How can I get in touch with Dr. Beall? show details How can I get in touch with Dr. Beall?
Sep 29th, 2016

I have been attempting to contact Dr. Beall's office with no avail. Please someone tell what does it takes to talk to a human being and not a 1970s answering machine. Someone's health and well being lies in the balance. I do not understand how a practice can operate like this.

Do not trust!! show details Do not trust!!
Sep 20th, 2016

I started to see this Dr. Over 1 year ago. When I first started to see him I was diagnosed with Clinically Isolated syndrome. A few months later MS was confirmed. In the beginning I had trust that I was in his best interest being the patient. But as time has went on I have really lost my trust and it's hard for me to even see him now. He's always late, keeps you waiting while he's walking around trying to figure out what he is doing.. on one of my visits while I was speaking to him he gets up and starts walking away to talk on the phone. Very unorganized individual. I thought that was so read, especially on a day when I'm already upset and have anxiety about this flare up that I have had for months that the medication is not working. He really has started to make me wonder about his experience. I feel like he doesn't explain about the medications for MS. He treats it as if I have all the time in the world to wait. It's not a candy selection we are talking about its Drug Therapy for MS. Lately I have left feeling upset & clueless on what the heck is he doing. Maybe he's wasting my time and just using his patients as ginny pigs, I'm am not interested in that. I want honest answers and some feeling of me understanding and trust. I want to leave my visit feeling confident, and to be honest I don't think I ever did looking back on it now. This office he works at seems very secretive, he is not even listed at all at this location, seems very odd!!!! No wonder why he is not busy there, nobody can find him!!!! Just beware, I wouldn't recommend him now!! When I read the reviews 8 months ago, I should have listened to my gut instincts that some of the things patients said was not lies.... I guess i wanted to believe that I was seeing a great Dr. I was wrong. Too much guessing.

Good Doctor show details Good Doctor
by Trla on Jun 23rd, 2016

Works diligently to provide proper diagnosis, treatment, and care.

He just keeps searching till he finds the truth show details He just keeps searching till he finds the truth
by Tammy Harris-Thomas on May 26th, 2016

Dr Beall was the first Dr. to actually listen to what was going on with me and do a complete work up and not just hand me a perscription for more drugs and send me on my way. He took the time to do multiple test to get to the source of what was going on, that is how he and Dr Jankowski found the two lesions and the TBI on my brain. He then started me on Betaseron which has given me my life back, I still have a bad day here and there but at least it isn't a bad day everyday like most of the last 39 years. Thank you Dr. Beall for listening and caring enough to keep digging to find the real problem.

The Best Specialist I know show details The Best Specialist I know
by Erman Carlton Lane on May 23rd, 2016

I was a patient of Bealls for two yrs. I was very happy with Dr. Beall and his knowledge of on and about MS. I was diagnosed seven yrs prior by dr naqeub. All he was doing was pumping me full of cordazone shots. No less than six injections every two wks. On top of it all, I never received copies of diagnosed confermation of MS. Dr Beall did all the test MRIs and cat scans. Him and his staff was always there helping me through the strange painful discomforts of living with MS. Dr. Beall and his staff became my friends. They all will be dear missed. Now that I'm living in Texas. I'm back on the search for another great MS specialist.

Head Doc. show details Head Doc.
by Jennifer on Mar 4th, 2016

Dr. Beal is everything I need to get through this. He listens and respects my intelligence which makes it easy to do the same.

H2O show details H2O
by Rosebud63 on Feb 26th, 2016

Thank U Ste'phane for guidance on a better diet. I drink a half of gallon of water a day and I eat a apple 🍎 for breakfast.I have lost a lot of weight and I feel better about myself and now I am most definitely ready for my soul mate with complete confidence!?

by Marianne McEachern on Dec 28th, 2015

I was shocked, appalled, and dismayed to learn Dr. Beall had misdiagnosed me as having relapsing and remitting multiple sclerosis. After having adverse reactions to two different drugs, I sought a second opinion from U of M neurology clinic. I was told I had no neurologic disease and I showed no signs of having MS

rosebud63 show details rosebud63
Aug 13th, 2015

First I'm diagnosed with clinically isolated syndrome,then the following year I'm diagnosed with MS,while being treated with Betaseaon shots.Now my second year of treatment I'm told the illness and myself are doing great.Then why have a spiraled down hill from a single cane to a quad cane and now sadly to a walker and in bed 24/7.Every month this year I've begged for help but sadly I was just sent out the door to only become slowly paralyzed!

