Overall Review

3.3

January 22nd, 2016
Poor service
Horrible office to go to on regular basis. Hate the front desk staff. They are always so loud. They are expensive and billing will eat you up if you don't pay them. Unfriendly place to visit. Start looking for a new OB office for sure.

December 31st, 2015
worse OB/GYN ever. Dr. Steve Behram is very money hungry and is not passionate about his the lives of patients. I am rating this Dr's office 0 if possible because I have never meet with an inhuman Dr like him in my life time as I also had other patients make the same money hungry issue about him. He will insist you pay for the service first before consultation. He is so incompetent as he got in the medical profession just to make money and not for quality service.

July 26th, 2015
Excellent OB GYN in Rockville
Excellent OB GYN practice! I highly recommend Dr. Behram

January 5th, 2015
Great experience.
Because of the volume of patients, Dr. Behram typically doesn't see patients until the last few weeks of their pregnancies, but all of his associates are knowledgeable and capable. Michelle at the front desk is a god-sent. She remembers everything and goes above and beyond to accommodate people. It used to take a while to be seen (if your appointment was at 3 you wouldn't get back there until 3:30-4:45) but they have been making an obvious effort to fix that, and I usually wait about 10 minutes now. The only complaint is that the ultrasound technician is not friendly and doesn't talk the entire time she does the ultrasound. She doesn't smile, give any info on what she's seeing, or even turn the screen so you can see (unless you ask). They definitely need to get someone else in that role.

December 22nd, 2014
I had a worst experience with this Doctor and staff. They told me to do unnecessary test and even didn't diagnosed properly. Luckily I found different gyno at the right time otherwise i had to do several test for no reason. I won't recommend going to this doctor, but then everyone has there own preferences. There staff Mitchell specially was charging me money to transfer my reports to other doctor. So good luck if you choose this doctor.

November 19th, 2014
rating
The best OB-GYN doctor I have ever seen.

May 25th, 2014
Caring provider
A very knowledgeable provider who truly cares for his patients. He has helped us out a lot! We are so grateful and would highly recommend him!

October 13th, 2013
Overall Really Good Experience, Would Recomend to Others
I had a high-risk pregnancy and switched to Dr. Behram's practice at around 22 weeks after having a horrible experience with a previous practice. Overall, my experience with Dr. Behram was very positive. In general, I have a lot of issues with the way obstetrics is practiced in this country (recognizing that most issues in the field are due to the large amounts of litigation OBs face here in the U.S.), so I made a serious effort during my pregnancy to educate myself about the interventions available and refuse anything that I did not feel was in my (and my baby's) best interest. Even when Dr. Behram didn't agree with my desired approach, he did his best to respect it. He respected my desire to have a doula present at my birth (and my doula was incredibly helpful throughout my pregnancy and during labor and delivery; I give her a lot of credit for helping me avoid a c-section) and to postpone an induction as long as possible to allow my body to go into labor naturally (in effort to avoid a c-section, something I really did not want for a variety of reasons). Ultimately, he and I listened to one another and made concessions on both sides, which resulted in a really awesome vaginal delivery of a healthy baby and a very minimal recovery. But there is one thing I really love about the practice that I feel must be mentioned - Michelle, who works at the front desk! From my first appointment and at every appointment thereafter, Michelle was just awesome. Her greeting at each appointment always put me at ease and she is amazingly adept at remembering small details about me and every patient who walks through the doors. I hate going to any doctor's office, but Michelle actually made my visits enjoyable! And whenever there was an issue, no matter how small, Michelle always made sure it got resolved.

