Dr. Steven Brotman MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 28th, 2013
DPT
I became a Kaiser member 2 years ago and have been very pleased with the Kaiser system as well as Dr. Brotman. He was very caring, attentive, professional and followed with me in a timely manner any time I emailed or called with a question. I feel he has given me excellent care both preventative and for the times when I was ill.

February 19th, 2013
One in a MILLION!
Contrary to what this site says, Dr. Brotman is not accepting new patients, and more's the pity! For me his bedside manner was all I could have wanted and more - when he walked in and took my hand, he apologized for the coldness of his own, and it just got better. Then he just listened silently to everything I had to say and REALLY HEARD ME! For instance, I told him I'd been taking Gingko Biloba for my memory problems and he said that there were studies done on whether or not it really had any effect and that in 2007 it was announced that it doesn't - I Googled that and he was spot on. My appointment was a follow-up on my recent illness and Kaiser wouldn't let me set a separate appointment to address my memory problems so that got added on. Dr. Brotman, though, was sidetracked by my rapid pulse - so much so that he ordered an immediate ECG. This was, I think, my 4th and the first one to actually show a problem, so after consulting with a specialist by phone he referred me for an ECG/Cardiac Ultrasound. He apologized for not having any time left to address my memory issues because that was a really complex problem that needs more time. Of course I said I'd set another appointment, assuming that I could have him assigned to me as my primary-care doctor but sadly, that wasn't possible but he said to me that it would have been his honor to be my doctor. Dr. Brotman is, to me, the epitome of medical expertise, period. The facility he'll be moving to is still under construction and I asked the Kaiser receptionist where it was but failed to write that down. I would actually consider moving to the coastal area of wherever he's going to be, because at age 66 I have lots of health issues and having the best doctor I can find is paramount.

December 1st, 2011
Always "in a hurry". Very inept at diagnosing a problem. Seems to fail in keeping updated on patients medical history.

February 17th, 2010
No Follow up
I would definetly not recommend this Dr. No time for patients and arrogant!

August 9th, 2016