by Debbie on Jul 17th, 2015

Very caring doctor, The only fault I can find is the ease in which to get a hold of anyone in the office or return of phone calls are just about non existent. He needs more than one person working in his office. After all that too is part of patient care

Jul 2nd, 2015

I like Dr. Beall but his assitant will not return several calls I've left over a period of months. This is not the first time since shes started working for him I've had troubles. I've addressed it with doctor and he basically excused her. CALL PEOPLE BACK?? Why is this so complicated???

EXCELLENT DOCTOR! show details EXCELLENT DOCTOR!
Jun 13th, 2015

I could not have asked for a better doctor. Dr. Beall is so professional and wonderful!

life show details life
May 28th, 2015

Dr.Bealls MA in West Branch is not very friendly,courteous,even seen her glare at a patient.Health professionals say she never answers phone and will not call them back.Texting on her phone is more important while she is at work! How can the same test be done in office everytime I go in.That is; walking 3 steps in very small room,and can easily grab onto something if loose balance,it's also security.In the real world there's not a chair,counter etc. to grab onto when u are trying to walk.Dr.should have patients walk down hallway to judge them on how they are doing.Dr.transfer's patients from one room to another to watch u walk a few steps while u are using wall for support with free hand,arm.I was told that I would be better in 1 yr.It's been 1-1/2 years and I feel worse now than the first day I went in to see the Dr.Is it possible there is something else wrong with me? Betaseaon is not working for me,I was told it us the best medicine for me.I was also told by another health professional that I should of had a 2nd.MRI,Dr.when asked said it wasn't necessary! As far as bedside manner,Dr.needs to be polished! Some Dr.'s still personally call patients with lab results and concerns,his own M.A. In W.B. Won't call u even if Dr.tells her to.

May 27th, 2015

The Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist: Does her best, with being the only employee for TWO of Dr. Bealls offices. I've watched her on many occasions. She checks patients in&out, rooms them, takes their vitals, schedules them, answers the phone-when its at all possible-exams patients with Dr Beall, answers patients questions and listens to their concerns, schedules testing and gets insurance authorizations for medicines and tests and still manages to do it ALL with a smile on her face even though she is extremely overloaded with the patient flow. How many of us could keep up with all of that on our best day??? She's NOT incompetent....she's too BUSY to be incompetant. Dr Beall: Is a very caring doctor who takes as much time with one patient as he does the next. One can never know the unexpected news they will be getting and how the patients will handle it, good or bad. (I know that from personal experience.) You show me a doctors office that deals with such a complicated disease and gets patients in and out any faster....It doesn't exist. They are BOTH doing a great job and are BOTH great caregivers.

thanks dr beall show details thanks dr beall
by daniel aube on May 6th, 2015

I was lost seeing doctors for years they àcted like it was in my head . He is vary personable spends as much time as needed with me . I don't mind the wait for a great dr. I know something was wrong with me dr beall was serious and got right to it . I'm still new to ms but I'm up for the fight . I'm glad dr beall is my dr. I would recomend him to anyone .thank you dr beall

Overworked Staff Hurts Health Care. show details Overworked Staff Hurts Health Care.
by A.P. on Apr 11th, 2015

This doctor is missing a primary function of patient care: having enough staff to take on the patient load. I spent two hours in the waiting room (with a LOT of other patients who had been waiting as long) while his assistant tried to answer calls, check in patients, schedule procedures, take vitals, AND be in on each complete exam as the control subject to compare to patients. I feel bad for her; I think she's his only staff there and has so many jobs to do that it would be impossible to keep up. I have no doubt that she is trying her best, but the care would improve if someone could even return phone calls in a timely manner. Weeks to schedule testing, or even get phonecalls returned!

HORRIBLE STAFF decent doctor show details HORRIBLE STAFF decent doctor
by Nick on Apr 8th, 2015

I have been calling, leaving messages and trying to schedule a follow up appointment (which I was told I needed) for over three and a half months now. His receptionist absolutely does not answer the phone nor does she return anyones calls, it's terrible. I've called at least 15 times in the last 4 months and never have I received a phone call back.