September 7th, 2013
First Time Pregancy
I found Dr. Behram's practice through making multiple calls to offices in my area and decided on his because they accepted my insurance and could see me sooner than any other office I had called. This was my first pregnancy and obviously I hadn't known anything to expect. I relied on the staff to walk me through and talk me through anything that concerned me as a patient or procedures needed to be done. I have to say I really enjoyed seeing a few of the Dr's in the practice (Jinkal and Garges). They were also very helpful, willing to answer my questions and took their time with me. Wonderful ladies. As my pregnancy progressed I was finally scheduled to see Dr Behram for the first time. Honestly I was nervous seeing as i had never met the man before and the fact that I had never had a male gyno/obg before. I bucked up and understood it was his practice and noticed each time I was in the office the many plaques around stating his notice in Top Doctors magazine several times. All of my appointments that have been with him have felt extremely rushed. I never feel like my questions really get answered, he barely looks me in the eyes when I ask anything and he responds. I wait forever to see him only to have the 'exam' take 5 minutes. At one appointment I had waited while I overheard his 15+ minute conversation with someone who had stopped by the office to which he shared his vacation plans with in the next coming weeks with his family....I was slightly upset about it. The following appointment he went ahead with the physical exam (checking my cervix) before the nurse entered the room, only to have her come in about a minute later to tell her he was already done and turned her away, made me a little uncomfortable. He had told me that if my blood pressure stays high they will have to induce me, which I was never aware it was ever high in the first place. The next appointment it was apparently perfect, although he then went on to explain he doesn't want me going past my due date and wants to induce me anyhow (2 days before I was due). Now I had never done this before and was taking the advice of my Dr. I was scheduled to come into the office on 9/3 to scrape membranes and do a foley balloon (mind you all my exams had indicated my cervix was still closed). When he came into the room that day he had 3 other people with him, aside from his medical assistant, to whom I had never seen before that apparently had to be present according to their training (talk about uncomfortable). Ended up not being able to do the procedures at that time because my cervix was still too far up (after 10 minutes of pain and pressure and being physically uncomfortable). That night I went into the hospital to start pitocin, Was on it for 10 hrs and when he came in the morning to check my cervix, It was still closed, I felt this check was completely different than any before, incredibly invasive and again painful. He went on to tell me I had an 'unfavorable cervix' and they should do a csection. He rubbed my shoulder and brushed my face as trying to explain this to me which angered me. It was too close for comfort. I refused said my body and baby wasnt ready (mind you it was still before my due date) and that maybe we could try again the following week. After that day I've been reading reviews and become more angry at the entire situation. I will continue to stand my ground and let my body do what it does naturally. I may end up going to a different hospital entirely when I go into labor.

August 14th, 2013
It is my first baby, and my overall experienced with dr. Behram practice is awesome! All the staff are kind and accommodating. Yeah! I highly recommend to a family or a friend when they need an ob gyne.

May 3rd, 2013
Excellent care

August 22nd, 2012
Horrible!
Two years ago I started seeing Dr. Gayle Friedman who worked with Dr. Behram. She left to begin her own practise so I made my annual appt last year with a Physician Assitant. I'd been on birth control for two years and my period had begun to taper off. The physician assitant accused me of not taking my birth control correctly and said that I was probably pregnant since I hadn't gotten a period. I had taken a home test and was sure I wasn't pregant but took a blood test there anyway. She said she'd call me in two days, or to call her if I didn't hear from her. She was rude the entire time and awkward about performing the normal procedures. She treated me like I was an idiot who didn't know how to use birth control. She never called me back after the 7 times I called her for my pregnany test results & then a receptionist gave me my negative result finally after 5 days of calling.They also never called me back about my pap results, I had to make an online LabCorp ID and see my results there. Disgusting. I decided I'd never go there again UNTIL I tried to renew my BC after six months and the doctor refused my renewal through the pharmacy. I was on my last day of my pack and had to truck over to the doctors office for a "consultation" - I waited an HOUR to talk to someone I never met about how my BC pill was working for 5 minutes. They charged my insurance 200 dollars and I had to pay a $15 copay. Just to tell them I was happy with my birth control. On top of that the receptionist who is actually very nice kept trying to charge me too much for my copay. I was disgusted. I recently went for my annual with a new doctor who is very nice and listened to all of my issues. I didn't wait for my appt, her staff was fantastic and she listened to everything I had to say. I'd reccomend her in a heart beat. Please don't go to Dr. Behram's office. The staff sucks & you'll wait forever.