Overall Review

January 18th, 2012
I don't kdon
I don't know if he cares he pretends to and is kind of preachy. Appointmenst if you can get one within a month means little you likely will have to wait an hour after you arrive. He has since joined some org that reqires you to pay $1500 a year above any normal visit charges or insurance co-pays. I would look elsewhere.

October 17th, 2011
The available appointment and wait time is much less now that Dr. Burns is a VIP Doctor. He is very professional and and very caring and always asks if I have any more questions.

September 4th, 2011
I can't believe this guy still has a practice!
We really liked Dr. Burns until he lost all of his staff, and then we couldn't get an appointment - and we tried for months. No one even answered the phone, and then finally when someone did she told us we would have to wait weeks to be seen. Well heck, we'd either be recovered or dead by then! What's the point?!So after we'd long since given up on ever seeing the doctor again and had moved on, we get this insulting string of letters telling us that we'd have to pay $1500 a year (not covered by insurance) for the "privilege" of being his patients again. Seriously?! The audacity of this man asking for a ridiculous amount of money to see him after he's treated his loyal patients like crap is beyond comprehension! We wouldn't go there again if he "only" charged $5. This action speaks volumes to us on where his priorities lie, and it is certainly not with his patients. I hope his current patients realize that their value only extends as far as their checkbook.

April 2nd, 2011
I consider Dr. Burns to be a fine doctor and friend. His knowledge, ethics and professionalism rank among the best. His recent association with MDVIP has disappointed my family, who are long-time patients, and has driven us to seek medical attention elsewhere. The requirement to pay $1500 annually in order to continue seeing Dr. Burns creates a financial burden.

October 26th, 2010
Time to move on.
This office used to be very busy; pretty empty now. He recently decided to charge his patients 1500 a year for the priviledge of having him as a doctor. He received an Advisory Letter from the Az Board of Medical Advisories due to an error on the part of his Nurse Practioner and therefore never hired any replacements. I have waited up to 2 hours from the time I walked in at my scheduled appointment time and the time he actually walked in the examining room. It's just unacceptable. Be prepared for a hard sell by one of MDVIP's marketing people and their phone calls. It's very disappointing to see this practice go downhill so fast. I always thought a doctor was interested in caring for patients, not guarantee his income with a few affluent patients.

September 23rd, 2010
Unhappy long time patient
Received letter informing me that I will now have to pay $1500 per year if I am to stay with Dr. Burns as a patient as he is joining MDVIP. I have been a patient of his for 23 years, since he began his practice and now will be forced to find another doctor as I am retired and can no longer afford to pay him for the privilege to remain his patient. Seems like he is turning his back on his loyal patients.

April 5th, 2010
My Favorite Doctor
Dr. Burns is a caring family doctor, the closest to Marcus Welby as you'll find today. He is smart, ethical, and easy to talk to. He listens to his patients and doesn't have the Rx pad out 10 seconds into the appointment. His staff is outstanding and does a great job as good will ambassadors. They're a patient's first contact with the office and have always made me feel welcome and taken care of.

August 18th, 2009
Further demise of what was formally a good practice!
I was a patient of Dr. Burns for several years, however I have reached my patience level and have reluctantly moved on. I reached the pinnacle of my disgust this week and would strongly advise anyone to stay far far away from this practice! It is a one man operation without appropriate staff. This practice in it's better times was staffed by Dr. Burns and two incredible Nurse Practitioners. Unfortunately the 2 NPs have since retired and were not ever replaced. This transition happened over a year ago and it is now impossible to receive a appointment in a appropriate amount of time. If you need to make a appointment, and have hopes to be seen by a Dr. within a 1-4 day timespan look elsewhere! I assure that you will otherwise be redirected Urgent Care! Which I really take issue with...how can a "Family Practioner" redirect all its patients to Urgent Care! Magnitude of illness also does not help influence the amount of time you will be quoted for a appointment either...udderly ridiculous!

January 6th, 2009
If you ever want a apt. don't bother to come here...
Dr. Burns office has evolved into what I would consider the worst practice in Arizona. Apparently he has decided to scale his practice back, but neglected to inform his patient base of such a move. Although I consider it greed but whatever the situation a once fully staffed office is now a one doctor operation. It is virtually impossible to see a physician in a timely manner, regardless of the caliber of your ailment. The frontdesk's scripted answer is to seek "urgent care" if you need to be seen, which is ridiculous and defeats the point of having a primary care physician!