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Incompetent receptionist show details Incompetent receptionist
Apr 4th, 2015

Dr. Beall is a good doctor. He just needs to hire a receptionist who knows what she is doing and can actually answer a phone or return phone calls. Patient care suffers because of the incompetence of this receptionist. If this office was my first experience with Dr. Beall, I would be looking for a new neurologist. He needs to find new help.

Excellent doctor! show details Excellent doctor!
Mar 11th, 2015

Compassionate & very professional! I'm so thankful for him.

Feb 23rd, 2015

He diagnoses wrong !!!!

Feb 13th, 2015

The doctor is great the receptionist Does not answer the phone.

LOUSY Neurologist!! Warning! Warning! show details LOUSY Neurologist!! Warning! Warning!
by Name Withheld on Dec 30th, 2014

Trust me when I say he sucks wind big time. What a lousy neurologist. This page won't let me give a negative score, so I just gave the lowest ones allowed. I actually have my primary care provider prescribing my meds, and I am doing better than I EVER did under this quack's care. Oh, and if you decide you don't want to see him anymore, beware the dire warnings he gives you and I quote "If you start dragging a leg or go blind, don't say I didn't warn you...." What doctor actually says that???? What a p.o.s.... The guidelines actually say I can't use profanity.... What a shame because this review would be a LOT more colorful if I could. He sucks.

Wonderful and caring show details Wonderful and caring
by Brandie R on Oct 10th, 2014

I have had epilepsy for many years and have seen many doctors who would put me on meds that seemed to make the seizures less but never go away. Finally i met dr. Beall for the most part my seizures have stopped due to treatment instead of every week or at times every day I am having them every few months and for me that's a huge accomplishment. Thank you so much Dr. Beall for knowing what you are doing and for helping :-)

awesome sauce show details awesome sauce
by mel Good on May 21st, 2014

I have been dx'd with ms for almost 13 yrs . I have seen 6 neurologists. I am very impressed with Dr Beall. He is the first Dr to do a complete exam. He talks to me like I am a person not just a number. He found numb areas that I didn't even realize I had. I highly recommend him.

Misdiagnosed show details Misdiagnosed
by Misdiagnosed on Oct 15th, 2013

This doctor diagnosed me with ms and put me on daily shots of copaxone. He told my husband if I didn't treat it I would be in a wheelchair. Turns out I have Lyme disease which I am now treating and am recovering. Thank goodness I stopped the copaxone an d am treating for lyme. My symptoms are disappearing with treatment. I tried to tell this doctor that my symptoms of fatigue and brain fog were constant, but he kept telling me with ms the symptoms go away when the flare is gone. But mine did not. This man didn't listen to me! It was so frustrating! So now three years later I am much, much better. I don't have ms and my lyme is getting better. Also had a CCSVI procedure which helped tremendously.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
wonderful doctor show details wonderful doctor
by michael p on Jul 23rd, 2013

he is a doctor who cares! you will never find another doctor like him!

Awsome!! show details Awsome!!
by Abby Burkett on May 23rd, 2013

No other doctor in my 23yrs has ever been more helpful or caring! Hooorah!!

Total scam show details Total scam
by Job on Apr 8th, 2013

In response to the latest letter written praising Dr.beall iw as not only misdiagnosed was told to take interfon which is traumatic and hospitals MRI records show no lesions ever existed must, must get another neuro U,of M fabulous beware seriously

Mark as Helpful  | 14 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Doctor's Response

