Dr. Steven Choung Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Choung?

Avoid him

Posted on July 6th, 2016

Rude, insulting, attitude. As if that weren't bad enough, I received no medical care for my feet. He minimizes symptoms, insisting there is no reason for concern when a foot cannot be used properly or moved. Since then, my feet have been properly diagnosed and cared for by another doctor.

Posted on February 4th, 2015

Went to see Dr. Papa with the same group (Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic) last week and he scared the heck out of me with his diagnosis!!! Wanted to get a second opinion so went to see Dr. Choung. I was lucky to get an appointment for the next day due to a cancellation. The front desk staff took me right away but had to wait about 20 minutes in the exam room. Dr. Choung was a breath of fresh air! He had a great bedside manner. He answered all of my questions, examined me and my x-rays that Dr. Papa took. Dr. Choung gave me options that I didn't get from Dr. Papa. So happy that I saw him for my 2nd opinion. He never acted like I was taking too much of his time nor asking too many questions. I will use him for my foot surgery when I decide to have it and will recommend him to anyone.

Posted on December 15th, 2014

First time I met Dr Choung. He took the time to discuss a rather complicated diagnosis. He didn't give me the options I wanted to hear but he explained why I wouldn't be a good candidate for procedures I had hoped would be available to me. The good news was that I was thinking too far into the future anyway and that the most immediate problem was a much less intrusive operation that may take care of the issues I am having. If my ankles worsen, we will revisit what may or may not be available then. He was nice but matter of fact, which I appreciate. I won't see any doctor I can not talk to. He took the time to answer all my questions. I had a list that was direct as well, so we went right through it so I could be sure I knew where I stood. I've seen a lot of specialists over the years. FIrst impression: He did great. I asked a friend that has worked with him as a rep in the operating room. He came very highly recommended.

Exceptional experience with both Winter Park & Orlando offices

Posted on March 17th, 2014

My son had an injury and was seen by a PA and by Dr. Choung. The office staff was prompt, courteous & helpful. Both the PA and Dr. Choung took the time to answer our questions both before & after surgery in a professional, kind, knowledgable and unhurried manner.

Disappointed and disgusted

Posted on October 8th, 2013

I am a healthcare professional myself and could not believe the lack of empathy and poor bedside manner! Hospitals and Doctors all around the country are being graded regarding patient education so I was shocked when I received none at all. He could not even give me answers to my simple questions! I can handle a terrible bedside manner if I receive quality medical care but when I leave a doctors office and received no compassion and could not even receive answers to my questions I could have flushed my copay down the toilet and receive the same quality of care. Don't mention that you have pain because you will be treated like a drug seeking loser. I have had 2 surgeries in my life as well as my wisdom teeth removed and I never took the pain medications I only used ibuprofen and tylenol. My ankle injury has been the most painful thing I have ever experienced, it has also been the longest recovery I have ever had! I push through the pain and go to work using only Ibuprofen. I suffer horribly. I asked about other options for the pain, something for after work hours when I am in the most pain and was basically to suck it up!

Did not like

Posted on August 17th, 2012

Not helpful to me, thought his bed-side manner was bad, and was very un-impressed with his knowledge and understanding of my condition and what to do about it. Don't recommend.

Posted on August 21st, 2011

Dr. Choung is an exceptional professional. He is no nonsense with a strict diagnosis and options for full recovery. I wish I had found him on my first foot injury.

Posted on July 20th, 2011

I have found Dr. Choung to be an outstanding doctor and a genuine caring person. He is smart and very informative. He took the time to answer all my questions and demonstrate the answers when possible to make sure I understood. I have recommended him to others and can only sing his praises for!

Posted on September 27th, 2017