Steven Bodine MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2016
Floaters Gone in one day
Diagnosed & Knew exactly what my problem was and corrected it the same day. That was 8 years ago and no problems ever since.

August 5th, 2015
Very bad experience. First appointment 3 1/2 hours - receptionist polite but not overly friendly. Second apt 3 hours Dr Bodine very professional - obviously dealt with millions of patients - not aware or didn't recognize my discomfort. I found the procedure very painful - esp when he kept "hitting a nerve" - he told me that at my next appointment I should request a painkiller beforehand! I left office in very emotional state - thought someone would have talked to me to calm me down.

April 29th, 2015
I had a puckered retina caused by a virus, which was affecting my vision so that I no longer had 20-20 eyesight . Dr. Bodine surgically removed the virus and thus eliminated the pucker or wrinkle on the retina. I now have 20-20 eyesight. I am very grateful.

January 18th, 2015
Mr.
Able to obtain an emergency exam on the same day that I called. Performed a retina procedure same afternoon. Two follow up exams conducted. At time of procedure and at each follow up doctor informed me of my condition, answers all questions and provided me with all warning signs in case of a complication.

June 30th, 2013
Fine Doctor
Dr. Bodine and his entire staff have treated me for the past 4 years. He and his staff are extremely skilled and always treated me courteously and in an extremely professional manner. Dr. Bodine was always available to answer my questions and explain the nature of what the operation demanded. I was very lucky to have him as my doctor.

May 31st, 2013
Saved My Son's Vision
My 20 year old son was complaining of blurry vision and a dark line in his field of view. Out Optometrist helped us get an emergency appointment with Dr. Bodine. Dr. Bodine examined my son for several hours and diagnosed a severely detached retina which required emergency surgery. It was the weekend and the O/R at Lawrence Hosp. was closed - Dr. Bodine rounded up an emergency O/R team and operated on my son the next morning. The surgery was a success and my son and I are grateful for Dr. Bodine's knowledge, compassion, and willingness to treat my son's urgent condition. My son was a new patient and yet he received all the care and attention you would expect from a world class physician. I highly recommend Dr. Bodine without any reservations.

March 11th, 2013
Very diligent and meticulous
Dr. Bodine treats his patients seriously and with the care that is required with eye issues. As you might imagine, folks with retinal issue are extremely nervous in that loss of sight is likely, if not treated properly. Dr. Bodine does his utmost to ensure that his patients understand both the benefits and the risks of surgery and is highly solicitous of his patients needs. He may be a bit "old school" in that he doesn't hold hands, per se, but rather he provides a great measure of comfort with his obvious competence and care.

January 16th, 2012
Excellent
Very caring and accurately found the problem.

June 10th, 2017