This is Dr. Steven Beall. I am now the Director and C.E.O. of the Multiple Sclerosis Centre of Michigan, P.L.C. I have had a chance to look at all of your comments and would now like to respond to them. First of all, I wish to thank all who have responded positively. Thank you soo much TCM for finally setting the record straight. On the 16th of May, 2011, I resigned from my former group Michigan Neurology Associates because I wanted to focus on stopping the disease I was trained to fight starting with seven years of fellowships (National Institutes of Health and the California Institute of Technology, continuing as a faculty member at the University of British Columbia (UBC), home of the largest MS Centre in the world, and most recently building a practice of 1500 CIS and MS patients. Up until this point in time (16 May 2011), although I was intensely involved in caring for patients with strokes and other neurological diseases I realized it was taking time away from my devotion to the diagnosis and cure of MS, so I decided to start my own company: the Multiple Sclerosis Centre of Michigan. My previous contract prohibited me from treating or contacting the patients of my former practice for three years (this is known as a non-compete clause and is typical in the field. For the 1500 patients I have taken care of in the past, I am still very concerned about you. I think of you all of the time and my heart aches for you. I also wish to thank all of the patients who have made the trek to my Northern and Eastern Michigan clinics hoping to see me again but only to be turned away because of the non-competes which will soon expire. I hope the above can at least help the patients who wrote negative comments about me because I was no longer available. I know you are hurt, scared, and thus angry. The earlier comment from TCM expresses it beautifully in her last sentence of why I left. The non-compete expires on 17 May 2014. Next, I would like to address the comments about alleged misdiagnosis. Clearly, you are confused. Since 1983, I have had the fortune to be trained and associate with the best in the world at diagnosis and treatment of MS, first at the NIH, then at Cal Tech, and then the University of British Columbia. (UBC) We performed the first drug trials for MS at the NIH and UBC. For 20 years, I was surrounded by experts in the field as detailed in my bio on my website: www.mscentremi.com. I basically "grew up" with the criteria for diagnosis of MS. As a consequence, I learned after doing around 50,000 exams and Kurtzke scores precisely the same way every time to pick up the first signs on the neuro exam and MRI of MS and thus stop it in its tracks. For all of my patients who have had a seed of doubt planted in their minds about misdiagnosis and for those who wish to learn more about their correct diagnosis, I urge you to go the library and have the librarian copy this article for you. It was written my my Canadian friends (I spent 10 years in Canada) who are especially adept at the neuro exam since they are not as enamoured by the technology as the US neurologists. They are rightly so more hands on and spend more time with the patients and thus discover the disease earlier and hence can actually make a difference at that point. The article is entitled MS, MRI, and the 2010 McDonald Criteria: A Canadian Expert Commentary. The reference for the librarian is Neurology, Volume 29, Number 23, Supplement 2, December 4, 2012. www.neurology.org. It reviews all of the criteria I have used to make your diagnosis. Please remember that for many of you patients who have CIS (clinically isolated syndrome) I have treated you with the interferons and Copaxone because we have known since 2000 that this "vaccinates" you from getting MS. I often found it does stop the disease in its tracks and lesions DO go away. It doesn't mean you have MS. CIS is also discussed in the article. The CHAMPS, BENEFIT, and PRECISE trials discuss the "vaccination of CIS" Please copy this article and give it to your present neurologist, ask for a copy of all of my office notes and ask him to compare my office notes to this article and tell you why you don't have the diagnosis based on this article and my notes. To the comments re: MRI showing no lesions: As the article explains on page S3, only two lesions measuring at least 3 mm are needed to now satisfy space if in the appropriate areas. Unless one uses a specific 3 mm gapless axial/sagital colocalization protocol one will miss these lesions. Also it requires conscience searching for the first lesions which often hide under the anterior tips of the frontal horns (which is needed to prescribe treatment for CIS according to the CHAMPS, BENEFIT, and PRECISE trials. These lesions are often overlooked. The juxtacortical areas are also overlooked because they are inappropriately ascribed to chronic white matter changes if the patient is middle aged or older. Finally, MS is a clinical diagnosis as Don Paty used to emphasize. As the article illustrates, the first attack has to be documented on the neuro exam. My experience of doing around 50,000 exams has taught me that the first part of the nervous system to show the first signs of MS is weakness of about 18 different muscles starting at the fingers and toes. ALL of my patients can attest to the fact that every examination I performed on them tested weakness in these 18 muscles. Patients who have contacted me wishing to be treated by me again have the same complaint: Dr. Beall, my other neuro never touches me. I would urge all of the patients who have doubt about their diagnosis please ask their neurologist to give them their Kurtzke score. I hope the foregoing addresses all of the past comments :) thank you very much Steven Beall, M.D. Director and C.E.O. Multiple Sclerosis Centre of Michigan, P.L.C. www.mscentremi.com

Dr Beall chose to leave, couldn't tell patients per agreement show details Dr Beall chose to leave, couldn't tell patients per agreement
by TCM on Feb 15th, 2013

