reside & didn't see his name. Hopefully all of the legalities go thru quick for starting his own practice. WE WANT TO FIND YOU DR BEALL! WE WILL MENTION IT IN OUR SUPPORT GROUP, IF AND WHEN WE FIND AN ADDRESS & DATE. Dr Beall is worth the wait in GOLD! He cares about his patients.

|  Private Practice  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2011

I have learned that Dr. Beall will be opening his own private practice very soon, called The Multiple Sclerosis Centre of Michigan. Can't wait for this doctor to re-emerge independently!

|  I also ask...where is Dr. Beall?  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

Love my neuro Dr. Beall. Went yesterday for appt., waited over an hour, went to ask why it was taking so long & was told I was seeing a different Dr. Was told that he is on leave...sounds permanent...Hope all is fine w/him...but what about us patients? What is going on?

|  WHERE DID DR. BEALLE GO?  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2011

IVE BEEN TOLD DR. BEALLE IS ON AN INDEFINITE LEAVE OF ABSENCE. WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE DID HE GO? HIS OFFICE OFFERS NOTHING! THE STAFF ALL NEED "NICENESS" LESSONS! WHEREVER; WHATEVER HAPPNED TO DR. BEALL, I HOPE HE IS OK. HE WILL BE MISSED.

May 2nd, 2011

I was referred to a neurologist after my primary doctor was concerned with some symptoms that could be early signs of MS. For my first and second appointment Dr. Beall was wonderful. Knowledgable, thorough, and kind. I've had to wait over a month to get the results for all my tests and diagnosis. I was called today to say Dr. Beall is not available for my appointment tomorrow but I can see a doctor who has never seen me. If I want to see Dr. Beall I'll have to wait another 3 weeks! The staff show absolutely no compassion for the anxiety patients must go through waiting for results and appointments. The desent thing to do would have been to fit me in at the latest for another appointment this week. As another patient mentioned the tremendous amount of patients they see only make you a number, not a human being. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

|  Good doctor but....  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2011

Dr. Beall is a decent doctor. Pros: he seems to care about his patients and spends a decent amount of time per visit. Cons: He doesn't remember patients. I've spent 7 months with Dr. Beall coming in every 2 to 4 weeks and he still doesn't have a clue as to who I am. Asks same questions every visits. He also spends too much time discussing solutions for symptoms I told him I do not have. My main issue is fatigue and Cognitive issues is second. He told me cognitive issues were not an MS Symptom yet it's listed as a symptom on all the MS sites. He is also a bit arrogant and doesn't listen to me. Every appointment he brings up how he is the only neuro who does thourough exams.I'm used to my doctors knowing who I am and respecting my input. I like to play an active role in my treatment plans. If you are the type of patient who thinks doctors are Gods, then he may be for you.

Jan 7th, 2011

dlskgfdokjgsdjkflgd

|  DR. BEALL = AWESOME NEUROLOGIST!  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2010

DR. BEALL GAVE ME A DIAGNOSIS OF MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS RECENTLY WHICH WAS TO ME,A LIFE-CHANGING DISEASE. I WAS CERTAINLY AFRAID OF MY FUTURE. DR. BEALL EXPLAINED EVERYTHING IN TERMS I COULD RELATE TO AND GAVE ME ALL THE TIME I NEEDED DURING APPOINTMENTS.HIS BEDSIDE MANNER IS VERY CALM, KIND AND GENTLE.HIS KNOWLEDGE IS SECOND TO NONE AND HAS WRITTEN AND PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS.I FEEL BLESSED THAT I WAS DIRECTED TO DR. BEALL.

|  just my opinion...education...knowledge...amazing doc....toooo many patients....too little time to know you...??? depends on what you need as a patient  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2009

he has the education...the experience...the bed side manner...***but we had way to many repeat conversations!!...missing files!! wanted to repeat tests that had been done that we had talked about repeatedly*****he seemed to forgot who I was btw visits and apparently to refresh himself by reading the chart before coming into the room! dismissed symptoms that were very troublesome to me without explaination to me...maybe not a big deal or nothing that could be done about them but...shouldn't have been dissmissed without comment** seemed to me he had to many patients and not enough time?? just my opinion

Jul 31st, 2009

I think Dr.Beall is wonderful doctor. I have recommended him to other people in my family with MS. He immediatley found my left side weakness and then set up lots of other testing. My family doctor said nothing was wrong with me but I knew there was. Dr. Beall reassured me that I was not imagining my symtoms. My father's neurologist that he is treating him for his MS never told him about streching, massaging, or strength testing. I think that is important. I have not been diagnosed with MS, but I am been treated for it. I am thankful that it was caught so early.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by R. Garcia on May 29th, 2009

Dr. Beall is very knowledgeable about MS. He is one of the best Dr.'s I have been treated by. I strongly recommend him to anyone who may have MS.

by Autumn Roberts on Dec 15th, 2008

Dr.Beall is jem to his profession.