Dr. Steven Brotzman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Brotzman?

Posted on October 1st, 2017

I don't know what happened in my case but I felt like I had to write this review. I had a great deal of pain from a condition called Mortons Toe and I also have a bunion and arthritis on my big toe and both are on the same foot. I went to Dr. Brotzman because he was highly rated and I felt very confident going into surgery. My recovery went well and I stayed off my foot as prescribed and then went into his rehab clinic for several weeks. I had several appointments with Dr. Brotzman after that because I wasn't getting better and the pain was really unbearable. Now 9 months after surgery the pain is so much worse than it was before I had surgery. I seeked out a foot specialist who only performs surgery on feet because I had no where else to turn. Dr. Brotzman's physical therapist couldn't figure out why my second and longer toe was so immobile and asked if he put a plate of some sort in there because it wouldn't bend forward or backward and the pain continued to get worse, especially as I continued to do the exercises from my physical therapy. One thing I could never do was rise up on my toes, which was one of the exercises they did in physical therapy, it made me physically sick to do so. The surgery for Mortons Toe or neuroma is to, in Layman's Terms, shorten the toe. I found out from my now foot specialist, that it wasn't just trimmed a little too far back but was way far back which affected that joint and is why my toe is so stiff. In doing so my toe also rotated in towards my 3rd toe to the point that the bone underneath that toe was protruding so that I walk on it which explains why I'm having so much pain. Now that toe overlaps my third toe, which is also painful, and it never did that before Dr. Brotzman performed surgery. Dr. Brotzman did surgery on my big toe bunion to remove the bunion and clean out the arthritis. I continued to tell Dr. Brotzman that it felt like I still had arthritis and asked him if he removed the bunion, because it looked the same as it did before surgery. My recent new surgeon now told me that when he goes back in for my corrective surgery, that he has to remove the bunion and clean out the arthritis. So, apparently it either wasn't done or wasn't done correctly. We also have to remove a really large screw that Dr. Brotzman put in my big toe that has moved so much that I'm now walking on that and the nerve pain is pretty unbearable. I don't know what happened in these surgeries with Dr. Brotzman, but I would think twice before having foot surgery here. He does have a great staff and a beautiful facility. His specialties must be in other areas because he's gotten such great reviews from other patients but as for toe surgery, I wouldn't go.

Posted on June 22nd, 2016

Dr. Brotzman is amazing. After having one of the worst experiences of my life with another orthopedic doctor, I made an appt with Dr. Brotzman and realized I had put up with the other doctor for way too long. Dr. B takes his time with his patients in order to answer questions and explain things, which I appreciate greatly, even if it does mean he's typically running behind schedule. So, if punctuality is super important to you, this may not be the place for you, but if you want extraordinary care and are willing to wait, I can't recommend him enough.

Great Surgeon, would not use anyone else!

Posted on August 6th, 2010

Dr. Brotzman performed four surgeries on my daughter and one on me. We have seen him for over four years and he was highly recommended by the physical therapy director at NAMC. Yes, you might have to wait but of the dozens of times we have been there either to see him or his PA (who we love too), only once was it a painfully long wait. My boss is a tri athlete and Dr. Brotzman is the only one she sees and recommends. I really recommend him, he is very caring and the bedside manner is superb. Oh, his physical therapy people are much better than NAMC by the way.

Dr. Brotzman

Posted on April 23rd, 2010

Dr. Brotzman is an excellent doctor. His knowledge and understanding of sports medicine and his ability to convey your injury, in a way you will understand it, are excellent. I can't speak any higher of Dr. Brotzman, or suggest a better surgeon for your sports related injury.The downside is the fact that you will wait for up to an hour, or more, in some cases. Basically, you need to make sure you set aside two hours when you visit him.Lastly, when you do get an appointment to see the doctor, or the physical therapist, YOU need to be the one calling the doctors office to make sure they actually put you down in their electronic scheduling system. I showed up for an appointment, with the appointment date & time written down on their business/appointment card (they wrote sown the date & time), and was told that I was not on the schedule. I find this EXTREMELY unprofessional. The person that scheduled the original appointment blamed the mistake on a new computer system; "just a glitch." She went on to say that they had changed computer systems three times already this year (2010). Her solution was to offer to "work me in" two hours later. Driving through Austin traffic to make it to an early appointment, only to be asked to come back in a couple hours just doesn't consider the time and energy required from the patient, also the customer. With all this said, Dr. Brotzman is an excellent surgeon, but your total care will be tempered by your wait time in the office as well as potential scheduling issues.

AMAZING, AMAZING DOCTOR!!!!

Posted on January 14th, 2010

I found doctor Brotzman after a string of terrible doctors. HE is AMAZING! He is not arrogant and rude like some physicians that you find. He is so kind and he really cares about each patient! Not to mention he is super smart and experienced! I would recommend him to anyone. If my kids ever need surgery (God forbid) I'm sending them to Dr.Brotzman!

Posted on June 9th, 2009

What a wonderful, caring Dr.! He treated my daughter and myself and is like one of the family. I would recommend him to anyone.

Posted on September 29th, 2017