I'm still a current patient at MNA & I agree the majority of the staff are rude, seemingly uncaring, confused & overworked. Dr. Beall was the only neuro who has ever actually examined me there. Any other neuro has only looked at my MRI results or asked me how I'm feeling. I feel like I'm doing their job & telling what I need for my health. 2 PAs have done actual neuro exams on me since Beall left. For those who claim misdiagnosis, I'm curious what lead you to a neurons office in the first place? Clearly, it was bad enough to go there. We all know are own bodies & should trust our gut. Personally, knowing the nuances of MS, I believe in my diagnosis & Dr. Beall. There are a few PAs, MAs & nurses who are caring enough to help while I figure out what to do next. Dr. Beall is too far for me now, so he isn't an option. At the moment, leaving MNA isn't one either. I don't know where to turn or who to trust. I don't have an answer for my next neuro cuz no MS specialist exists within St. John. What I do believe in is my diagnosis & in Dr. Beall. Don't lash out in fear & doubt. Know Dr. Beall would never want to abandon his patients. In the long run, to be the kind of neuro he wants to be to his patients; a small hiatus & vow of silence was necessary. Patience is a virtue & a dr who will risk so much to be better than the practice he left wanted him to be is priceless.

A Questionable Dr. show details A Questionable Dr.
by Paul Garland on Jan 28th, 2013

I had a great experince as his patient in Clinton Twsp. He disappeared unannounced and could not be located. I think that he is questionable because he is very elusive. An MS Dr should not leave his patients since the disease is so mysteriose. I definetly would not recommend him to any MS patients. I have run a support group for 27 yrs.

Oct 27th, 2012

For those of you looking for Dr. Beall, he has recently opened a cllinic in West Branch. At the present time, he sees patients every other Thursday and it isn't too hard to get in to see him. The staff, although a little confused at first is very caring and attentive. You are more than just a number at this office.

When you are tired of the run around...Dr Beall will set you straight. show details When you are tired of the run around...Dr Beall will set you straight.
Oct 7th, 2012

I read all the prior comments and most issues were of waiting time and staff. I was referred to Dr Beall in 2004 by a well known Neurosurgeon. When all other doctors were scratching there heads, he allowed me to have a name to what I had and meds to help. He stood by me and my family answering questions,listening to problems,while ALWAYS allowing whatever time it took. For that patients would wait longer at the office but having a doctor like him was well worth it. If you want a doctor that will help you and not make you feel like your symptoms are all in your head...see him. A very kind,caring doctor who I miss terribly since he re-located. Thank you Kindly for helping me for all those years Dr. Beall.

A quack show details A quack
Jun 11th, 2012

Terrible MD should lose his license misdiagnosed for 6 months received and received unneccessary treatment ..horrible staff.

Doctor's Response

Please see my response to the comment posted 8 Apr 2013 and ask your current neuro to provide a Kurtzke score. Thank you

BEALL IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH show details BEALL IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH
May 7th, 2012

Dr. Beall is a horrible neurologist. Very uncaring. Office Staff is ridiculous. GO FIND A BETTER DOCTOR! He misdiagnosed me with MS when it's now been proved I never had MS.

BEALL = BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH show details BEALL = BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH
Jan 11th, 2012

Dr. Beall diagnosed me with MS and was treating me for MS. After getting second opinions from two other neurologists, it is 100% certain that I do not and never had MS. Dr. Beall talked me into believing I met the standards of MS, despite clear CSF. I would recommend to anyone who has been treated for MS by Dr. Beall to get a second opinion.Michigan Neurology, where Dr. Beall used to practice, has the worst staff I have ever encountered anywhere. Rude, disrespectful, uncaring, etc. etc. etc.The entire staff should be fired. No patient ever deserves to be treated the way I was.I have found a new Neurologist, at a different location, who is amazing. Good luck to all of Dr. Beall's patients. Be very wary of any MS diagnosis he tries to give you.STAY AWAY from a new site opening soon in Deckerville, MI. It's called the MS Centre of MI, with Dr. Beall the Medical Director. Good grief :/

Doctor's Response

Sorry that your neurologists never read the McDonald's 2010 criteria for the diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis. These criteria as well as McDonald's 2001, 2005 don't require CSF positivity. Hope you are doing well. If you start dragging a leg or go blind, I would be happy to see you. You need to review: McDonald's Criteria for MS 2010. If you go blind, please don't say I didn't warn you. (please see my response to the comment posted 8 Apr 2013. Thank you

DR. BEALL consultant EXPERT in Multiple Sclerosis show details DR. BEALL consultant EXPERT in Multiple Sclerosis
Dec 22nd, 2011

I found Dr.Beall at: www.mscentre.miDirector of the M.S. centre of Michigan, Dr. Beall is serving a very underserved patient population with the Michigan Rural Health Preservation Network.Check Dr.Beall's diagnostic and treatment credentials compared with other money mill operators or self styled "specialists".People--do your research on diagnosticians.

