Dr. Steven Bielamowicz MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 4 reviews

May 17th, 2015
Best Ever
I was severely damaged at the hands of an incompetent anesthesiologist at a hospital in Maryland who was performing a specialized sinus surgery. Both of my superior laryngeal nerves were compressed leaving me with a 40% overall loss of function. Not only was I barely able to speak, but my career as a teacher/singer was ruined. Since my vocal cords no longer closed properly, Dr. B had to perform more than one surgery to enable me to speak, sing and swallow without aspirating. It's a true miracle! I would never let anyone else except Dr. B anywhere near my cords. HE is my miracle!

November 25th, 2013
An Operation I didnt need
Went to see him sometime ago and he suggested and did an operation I did not need. I got the impression he was trying to impress me by being cool,like look at me I a doctor in charge of ENT. Anyway after the minor operation my follow up visits proved no results. When I told him no change it was like he got an attitude turned his back and walked away, next thing I know he comes back and tells me to go see another doc or something to that effect and I got the feeling I was basically being thrown out of the office. No good bye, No sorry I couldn't help. Bottom line I wouldn't recommend him to put a band aid in a paper cut.

April 3rd, 2013
I've met with him a few times and he quickly rushes through my appointment and pawned me off to another department. If I'm spending $400 an appointment, I'd like more time. I have a new ENT now.

November 28th, 2012
Poor interpersonal skills
-he was okay, technically, but I had to pull information from him while he was walking out the door-doesn't explain what he sees with his scope-doesn't discuss the condition, prognosis, etc.-not sure I will return