Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
wer show details wer
by w on Apr 3rd, 2014

werwe

Excellent Results from Tear Duct Surgery, Correcting Excessive Tearing show details Excellent Results from Tear Duct Surgery, Correcting Excessive Tearing
by Miriam S. on Sep 6th, 2013

On and off for over a year I was increasingly bothered by what seemed like excessive tearing of my left eye. At the slightest provocation my left eye would fill with tears. Frequently they tears would run down my cheek. Many things could trigger it: bright sunlight, a breezy day, a strong scent. It was always irritating and occasionally embarrassing. My optometrist referred me to Dr. Dresner. His exam was quick, efficient, and painless, and momentarily amusing. His diagnosis was that I was suffering from a blocked tear duct. The tear duct is a tiny hole located at the inside corner of the eye and is supposed to drain away the tears that are produced by glands under the eyelid. Mine was not functioning, and Dr. Dresner surmised that the cause was probably scarring from a sinus surgery that had been done some years before. Dr. Dresner was sympathetic, entertaining, and amicable. He took his time and explained the diagnosis and the available corrective surgery. He recommended, however, that I try living with the condition a bit longer, as surgery should always be a last option. His lack of urgency to recommend immediate surgery instilled confidence in Dr. Dresner's conservative approach, and in the end I did opt for the surgery. Dr.Dresner created a brand new tear duct for my left eye, which functioned perfectly from the moment it was completed. The surgery was performed at his surgery center, and I was able to go home the same day. Swelling and bruising were minimal, recovery was swift, and the scar is completely invisible. I was extremely pleased with the result of the surgery, and I highly recommend this doctor.

Dr. Dresner saved my eyes show details Dr. Dresner saved my eyes
by Nancy H. on Mar 8th, 2013

I came to Dr. Dresner back in 2006, after having suffered a chemical burn to my face, which damaged my lower eyelids, leaving me with severe eye problems. Dr. Dresner performed reconstructive eye surgery on me, and not only corrected the deformity but also most likely saved my eyesight. I have continued seeing him as a patient for the past nine years, and I find him to be one of the most caring, compassionate, and skilled surgeons that I have encountered. I highly recommend Dr. Dresner.

Excellent results for correction of Blov show details Excellent results for correction of Blov
by Miriam Schulman on Feb 6th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Dresner by my optometrist for correction of a blocked tear duct. The surgery (done as an outpatient in the Santa Monica surgical center) was completely successful, healed quickly, and left no scar.

WHAT A GROUCH show details WHAT A GROUCH
by Jay on Jan 21st, 2013

I came to Dr. Dresner for a second opinion before surgery to correct a medical problem regarding my eyelids. I spoke with him about the 2 other surgeons I had seen in West Los Angeles. Both doctors I saw are well respected and associated with UCLA and the Jules Stein Eye Institute. He spent more time saying negative things about these two other doctors than time he spent examining me. His comments reflected negatively on him and were very inappropriate. I also waited over an hour to see him and no one apologized or even commented regarding making me wait so long. This was very poor service.

EXCELLENT CARE show details EXCELLENT CARE
Jun 3rd, 2012

I just want to convey my deepest gratitude for the extraordinary care, attention and professionalism i indeed experienced during my appointments in your office. THANKS!!!!!

May 21st, 2012

I had a great experience here. I am an R.N. and am very discerning. I trust the doctor completely. I had a growth on my eyelid and he excised it without a scar. He is the best!

Patient who flys all the way from Arizona just to see Dr. Dresner. show details Patient who flys all the way from Arizona just to see Dr. Dresner.
May 6th, 2011

Dr. Dresner is hands down the best surgeon I have ever had in my 40 years plus of reconstructive surgery! He gave me back my eye after another surgeon's work left me with an eye socket that would no longer hold my prosthetic eye. He gave me back my ability to "be in the world." Plus, he stuck it out with me even though my situation is very complex and challenging. Other surgeon's including the one who did the surgery that was unsuccessful abandoned me. Not Dr. Dresner. He was thoughtful, planned very very carefully and then executed the surgery with great skill. He took a great deal of time to speak with me on several occasions about each of my surgeries. He was very patient as I went through my list of questions. There is NO ONE I would trust more than Dr. Dresner. I highly recommend him. In fact, I fly from Arizona to California just to see him. No matter where I move in the world, I would always fly to see Dr. Dresner. Put simply he is the best.

Rough and disrespectful show details Rough and disrespectful
Dec 27th, 2010

This guy may be a great physician, but he has ZERO bedside manner. I went in with a friend who is a disabled senior citizen and he didn't even hold the door for her when she came into the room. His exam was rough and he hurt her. He repositioned the exam chair without warning her and it was painful to her arthritis. He spoke with his face away from her, so she had a difficult time hearing his comments. He appeared to be in a big hurry.Run, don't walk, away from this doctor.

3 hr wait, no apology, rude and uncaring show details 3 hr wait, no apology, rude and uncaring
Jun 20th, 2009

This was the worst appt. I've ever experienced. 3 hrs in the waiting room w no apologies from the staff or the dr when I finally saw him. At that point he didn't acknowledge the wait, seemed uncaring about my condition, was pompous, rude and gave me the feeling I was a bother rather than a patient. Run, don't walk to a different dr if you are considering this MD.