Bridget B. show details Bridget B.
Dec 15th, 2011

For those of you disapointed: Dr. Beall specializes in M.S. He was the only one @ MNA that did. I will miss him. After my MRI and L.P. He advised me to start treatment, even before I met my clinical diagnosis(2 1/2 years later). For that I am thankful to him. Some drs. would have waited. That would have been 2 1/2 years of my disease getting worse. I even got a second opinion, which confirmed that Dr. Beall was on the ball! Thank You Dr. Beall

Beware of Dr. Beall show details Beware of Dr. Beall
Oct 5th, 2011

Dr. Beall left Michigan Neurology some months ago. To be honest, it has been the best thing in my neurological journey. Beall treated me for MS only. Dr. Voci doubts very much that I have MS. It's possible I dont have any Auto Immune disease at all. Dr. Voci and his PA's are looking at other reasons I have brain lesions. The Office Staff at Michigan Neuro are the worst staff I have EVER encountered. They treat me like crap any time I call. Act all put out that I have bothered their day. I wonder if Dr. Voci truly knows how horrible his staff is.If not for Dr. Voci, certainly, I would seek another Neuro Office.

Please see my response to the comment posted 8 Apr 2013. Thank you.

Where, oh where is he????? show details Where, oh where is he?????
Aug 23rd, 2011

I share the opinion that he is the best MS Dr. I've ever seen. Worth the wait if he's running late. I also HATE the staff. MNA is a MONEY MILL. They have ZERO regard for patients and are infuriating. No one but Dr. Beall has/had a clue what the F they are doing over there. SOoooo sorry he's MIA. If I have to see a PA who thinks she's hot stuff and knows more than Dr. Beall again, I'm going to lose it. Only problem is, no one else in town seems to have a clue either, from what I'm hearing. Thank God I'm stable right now. If I have a bad exacerbation, I'm in trouble. God help us all. If he resurfaces, I'll drive to Timbuk2 to see him again.

How do I start over? Where are you Dr. Beall show details How do I start over? Where are you Dr. Beall
Aug 4th, 2011

I really don't know how I'm supposed to start over with another neurologist. I have been with Dr. Beall for 8yrs. now. He is absolutely the best. He is so thorough and doesn't skip a step at each and every visit. I really just feel sick after reading that he is gone from the practice. I was told by the staff and the Dr. that replaced him at my last scheduled appt., that they weren't sure when he would be back. If they are going to out and out lie just about that then how can I trust them. If anyone does find out where he is, PLEASE let me know. Good luck to everyone, it's bad enough having MS but to loose a great Dr. is like having a major flare up.

MIS DIAGNOSED!!!! DR BEALL IS A JOKE show details MIS DIAGNOSED!!!! DR BEALL IS A JOKE
Aug 4th, 2011

I HAVE BEEN A PT AT THAT OFFICE FOR MANY YEARS...I HAVE HAD AN MRI ALMOST YEARLY...NOTHING HAS EVER SHOWN UP UNTIL I SAW DR. BEALL... HE SENT ME TO SOME MRI PLACE UP NORTH AND ALL OF A SUDDEN LESIONS STARTED TO SHOW UP IN THE WHITE AND GRAY MATTER OF MY BRAIN...I WAS DEVESTATED WHEN HE SAID I HAD MS..WE STARTED TREATMENTS THAT SEEMED TO MAKE ME FEEL WORSE, HE ASSURED ME IT WAS THE MS AND NOT A SIDE AFFECT... RECENTLY I HAD TO SEE DR. VOCI AND HIS BIG BLONDE HAIRED ASSISTANT...ITS A MIRACLE MY LESIONS ARE GONE....SINCE THERE IS NO CURE FOR MS WHAT HAPPENED.....VOCI WAS KIND ENOUGH TO GO OVER ALL MY PAST MRI'S THAT WERE DONE AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE..THERE WAS ONLY BAD NEWS FROM THE MRI PLACE BEALL REFERRED ME TO...DR BEALL IS A JOKE! NOW I AM IN BILLS UP TO MY ROOF WITH NO MONEY BECAUSE I WAS TO SICK TO WORK.. DO YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE...

