Dr. Steven Berman MD Patient Reviews

2.4

• Good
  • Bad

June 6th, 2017
Dr. berman is very full of himself has no time to make accurate diagnosis of patient....thinks he is very much above you...beware of drs with such high opinions of themselves....very egotistical....

March 26th, 2016
No compassion and very judgemental
I have been suffering from chronic pain since I was 16 years old. Fibromyalgia, auto immune disease, disgeneritive disc disease, perphial neuropathy, 3 hurniated disc treated with microdiscectomy, over 30 epidurals in my life, physical therapy and pain medication management. By the time I saw berman I had gone stopped taking 75% of my breakthrough narcotic pain med. I hated taking narcotic meds and being labeled for them. I asked him to help me try and get off all the the narcotic meds as I thought with the exercise and positive thinking I could get through without them. I soon relied I was wrong and told him I need some breakthrough meds again. He said it will fail. I then kept explaining to him I couldn't do his physical therapy program because I'm on social security and here in nevada I don't qualify for medicade leaving me responsible for the 20% medicare doesn't pay. It would cost me $120 a week to do the physical therapy he wanted. I'm having a hard time just paying for his office visits and my primary doctors office visit every month. He told me I need to stop waiting for someone to save me. Really? I also got upset one day at the front desk because I drove there for my appointment and med refills and I live an hour away and was boring a friends car to get there. They told me my appointment was with Stanfield the psychologist and I would have to come back the next day to see berman and get meds. I wasn't gonna have a vehicle to get there the next day and when they called to make the appointment I thought was for berman because they said they were calling from dr. Berman office I kept telling the woman that it was their mistake and they should see me that day. I didn't yell or curse I was just firm with her. I was then taken back to a room by berman nurse who told me that my behavior was grounds for nor seeing me anymore. At that point I was in tears. They use the fact that you are in pain and they control you with that even when they are in the wrong. They know that it will take time to find another pain doc and you will be in extreme pain and go through withdrawals from the meds. He doesn't listen and has no compassion. It was my idea to try and get off the meds and now I'm in bed alot because it's so painful to walk. He keeps upping the Cymbalta he put me on and it's not helping all the pain nor making a difference the more I take. My pain level was a 2 when I met him. It now ranges from 5 to 8. I'm looking for another doc and it helps to know I'm not the only one he has treated badly. Ive learned my lesson about checking doctors reviews before picking them.

October 20th, 2015
Super knowledgeable. Great doc I must say.

June 22nd, 2015
Dr. kept saying he'd have me off all meds in 6 months or less regardless of reason for pain. Knew nothing about, nor cared about the reasons for my pain. Released me after 1st visit. Seems to be a ducky (quack).

March 4th, 2015
ETried to give 5 stars. These guys are a godsend. Berman and carol!! Effin awesome!

March 4th, 2015
Controls pain. Is not an opiate pusher. If you rate him lower because of that, its your issue.
Good pain management. Performs procedures, meds to control pain. Drug abuse is not catered to.

December 21st, 2014
It was as if he was deaf...
I was injured 12 years ago, which resulted in compression fracture of two vertebrae, 3 herniated discs, 2 bulging discs, sacro iliac joint disease, degenerative disc disease, radiculapathy, and drop foot. As a mother of 6, I have fought to wait on surgery til my youngest children are older, yet be able to achieve mobility. I only attended one appointment . I had just recently moved to the area. When he first walked in, there was no acknowledgement in the form of hello, nor were there any introductions. His first response was "did you bring in you medication prescribed by your previous pain specialist so that I can verify what was prescribed to you?" My answer was no, as I had not been told to do so by his staff prior to the appt, but he could confirm with my pharmacy as to what and when I was prescribed the medication. His answer was that he would not prescribe the meds until my next appt, and that would teach me to always be prepared. Mind you, in all these years, I have never failed a urine test, my meds have never been "lost or stolen", I have never ran out early, and I have never tried to fill early, in fact most times as my records confirm, I filled several days later as I take the meds as needed. He then said that despite several years of physical therapy, and a continuous home program, he wanted me to attend therapy once again. He also lamented that because of the drop foot, I would either have fusion surgery with metal pins and rods, or he would not continue to treat me. When I explained that my reluctance was due to the only guarantee I had with surgery was a loss of mobility, he said that this was his treatment recommendation, and I either followed it, or he would refuse treatment. Needless to say, I refused his treatment options. He refused to listen to me, despite his physical examination being concurrent with my diagnoses, nor having my medical history. He was interested in neither my pain journal, nor my list of symptoms and what exasperated them. As a result, I would never recommended this Dr. to anyone else.

March 4th, 2014
Ausome
I have been a patient of dr Berman's for the last 5 years and have nothing but good to say about the way I have been treated. If it wasn't for him and his staff I wouldn't be able to run a corporation daily and weekly the way I do., 5 major back surgeries two knee surgery's. thoracic cage 5 levels three plates in my neck and currently a low back issue. Thanks to them still kicking.

August 12th, 2013
Inconsiderate a holes!! Bad way to run a practice
So I have an auto immune disease that causes severe pain and is destroying my quality of life. My primary care Dr in Oregon along with my rheumatologist was managing my pain until I moved here. I seen a primary Dr here he said he could manage my pain for a couple months but he doesn't believe in narcotic pain meds so he would feel better if I went to a pain specialist. He referred me to Dr. Berman, I made my appointment and was looking forward to seeing this "wonderful" doctor. Well the day my appointment was set I got a call that my grandma whom raised and adopted passed away she was my ONLY family member I was crying my eyes out and extremely sad. So I called to reschedule my appointment the woman I spoke with said she understood and that was fine and they were suppose to call me back. I got a call from one of his schedulers she said Berman decided he's not going to treat me since I had to cancel my appointment. So my primary Dr. Said to schedule with Pitman that he sent a referral to him. Nevada Pain and Spine then called me treating me like crap basically screaming saying OUR OFFICE IS NOT DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU!!! FIND A DIFFERENT DR TO MANAGE YOUR PAIN. Now I'm without my pain meds in excruciating pain and my primary Dr basically said I shouldn't have screwed up my chance at Bermans. What's wrong with this state and the doctors in it? God forbid you have a relative die god forbid you need to reschedule god forbid a doctor takes care of a patient with a life threatening disease.

September 29th, 2011
RUDE RUDE RUDE
THE FRONT OFFICE STAFF IS RUDE RUDE RUDE. DISRESPECTFUL TO PATIENTS IN FRONT OF OTHER PATIENTS!!NASTY ATTITUDE...FOR GODS SAKE WOMEN THESE PATIENTS ARE IN PAIN!! BE A LITTLE MORE COMPATIONATE !!!!!! AND REMEMBER THAT OTHERS ARE LISTENING !

November 2nd, 2010
Immediate pain relief
After getting my Rheumatoid Arthritis under control my neck and lower back became stiff and painful. RA was ruled out but the x-rays and mris weren't normal. Dr. Berman was confident that most of my pain was from my unused muscles during the months that my RA was out of control. He gave me 'trigger point' injections and I enjoyed immediate relief from a lot of the pain & stiffness. I was looking for a doctor that would treat not only my pain, but the underlying condition as well. Dr. Berman has certainly done so and with a prescription for physical therapy and a TENS unit starting tomorrow I am hopeful of a more active life again. Thanks Doc!

October 21st, 2010
Not good recomended
Not at all good bedside manner. Very poor Dr. Patient relationship. Very one sided conversations. Does not listen to your situation. I was their to get a pain pump it took at least 6 more months, of more inj. And other things already performed previously. Just to make more money off of you and ins. He is very full of himself. Not recomended!