Dr. Steven Beanes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

April 15th, 2016
IMPRESSIVE!
I was actually BEOYND impressed with this Doctor! I had to see him for an embarrassing hemorrhoid issue and he made me feel comfortable and spent all the time in world with me answering questions in a calm manner, He was very caring and impressive. One of best doctors I have ever met.

July 31st, 2015
He saved my life

January 30th, 2015
A very good surgeon. Had 2 surgeries under his care and both were excellent experiences.

January 14th, 2015
Wonderful doctor, highly recommend!

December 29th, 2014
Best Hernia doctor /surgeon that I have ever met! Highly recommend.

October 26th, 2014
Excellent Results - Inguinal Hernia Repair
Dr. Beanes performed laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair on me in 2013. It is over a year and a half later, and I have nothing but positive things to say. The recovery time was quick. A few days later I was up and around. A couple weeks later and I felt 100%. I have had no residual pain or odd sensation at all. Overall, he did a great job. My office visits were positive as well. Very little wait time, and Dr. Beanes did a great job explaining things. It is had to find good reviews on a surgeon. People typically are motivated to write when things go wrong, not when they go well. Hopefully this helps someone make a good decision! Dr. Beanes is an excellent choice!

May 22nd, 2014
Great surgeon. Will not operate if not medically necessary

August 9th, 2013
Very caring doctor.
I had two hernia surgeries done by Dr. Beanes, I had complications after the first surgery. He went over all of my options, talked to his colleagues and we decided to redo the surgery instead of going through a bunch of treatments that may not have worked. I appreciated his caring nature. He was very approachable and I liked him very much.

July 10th, 2013
Back to normal... all I can ask for!
Dr Beanes was great! I interviewed a couple docs before my hernia surgery and had the most confidence in Dr Beanes. I'm sure the others were capable but I liked that he sat down and spent the most time with me beforehand explaining everything and answering questions. He even answered some I didn't even think to ask. Very personable and confident which gave me confidence. Said if he's not good at these after doing a 1000+, he needs a new job. And i don't see him in the want ads... Originally appointment was supposed to be for 1 month out but after a simple request to expedite it because of the pain, they squeezed me in the schedule 2 weeks out. Then, before I even left the office, they gave me a canceled spot the very next week! Amazing!! Makes up for the fact I had to wait 4 weeks for the initial appointment when others were a bit quicker in this area... When surgery time came, everything went very smooth. In and out ahead of schedule. I was off my feet for a few days and followed protocol with not too much discomfort. Of course the Percs helped with that!! :) But it's been 6 weeks or so since surgery and I'm in no pain. Resumed a full gym, workout routine with no restrictions at 4 weeks just fine. Still have the occasional sporadic pain that comes and goes in a second but I was told that was normal for up to 6mo-1yr. Even the scars are so tiny you can barely tell. Not red or raised at all. And the large one (1 inch) blends in with the natural fold in my skin and is barely noticeable. I would recommend Dr Beanes for any hernia surgery and he also would be my choice for any time of general surgery needed. 5 stars!

March 15th, 2013
First class
I don't spend much time in hospitals, but I can say that my experience at Dr Beanes office and my surgery were first class. I am not recoverd from surgery at this time, my experience was an A + to this point . Thank you pre-op nurses for making me feel so comfortable . I couldn't be more happy.

July 6th, 2012
Dr Beanes is FANTASTIC!!!
Dr. Beanes is the best general surgeon in Orange County and at Hoag Hospital. The head of the anesthesia department at Hoag described Beanes as having hands like a magician...he is amazing at laparoscopic surgery too. Dr. Beanes performed my hernia repairs (I had two) and I am extremely happy with the results. He has done so many procedures and has an impeccable reputation at Hoag. I can't say enough positive words about this surgeon - you can't go wrong with him! And he is very nice too, always an added bonus.

April 25th, 2011
Post Op Nightmare.
I was impressed with Dr. Steven R. Beans for per op hernia surgery. It was the post op care. I made four visits with in one year after surgery and Dr. Beans did nothing to help with my pain. I explained to him what I was going thru and one year later Dr. Beans told me I would have good days and bad days. His reply to me was always, the mesh was causing the problem. I felt and new Dr. Beans did not want to work with me and my post op problems so I went to a pain specialist and was diagnosed with nerve damage from the surgery. Was give medication and started to heal. Why Dr. Beans could not have done the same for me is a mystery. In my opinion, I would not us or seek medical attention from Dr. Steve Beanes again. As of writing this, I am now 16 months post op and two month with my pain specialist who has done and excellent job assisting in my healing.