Doctor's Response

I found your lesions at the place up north that was missed at MNA. Your lesions were gone perhaps because of the treatment perhaps "miraculously" the lesions disappeared. Hopefully, you will not be afflicted with paralysis, tremors, bladder incontinence, blindness in the future. Please see my comment to the post 8 Apr 2013. Thank you

HOW DO I CONTACT DR. BEALL? show details HOW DO I CONTACT DR. BEALL?
Jul 24th, 2011

Dr. Beall has been my neurologist for a long time. It's disturbing that no one will tell me what happened to him. I thought he was a good doctor, but would a good doctor just up and leave his established patients? His staff have always been rude and unprofessional, but because I thought Dr. Beall knew his stuff, I put up with their crap. I am at such a loss not knowing what to do next. Appointments with Dr. Voci are always handled by PA's, and trust me, they are NOT neurologists! Where can I go to find another neurologist? I certainly refuse to remain at MI Neurology. Meanwhile, my MS remains untreated by a neurologist, but thankfully, my MS is in remittance.

Please see my response to the comment posted 8 Apr 2013. Thank you.

Gone, by his choice... show details Gone, by his choice...
Jul 24th, 2011

Well, Dr. Beall is gone...his choice...and yes, possibly opening his own special place...I just feel he should have contacted his patients. Dr. Voci was great trying to explain what he could about the situation. I am going to stay w/Dr. Voci, and not follow Dr Beall. If his clinic opens, it would not be here on the East Side anyway. I have always found the staff at both offices I go to, very helpful. Understand, it is not there place to explain why Beall is not there...Good luck everyone! MSucks!

THE MISSING NEUROLOGIST show details THE MISSING NEUROLOGIST
Jul 14th, 2011

This is infuriating. Dr. Beall is no longer with this practice yet no one in the office gives a rip about his patients who are left in the dark.PA's are now taking the place of Dr. Beall. The remaining neurologists wont even face us. Dr. Voci needs to step up and stop giving Dr. Beall's patients the run-a-round.The ENTIRE staff is useless, rude and crass.The Office Manager, if there even is one, should be fired as he or she has no control over the actions of the staff.

Doctor's Response

Please see my comment responding to the post on 8 Apr 2013. Thank you.

very suspicious show details very suspicious
Jul 14th, 2011

I showed up at my last appointment only to be met (not by Dr. Beall) but by a P.A. who was obviously doing major damage control. I was told that I had abnormal results on two MRI's from over a year ago - and this is the first I am hearing of if! I feel like I'm getting the run-around and the staff, in general, is being less than helpful/not accomodating. No compassion - just c.y.a.

Please see my response to the comment posted 8 Apr 2013. Thank you.

FINDING BEALL! show details FINDING BEALL!
Jul 6th, 2011

We were trying to find where his next adventure would take him. We drove around the location where we heard he would reside & didn't see his name. Hopefully all of the legalities go thru quick for starting his own practice. WE WANT TO FIND YOU DR BEALL! WE WILL MENTION IT IN OUR SUPPORT GROUP, IF AND WHEN WE FIND AN ADDRESS & DATE. Dr Beall is worth the wait in GOLD! He cares about his patients.

Private Practice show details Private Practice
Jul 1st, 2011

I have learned that Dr. Beall will be opening his own private practice very soon, called The Multiple Sclerosis Centre of Michigan. Can't wait for this doctor to re-emerge independently!

I also ask...where is Dr. Beall? show details I also ask...where is Dr. Beall?
Jun 22nd, 2011

Love my neuro Dr. Beall. Went yesterday for appt., waited over an hour, went to ask why it was taking so long & was told I was seeing a different Dr. Was told that he is on leave...sounds permanent...Hope all is fine w/him...but what about us patients? What is going on?

WHERE DID DR. BEALLE GO? show details WHERE DID DR. BEALLE GO?
Jun 5th, 2011

IVE BEEN TOLD DR. BEALLE IS ON AN INDEFINITE LEAVE OF ABSENCE. WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE DID HE GO? HIS OFFICE OFFERS NOTHING! THE STAFF ALL NEED "NICENESS" LESSONS! WHEREVER; WHATEVER HAPPNED TO DR. BEALL, I HOPE HE IS OK. HE WILL BE MISSED.

May 2nd, 2011

I was referred to a neurologist after my primary doctor was concerned with some symptoms that could be early signs of MS. For my first and second appointment Dr. Beall was wonderful. Knowledgable, thorough, and kind. I've had to wait over a month to get the results for all my tests and diagnosis. I was called today to say Dr. Beall is not available for my appointment tomorrow but I can see a doctor who has never seen me. If I want to see Dr. Beall I'll have to wait another 3 weeks! The staff show absolutely no compassion for the anxiety patients must go through waiting for results and appointments. The desent thing to do would have been to fit me in at the latest for another appointment this week. As another patient mentioned the tremendous amount of patients they see only make you a number, not a human being. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Good doctor but.... show details Good doctor but....
Jan 16th, 2011

Dr. Beall is a decent doctor. Pros: he seems to care about his patients and spends a decent amount of time per visit. Cons: He doesn't remember patients. I've spent 7 months with Dr. Beall coming in every 2 to 4 weeks and he still doesn't have a clue as to who I am. Asks same questions every visits. He also spends too much time discussing solutions for symptoms I told him I do not have. My main issue is fatigue and Cognitive issues is second. He told me cognitive issues were not an MS Symptom yet it's listed as a symptom on all the MS sites. He is also a bit arrogant and doesn't listen to me. Every appointment he brings up how he is the only neuro who does thourough exams.I'm used to my doctors knowing who I am and respecting my input. I like to play an active role in my treatment plans. If you are the type of patient who thinks doctors are Gods, then he may be for you.

DR. BEALL = AWESOME NEUROLOGIST! show details DR. BEALL = AWESOME NEUROLOGIST!
Dec 26th, 2010

DR. BEALL GAVE ME A DIAGNOSIS OF MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS RECENTLY WHICH WAS TO ME,A LIFE-CHANGING DISEASE. I WAS CERTAINLY AFRAID OF MY FUTURE. DR. BEALL EXPLAINED EVERYTHING IN TERMS I COULD RELATE TO AND GAVE ME ALL THE TIME I NEEDED DURING APPOINTMENTS.HIS BEDSIDE MANNER IS VERY CALM, KIND AND GENTLE.HIS KNOWLEDGE IS SECOND TO NONE AND HAS WRITTEN AND PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS.I FEEL BLESSED THAT I WAS DIRECTED TO DR. BEALL.

just my opinion...education...knowledge...amazing doc....toooo many patients....too little time to know you...??? depends on what you need as a patient show details just my opinion...education...knowledge...amazing doc....toooo many patients....too little time to know you...??? depends on what you need as a patient
Nov 2nd, 2009

he has the education...the experience...the bed side manner...***but we had way to many repeat conversations!!...missing files!! wanted to repeat tests that had been done that we had talked about repeatedly*****he seemed to forgot who I was btw visits and apparently to refresh himself by reading the chart before coming into the room! dismissed symptoms that were very troublesome to me without explaination to me...maybe not a big deal or nothing that could be done about them but...shouldn't have been dissmissed without comment** seemed to me he had to many patients and not enough time?? just my opinion

Jul 31st, 2009

I think Dr.Beall is wonderful doctor. I have recommended him to other people in my family with MS. He immediatley found my left side weakness and then set up lots of other testing. My family doctor said nothing was wrong with me but I knew there was. Dr. Beall reassured me that I was not imagining my symtoms. My father's neurologist that he is treating him for his MS never told him about streching, massaging, or strength testing. I think that is important. I have not been diagnosed with MS, but I am been treated for it. I am thankful that it was caught so early.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by R. Garcia on May 29th, 2009

Dr. Beall is very knowledgeable about MS. He is one of the best Dr.'s I have been treated by. I strongly recommend him to anyone who may have MS.

by Autumn Roberts on Dec 15th, 2008

Dr.Beall is jem to his profession.